Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 - All questions, rumours, discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

eeloe wrote: »
    It's business sence, and good business sence from Apple.

Give the junkies their fix every 12 months for the first 4 iPhones, then bang, they hold out, increases the 'want' level....rumors start even more, getting the fan boys even more riled up!

I think the reason they held out is to release at the same time as iPod touch. It was too obvious what updates to touch would be so it's update wasn't such a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

What ever date they release it in America it'll be another month before it comes to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

mad muffin wrote: »
    What ever date they release it in America it'll be another month before it comes to Ireland.

With every new product release Ireland gets closer and closer to the original us release date. So you'd never know this time around it could be a week or two later. I don't know if it's a production thing that holds them back from selling worldwide at first or maybe they have to sort out a few legal things but with the iPad 2 the release for Ireland was two weeks after the US. But the iPad 1 was four weeks. Same with iPhones etc.
    I'd say more than likely it'll take a week or two before we can get them over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

In general those that give out about the IPhone are those that can;t afford them. :p

About three months ago Adverts was full of people trying to shift their IPhone 4's so that they could purchase the Galaxy S2, now the oposite has happened, heaps are trying to switch back and you now can't avoid tripping over the things.

The very lightweight feel of the S2 was enough to put me off it immediately. There is an expression with PRO Audio, if its heavy it must be good, same applies to IPhone 4 . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

The latest rumour is that the factory is already churning out 150000 iphone 5's a day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

yeah i read that aswell, i wonder are they waiting till they have enough stock so they can release it a few days after the announcement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I wonder how Apple's distribution network into Ireland works.. For the 'expected' timeline to work, someone's possibly packing a few container loads onto a ship heading for Ireland already. In that sense it's amazing how they keep it secret so close to the expected release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

In general those that give out about the IPhone are those that can;t afford them. :p

About three months ago Adverts was full of people trying to shift their IPhone 4's so that they could purchase the Galaxy S2, now the oposite has happened, heaps are trying to switch back and you now can't avoid tripping over the things.

The very lightweight feel of the S2 was enough to put me off it immediately. There is an expression with PRO Audio, if its heavy it must be good, same applies to IPhone 4 . :)

Anyone can afford an iPhone these days (what with networks' offers etc), some people just don't want to pay that much for a phone.

There are 2 pages (14 for sales) of Galaxy S2's for sale as opposed to 32 for the iPhone 4.

The fact it was lightweight is what I liked about it. If it's heavy it's better?! Em..have you compared the spec of the two phones!? G S2 blows iPhone 4 out of the water!

Think I'll hold out 'til the iPhone 5 is released and if I don't like it (though I can't imagine I won't) I'll go back to my G S2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Apple don't ship new iPhones anywhere until after they are announced. Initial supplies would be very limited, so it's like they would be bringing in that many in advance. They'd probably all fit on a single plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Wolflikeme wrote: »
    Anyone can afford an iPhone these days (what with networks' offers etc), some people just don't want to pay that much for a phone.

There are 2 pages (14 for sales) of Galaxy S2's for sale as opposed to 32 for the iPhone 4.

The fact it was lightweight is what I liked about it. If it's heavy it's better?! Em..have you compared the spec of the two phones!? G S2 blows iPhone 4 out of the water!

Think I'll hold out 'til the iPhone 5 is released and if I don't like it (though I can't imagine I won't) I'll go back to my G S2.

I'm kind of in the same boat. i love gadgets, (also own an ipad and apple tv) and i love tinkering with stuff. i've been an iphone user for 18 months now (3gs), and while i love the phone it seems to have taken my appetite for tinkering away. it just does what i want it to do, no fuss. i'm holding out until the 5 so i can do a direct comparison with everything on the market. I'd like to experience android for a while, just so i could learn the ins and outs of the OS but the lure of the fruit is strong...

...i've even started lurking in the android forum :eek:

• Advertisement

....not another Android vs. iOS thread takeover :D

I think there should be a forum section dedicated to it, right beside the Mac OSX vs. Windows one :D

Can't we just all get along and respect eachothers mobile device choice :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DubDJ wrote: »
    ....not another Android vs. iOS thread takeover :D

I think there should be a forum section dedicated to it, right beside the Mac OSX vs. Windows one :D

Can't we just all get along and respect eachothers mobile device choice :P

Obviously not.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

guil wrote: »

??? You lost me

they have an iphone 5 listed so i think it will be announced soon

ah its gone now but they had iphone 5 16gb and iphone 5 32gb listed in the compatible devices

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Going by the wayback machine, that page hasnt been updated since july.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

You want an iphone 5 so bad guil your seeing things :D

Seen this on one of the rumour sites a while ago so I knew what you were saying but yeah it has been removed. I'd say it's just a typo rather than them accidently releasing info on a new iPhone.

• Advertisement

Seen this on one of the rumour sites a while ago so I knew what you were saying but yeah it has been removed. I'd say it's just a typo rather than them accidently releasing info on a new iPhone.
    thar she blows
    found it in my cache

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

thar she blows
    found it in my cache

'shoped :D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭mihau

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    DRose1 wrote: »
    I am fairly certain the iPhone 5 will be lagging behind all of the major Android devices out or coming out in terms of hardware (and its OS imo). The only thing it will have going for it will be the high res screen imo.

Doesn't matter what I think though; they will still sell zillions no matter how little an upgrade it is to the iPhone 4.

iOS is well on a par with Android...despite what the fanbois on both sides may think.
    And I had a mate slagging me over going for an iphone when he plumped for the HTC desire instead saying "his phone could do anything the iphone could "...

everything except install unlimited apps which since the desire shipped with only a paltry 128mb means he's constantly chopping and changing apps...and only some apps support installing onto the sd card ...just incase you try and pull that one out too ;)

Another chap with his HC Desire HD constantly complains about his crap battery life..as most users found out ...so explain where the iphone will lag behind the current devices? It's all very well to say it will lag behind future android devices so isn't it equally true that the iphone 5 will surpass present devices?

I'm seriously thinking of holding out for Nokia & windows mobile 8....with the same OS across your pc/xbox and phone it could be a real game changer...hopefully it comes out within the next 6-8 months.

Let me contradict you. I've been an Apple addict since they came out with the 2g. My personal record was 8 months with the same phone which was iPhone 4. I have to say that I am getting a little annoyed by the fact that they are giving away technology in small bits, rather then being in trend.
    That being said. My first Android was the xperia play. Great phone , etc, but lacking ram. And very poor battery life.
    Recently got the desire hd. I must say that it has been a while since a phone impressed me, and not giving me the sensation that I want to change it. I'm getting more battery life than I was with the iPhone, I don't care about hundreds of thousands of apps as most of them are crap anyway. I can get my favourite games on it as well. The Sri wow gives a new dimension to my music, free navigation, and best of all it's not overpriced at 6-700 euro, even if it's simfree.
    So until Apple is going to step up they're game I'm gonna stick with just fixing them and keep my HTC desire hd, until the EVO 3d will come to Ireland.

And forgot to mention, I an get 2 games for 2 euro from the gameloft shop, instead of paying 7 euro or more for the same game in appstore.

And by the way I've seen a lot of people not knowing how to use their phone at it's full potential. Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

thar she blows
    found it in my cache
    Probably someone jumping the gun.

I'd be very suprised if they release an iP5 16GB without a 64GB version.

At best, the 16GB would be the budget iPhone that's been rumoured.

The 32GB is about the minimum you need if you use the phone for HD video. If they want to push the spec higher (and maintain competitiveness), they have to go to 64GB.

The way their products are going now they have the iPod Touch & iPad with 64GB models. So I'd say now their next addition will be the iPhone. Flash memory is starting to drop in price now so it's more than likely gonna happen.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Most of rumours today are about iOS5 release in early Nov. If course that will likely mean the iPhone 5 a few days later.

Have to say I can't see much they could add to the iPhone to make me rush toward it, I am extremely keen to see a full release of iOS5 though. Have real use for a lot of the features across iPhone 4, iPad and appleTV.

(and of course if the iPhone 5 is quicker, bigger screen, better camera and more memory and I can get one handily enough maybe I'll rush after all!)

copacetic wrote: »
    Most of rumours today are about iOS5 release in early Nov. If course that will likely mean the iPhone 5 a few days later.

Have to say I can't see much they could add to the iPhone to make me rush toward it, I am extremely keen to see a full release of iOS5 though. Have real use for a lot of the features across iPhone 4, iPad and appleTV.

(and of course if the iPhone 5 is quicker, bigger screen, better camera and more memory and I can get one handily enough maybe I'll rush after all!)

Most of the rumours I've been reading have indicated an October release not November. I'd say for Ireland we can see a late October release date. But probably see it released in the States in 2-3 weeks. Just hope iOS is soon. Their indication a release by the first week of October.

Again all speculation but I'm hopeful. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Most of the rumours I've been reading have indicated an October release not November. I'd say for Ireland we can see a late October release date. But probably see it released in the States in 2-3 weeks. Just hope iOS is soon. Their indication a release by the first week of October.

Again all speculation but I'm hopeful. :D

Sorry, you are right, was also checking up on the sandy bridge E rumours at same time and that's early november!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

manu2009 wrote: »
    October 15th is a Saturday, has Apple ever released a product on a Saturday??

I haven't seen as much speculation and hype over an Apple product in years. Usually something gets leaked, or the rumors start to get consistent. But the rumors are pretty all over the place lately. And the fact it's been a year since the last iPhone update, it's only fueling the hype!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement