Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plugs in Lecture Halls??

• 23-08-2011 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I've been offered a place in Software Development in Carlow and with that will probably need a laptop!! So my idea was to get a nice powerful one to suit all around needs. But that comes with one expense, A really small battery life! Something in the region of 2-3 hours!! So I'm wondering how much of a problem will this be? Will I be able to bring a charger into the lecture hall? :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

its an IT, the "Lecture Halls" are mostly classrooms.
    There are 2 or 3 Lecture halls but most of your lectures will be in classrooms.
    And yes, the majority have sockets around them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Just finished 1st year and you won't need a laptop for any of the lectures. 1st year is common so it isn't based on software development.

You'll only start programming every class in 2nd year.

Regarding lecture halls.

In first year your lectures are in 2 rooms.

The one beside the library which is large and one in the science department which is also big but not as large as the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Want Justice

chiloutus wrote: »
    But that comes with one expense, A really small battery life! Something in the region of 2-3 hours!! So I'm wondering how much of a problem will this be? :p

This wouldnt be a problem if ya bought a macbook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

inb4flamewar

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

Please, just take that somewhere else...I dont have the budget nor want one thanks :rolleyes:

As for the above comments, thanks that's all I needed to hear to reassure me that I'll be grand :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Want Justice

chiloutus wrote: »
    So my idea was to get a nice powerful one to suit all around needs.

Sorry but im not up to date on prices of POWERFUL laptops. And you never stated that a budget was involved.......

Advertisement