Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 - All questions, rumours, discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I'm happy enough with the 4. Have it over a year now and it's the first phone I haven't thought about changing. I'd normally be on my 2nd or 3rd phone by now.
    I'm more excited about IOS5 really and possibly iCloud.

Having said all that I'll probably jump on a 5 if one is announced.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Doylers wrote: »
    What sites are people using for the live blog tmz. I'm going with gizmodo or slahgear, still undecided.

thisismynext.com or engadget.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

the reason this makes sense to me too is because APple are trying to push everyone into the cloud.

in the not too distant future, there will be no need for 64GB memory because all your music, video, documents will be stored for easy retrieval in the cloud.
    That's not what Apple want at all. Storing everything in the cloud and eliminating the need for local storage is more Google's thing. Apple just want to use the cloud to sync the data between your various devices. Have a look at how iCloud works and you'll see this. Unlike Google, Apple are primarily in the business of selling hardware to consumers. It's simply not in their interest to replace local storage with the cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

am i the only one who prefers the FLAT surface of the iphone4 and not the ROUNDED sides of the iphone2,3g,3gs ?

mainly due to it being impossible to balance an old design iphone2,3g,3gs on its side to take a photo in timer mode.

i think it needs to stay.

practicality is as important as aesthetics.

As someone who has their phone constantly in their hand, I much prefer the 3GS as I feel the 4 is too sharp in the hand.

Some wild, crazy rumours going around now that there is a 5 and it's a Sprint exclusive for early 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭jamesd

Sold my 32gb iPhone 4 Sunday so hope tomorrow brings a good change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Inquitus wrote: »
    This is simply not the case, network providers are cutting data allowances to the bone these days, every time a new plan is launched the included data is cut.

If you can afford iPhone, you can afford paying for every bit of your data. Apple is magical machine for making money, not for improving customers life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,163 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

zom wrote: »
    If you can afford iPhone, you can afford paying for every bit of your data. Apple is magical machine for making money, not for improving customers life.

I don't think people can, I see people every day close to tears from getting fleeced, o2 more than any other operator for data shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

jamesd wrote: »
    Sold my 32gb iPhone 4 Sunday so hope tomorrow brings a good change.

You're mad man , for all we know there could only be an iPhone 4S being released tomorrow. With internal upgrades.

Gizmodo seem to think that there won't be an iphone 5 at all, only an upgraded 4. Lets hope there wrong.

http://gizmodo.com/5846107/what-to-expect-at-apples-iphone-event-tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Kenno90 wrote: »
    You're mad man , for all we know there could only be an iPhone 4S being released tomorrow. With internal upgrades.

Gizmodo seem to think that there won't be an iphone 5 at all, only an upgraded 4. Lets hope there wrong.

http://gizmodo.com/5846107/what-to-expect-at-apples-iphone-event-tomorrow

Gizmodo aren't exactly great.

Apple have to announce an iPhone 5 tomorrow. Sales of a low-budget iPhone 4S wouldn't make any sense apart from possible bringing some new customers to the iPhone market. I want to return to the iPhone but I won't for a 4S, complete false market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Who exactly is the target market for the "cheaper" 4S?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

The big day tomorrow, 6pm our time!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Will be on the train at 6 tomorrow - any thoughts on the best live blog for an iPhone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Has meteor given any confirmation about them selling the iphone 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Sold my 16gb Iphone 4 for 400e yesterday.

Really hope that an iPhone 5 is announced. Would be very disappointed if it was only a 4s announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,566 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

RobitTV wrote: »
    Has meteor given any confirmation about them selling the iphone 5?
    the bigger networks around the world haven't given confirmation, doubtful meteor will even know if they are getting it let alone confirm it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Dades wrote: »
    Will be on the train at 6 tomorrow - any thoughts on the best live blog for an iPhone? :)

MacRumors usually provide decent coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Dades wrote: »
    Engadget are the best I think. Their TouchScreen friendly site is i.engadget.com, if you are planning to access it from a mobile device.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    The Prepaid market. Apple did say at one of their Financial reports that they are looking at ways to break into the market.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    poor people, the proletariat, or as ross o carroll kelly would say CHV

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Some wild, crazy rumours going around now that there is a 5 and it's a Sprint exclusive for early 2012.
    The Wall Street Journal reports the Sprint is preparing to "bet the company" on the iPhone, agreeing to purchase 30.5 million units over the next four years regardless of whether they are purchased by customers or not. At a current average selling price of $655 for the iPhone, the agreement is a nearly $20 billion commitment for Sprint.
    Mr. Hesse told the board the carrier would have to agree to purchase at least 30.5 million iPhones over the next four years—a commitment of $20 billion at current rates—whether or not it could find people to buy them, according to people familiar with the matter. In order to keep the price people pay for the phone low and competitive with rivals, Sprint would be subsidizing the cost of each phone to the tune of about $500, which would take a long time to recoup even at the high monthly fees iPhone users pay.
    :eek:

• Advertisement

that exclusivity deal should only be in the states i'd imagine if it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

that exclusivity deal should only be in the states i'd imagine if it's true.

Good time to invest in apple shares if it is :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Its October 4th wheres my iPhone! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

@macworld will be worth a follow for a live feed from inside apple hc! 6pm our time Looking forward to seeing the new iPhone 5,

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭zeemax

Won't be iPhone 5 I say apple won't want to lose money. They'll do a 4 s first then bring out a 5 but I so hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Here's hoping for an iPhone 5 , slimmer , faster and just a slight increase in screen size.
    Will be disappointed if not a new design and will seriously consider goin back to Android

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

If it is a 4S I will probably switch to android and give that a go for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

there's no way Apple will just launch a 4s today..they'd get slaughtered by the critics if they did after a 15 month wait for a newer model.
    If anything they'll launch the 5 first and then the 4s.

From the rumours coming out the 5 will have 8 megapixel camera, dual core, 1gb ram and 3,
    I reckon the 4s would be single core, 512mb , same screen as iphone 4 but no retina and same camera.
    I also reckon that the iphone 4 will lie between the 4s and 5 in terms of specs etc.

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    I reckon the 4s would be single core, 512mb , same screen as iphone 4 but no retina and same camera.
    I also reckon that the iphone 4 will lie between the 4s and 5 in terms of specs etc.

They can't stick an S (which stands for speed(-ier)) on to the iphone 4 and for it not to have a retina display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement