Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last minute bid to learn to surf!

Options
  • 23-08-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Have made a last minute descision to learn to surf next week :rolleyes:! I've never been on a board in my life but I can travel anywhere in the country. Was wondering ye're opinions were on the best schools in the country and where the best surfing was around this time of the year?Hoping to get in decent amount of lessons in, maybe around 4/5? T.I.A!

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Get on to Ben's Surf Clinic in Lahinch. Really good quality coaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

A week should do it....????

Nah, it all about the time spent in the water and sorry to disappoint you but the learning curve goes on for years.
    Having said that... a proper school like Bens Surf Clinic or 7th Wave in Sligo ya'll know if its for you or not after a week or so.

The most important thing in learning to surf is deciding that it is for you and deciding to stick to it. Many people have the craic over a couple of weekends but others stick to it.

Good luck Brah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 laikabot

Yeah,I should have said start to learn to surf, Im obviously not goin to be proficient in a week!Thanks for the recommendations guys!

Advertisement