Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 - All questions, rumours, discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

O2 lie.

Was about to say the very same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Salesperson in lie to get commission shocker!

Unfortunately, in life as the stakes get higher, the salespeople get slippier (cars, houses).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

People should learn that phone providers know very little about the phones they sell or forthcoming models. They work on a different agenda to phone manufacturers and O2 call centre reps would not have an insight into Apple's product plans.

murpho999 wrote: »
    People should learn that phone providers know very little about the phones they sell or forthcoming models. They work on a different agenda to phone manufacturers and O2 call centre reps would not have an insight into Apple's product plans.

So your saying they don't have information from apple about the upcoming phone and so the rep lied when he said it wouldn't be coming out this year? He was just speculating about the release date more than likely to get the sale.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,286 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Of course they don't know.
    Look at all the rumours and speculation online about dates.
    Apple are keeping the date a secret.

Do you not think that if an entry level sales rep was privvy to this info then all the papers and websites etc would of found out by now. There must be 100s of thousands od people working for Apple, phone shops etc. They just don't get told this info.

Apples head guys have been told.
    The head guys of the networks that will get the iPhone5 first have been told. That's it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Mellor wrote: »
    Apples head guys have been told.

Who tells Apple head guys ????:eek:

Surely they are the ones doing the telling!!!:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

All seems to fall in line with the end-of-October predictions for release.

We'll probably see iOS5 released at the end of that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I've gotten three phone calls from O2 in the last few weeks telling me that i'm entitled to a gold upgrade. When I tell them I'm not interested in any of the phones they have, and that I'm waiting for the iphone 5, they said that it's not going to be released til next year.

Ha! O2 rep told me last week that it'll be released in a couple of months. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Tabnabs wrote: »

Also maybe something to back up the October 4th date. Although Apple don't usually release the iPhone in the US the date of the announcement it could well happen this year as they have been changing the usual process around (e.g late iPhone announcement)

Anyway this was posted back in July as a possible release date for the iPhone. And now AllThingsD seems to think it will be October 4th too.

Maybe it won't be released till for following week but AT&T are preparing for these changes by modifying their plans on the date of the announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

/rubs hands in anticipation

Now we just need a more solid leak on what the heck they're releasing!

Dades wrote: »
    /rubs hands in anticipation

I found an iPhone 5 Prototype in a bar in Dublin City Centre last night. I'd be happy to sell it to you for a few grand lol :D

Dades wrote: »

A phone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

I 100% gaurantee it will be a 4S. 100%.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

DubDJ wrote: »
    I found an iPhone 5 Prototype in a bar in Dublin City Centre last night. I'd be happy to sell it to you for a few grand lol :D
    Don't tell me - they've gone back to the 3G look? I'll get my chequebook...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I 100% gaurantee it will be a 4S. 100%.

unfortunately, you can't 100% gaurantee anything for us, unless your name is Jobs or Cooke....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I'm 100% sure that I think the new iPhone will be called the 4S.
    :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

CMpunked wrote: »

I bet any money in the world this will be on it

36279225.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

CMpunked wrote: »

Thats what its pointing to. At no point did Apple say anything about the iPhone 5. A name was never mentioned by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Doylers wrote: »
    So your saying they don't have information from apple about the upcoming phone and so the rep lied when he said it wouldn't be coming out this year? He was just speculating about the release date more than likely to get the sale.:cool:

That's pretty much what I am saying yes, and today's news of a likely Oct 5th unveiling has proven that.

I would never rely on any network provider for availabilty or even the usefulness of a phone.

O2 might have info about release dates but only at a senior level so they can start to formulate marketing and price plans but there is no way a lowly telemarketer in their call centre would know anything about it.

Those people are often misinformed and would say anything to get a sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

Looks like we will be getting the iPhone 5 in October!:D

http://mashable.com/2011/09/21/apple-iphone-5-october-4/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Looks like we will be getting the iPhone 5 in October!:D

http://mashable.com/2011/09/21/apple-iphone-5-october-4/
    theres a thread for the next iphone

guil wrote: »
    theres a thread for the next iphone

Sorry, I was that excited I didnt even look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Sorry, I was that excited I didnt even look :)
    haha i know the feeling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

Id love to be rich :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Hmmmm....queue iphonemania & a surge of iPhone 4 on adverts, etc, maybe this launch will help the world economy???? :D I'm excited :p

peterk675 wrote: »

me too :-)

Im gonna win the lotto tonight :D

Little graph showing how long after the announcement each product was released (US release)

Ireland seem to be getting closer and closer to the US release so we could get it by the end of Oct at the latest.

screen-shot-2011-09-21-at-9-39-08-am.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

peterk675 wrote: »

I'd love it if people looked before they posted :pac:

in before the merge.

• Advertisement

Wonder if there will be any kind of preorder system from providers after the announcement?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement