Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Out!!!!!

Options
  • 23-08-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

A number of houses have had their outside Oil Burner for central heating robbed over the last few weeks.

The thieves have also targeted garden sheds and taken tools and bikes.... even when the houses were occuppied! This has all happened i and around Sligo Town. My next neighbour got done last night.
    I now have a baseball bat inside the back door!

Just a warning folks, and also make sure you lck all your doors at night - including your car doors!!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I agree. Five houses were robbed in the Ballinacarrow area over the last few weeks. So be on your guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

If the neighbour was that fool you spoke of in earlier posts I have no sympathy, of course he will prob just go to community welfare officer anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

jajjay wrote: »
    A number of houses have had their outside Oil Burner for central heating robbed over the last few weeks.

The thieves have also targeted garden sheds and taken tools and bikes.... even when the houses were occuppied! This has all happened i and around Sligo Town. My next neighbour got done last night.

Just a warning folks, and also make sure you lck all your doors at night - including your car doors!!:(

Which part of the town you in? North ward, east ward etc????

Would be interesting to know where these fuckers are, as I'm in the east ward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭looky loo

thanks jjay...must buy lock for shed...they are getting brazen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

jajjay wrote: »

No you dont, you have a baseball bat because you like to hit some baseballs out your back etc

If you happen to grab the bat when something happens then it is not pre meditated ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

i know of a boiler stolen in the ballinode area in the last 2 weeks - 10 year old boiler - not worth robbing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Sligored wrote: »
    i know of a boiler stolen in the ballinode area in the last 2 weeks - 10 year old boiler - not worth robbing
    Yes it was!
    Scrap is avery lucrative business these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

There has been a dodgy bloke going around houses in the Geevagh area over the past week or so. He called to my brother's yesterday trying to sell him stuff - started out with a chain saw and rapidly progressed on to socks! :D:rolleyes:

It seems as though he is sussing people's houses out. He has called to houses on my road and driven around the back into their yards without any genuine reason for doing so.

He is driving a silver Northern Ireland registered small people carrier type car.

May be nothing, just seems very dodgy to me, so be on your guard. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Sligored wrote: »
    that would be worth even more in scrap than the new ones, copper is mad money at the minute and the new tanks dont have half as much copper in them than the old ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

genie wrote: »
    There has been a dodgy bloke going around houses in the Geevagh area over the past week or so. He called to my brother's yesterday trying to sell him stuff - started out with a chain saw and rapidly progressed on to socks! :D:rolleyes:

It seems as though he is sussing people's houses out. He has called to houses on my road and driven around the back into their yards without any genuine reason for doing so.

He is driving a silver Northern Ireland registered small people carrier type car.

May be nothing, just seems very dodgy to me, so be on your guard. :)

sounds like hey bosses ive encountered in the past,its a half legit way of getting in around your place for a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Sorry, but what's a hey boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

genie wrote: »
    Sorry, but what's a hey boss?

I'm not sure on this, but I have a feeling it may refer to "a member of the travelling community" as they tend to have a penchant for "Hey boss".

Will be keeping a lookout for anything suspicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭WANTStoWORK

It's all the old people who are living on their own who I feel sorry for, it must play on their minds especially those who live way out in the sticks, It seems to be getting very bad this last while, Gardai can't be there 24/7 either, time for people power me thinks. I think everybody should also keep a watchful eye on their elderly neighbours from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I've heard that a silver car and a white van has been spotted at various robberies and the guards are looking for any information about anything suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Few houses done out Skreen/dromore direction last night. Seen guards outside 2 houses today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

that would be worth even more in scrap than the new ones, copper is mad money at the minute and the new tanks dont have half as much copper in them than the old ones.

There is very little copper in a boiler. Most of the good ones are made mostly of cast and it is the weight of the that they are probably stealing them for.

I do note that the condenser type boilers that are just sitting on a footpath at the side of your house are particularly vulnerable

Advertisement