Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 - All questions, rumours, discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Doylers wrote: »
    Wonder if there will be any kind of preorder system from providers after the announcement?

I frigging doubt it, or if there is i wouldnt trust it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Something i just noticed is that compu b have started advertising EOL (End of line) stock. Macbooks and that.
    I would say apple will try and convince the masses that the event is to announce the new line of macbooks etc.

Compu B macbook

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

CMpunked wrote: »
    Something i just noticed is that compu b have started advertising EOL (End of line) stock. Macbooks and that.
    I would say apple will try and convince the masses that the event is to announce the new line of macbooks etc.

Compu B macbook

That doesn't make any sense.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Ward670

Lets hope Samsungs threatened legal action doesnt effect the launch here. They hope to ban the iphone 5 in europe. This could at least delay the european launch

That doesn't make any sense.:confused:

Apple could say that the event next week is to announce the new line of macbooks.
    Whats so cryptic about that? :pac:

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    Apple could say that the event next week is to announce the new line of macbooks.
    Whats so cryptic about that? :pac:

Why would they? Seriously, what's the point of them doing that, it's not like they're going to fool anyone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Apple don't work like that. It's usually pretty obvious what is being announced at the event. MBPs are due an update, but what CompuB are selling as EOL are previous gen models.

but what CompuB are selling as EOL are previous gen models.

Ahhh. I thought the i7s were the most recent.
    I hang my fanboy head in shame. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The title should read; former vp and now former apple board member. :p:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Reports are coming in saying that they won't be an iPhone 5 announced, but an iPhone 4S, a modest upgrade to the iPhone 4:

http://9to5mac.com/2011/09/21/will-the-iphone-4s-be-the-only-iphone-launched-at-apples-fall-event/

Disappointing if true. After the extra wait compared to previous iPhone announcements, I was hoping to see something really different.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

Al Gore announces iPhone 5 release next month

Well, he is on the Apple board of directors so I guess he is putting the hints out there to drum up some pre-release publicity...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Are these the same "analysts" who said the iPad 2 was going to be delayed until September because of production issues as well? I think they pull this crap out of their arse. I refuse to believe that Apple waited 16 months to release an "iPhone 4S" with an A5 chip and iOS 5. If that's all they were planning they would have released it at WWDC.

Are these the same "analysts" who said the iPad 2 was going to be delayed until September because of production issues as well? I think they pull this crap out of their arse. I refuse to believe that Apple waited 16 months to release an "iPhone 4S" with an A5 chip and iOS 5. If that's all they were planning they would have released it at WWDC.

I agree. Of course there's always the possibility that there is still unresolved issues with the 5 and the 4S is a fall back plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

eamo12 wrote: »
    Al Gore announces iPhone 5 release next month

Well, he is on the Apple board of directors so I guess he is putting the hints out there to drum up some pre-release publicity...

He's super cereal I'm sure!!
    Excelcior!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Apple can fook off with their 4GS!

If the guy next to me on the train can't tell I've the latest iPhone I don't want it. :pac:

(Don't believe there will only be a 4GS, btw...)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I fully believe there will be two models, the 4s, to replace the 4.

And an iPhone Pro, since it'll have an aluminum casing just like the MacBook pro, I think that's what they'll call it instead of the iPhone 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

some of us never really believed in iPhone 5, but a 4S type device

But it would be nice to see a new one

Bring IOS 5...that I am looking forward to

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭fraggle79

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

What are all these companies going to do if there is no iPhone 5

They have spent a lot on bucks developing products that may be to no avail

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

http://modmyi.com/content/5343-otterbox-case-leak-confirms-iphone-4s-existence.html

I seriously hope the mock-ups of the iphone 5 are real. It wouldn't make sense to do a little refresh (exterior wise) after such a long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I seriously hope the mock-ups of the iphone 5 are real. It wouldn't make sense to do a little refresh (exterior wise) after such a long wait.
    I'm not convinced by the image.

The volume buttons are on the wrong side and the gap for the sim card slot is too large. It's actually the correct size for the charging connector, but there's no way Apple would stick the dock connector on the side as it would render it incompatible with every single dock ever released.

It's only a picture of packaging. Packaging is cheap. I'd put my money on that being a mock-up of a new packing design that they're planning to launch and stuck those labels and images on just for example's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

"Inside Info" more so than "Analysts". While it probably is BS, it's not as if Apple could forsee production delays/problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

The giveaway for me on the supposed picture of the iPhone 5 is the landscape style menu button. It's been long known and Jobs has said it himself that he would love to get rid of the menu button and have a completely button free device if he could. That in mind why on earth would he make the only button on the front of it (which works perfectly) a hell of a lot bigger?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

iregk wrote: »
    The giveaway for me on the supposed picture of the iPhone 5 is the landscape style menu button. It's been long known and Jobs has said it himself that he would love to get rid of the menu button and have a completely button free device if he could. That in mind why on earth would he make the only button on the front of it (which works perfectly) a hell of a lot bigger?

So you can swipe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Hi, can anyone tell me if the new message system on IOS 5 will be similar or better than say biteSMS????

I.E. will it show contact pictures on Iphone 4?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Hi, can anyone tell me if the new message system on IOS 5 will be similar or better than say biteSMS????

I.E. will it show contact pictures on Iphone 4?
    Don't believe so: would take up too much space in window anyway?

iPhone-iMessage-2-660x440.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

True for the regular messaging, but with biteSMS when your phone is locked and you get a text, you get a nice picture with the pop up message :D

Would be a really nice feature :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

True for the regular messaging, but with biteSMS when your phone is locked and you get a text, you get a nice picture with the pop up message :D

Would be a really nice feature :rolleyes:

Notifications have changed a lot, see pics below for new lock screen notifications , but no picture afaik, personally wouldn't see the need for it, but I don't have pics in for people.Key feature of it for me is the swipe to respond from the lock screen

features_notification_lockscreen.png

• Advertisement

I cant wait for that notification bar.
    Ever since they announced it i have been willing it every time someone interrupts a game of angry birds with a text. :mad::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement