Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks at Annacotty

• 23-08-2011 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know what is going on at the turn off the N7 just beyond Annacotty bridge and before Finnegans?

It looks like footpaths being laid from St. Vincents in Lisnagry going up towards the Annacotty Industrial Estate and similarly above the junction heading towards Finnegans.

I live up that road and there was originally talk of a roundabout being built at the junction with the N7. However in the last few years, a local councillor sent a letter around saying that there would be a set of traffic lights going there instead.

There's nothing on the Limerick County Council website, so I was curious if anyone on here knew what was happening.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I don't know but the junction really needs traffic lights.

You can't really put a roundabout on it because there is access to a house on one side of it. I know they could because in places like the mysterious roundabout before Oranmore in Co Galway there is a roundabout and there is no reason for it and there is a driveway leading onto the roundabout. Weird. :confused:

All I noticed them doing yesterday was some landscaping and the cones went on forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I don't know but the junction really needs traffic lights.

You can't really put a roundabout on it because there is access to a house on one side of it. I know they could because in places like the mysterious roundabout before Oranmore in Co Galway there is a roundabout and there is no reason for it and there is a driveway leading onto the roundabout. Weird. :confused:

All I noticed them doing yesterday was some landscaping and the cones went on forever.

Yes, it definitely needs lights - its really hairy trying to come down that road, turn onto the N7 and head for Dublin.

At the time that the roundabout was being mooted, there were moves afoot to buy the house which exits onto that junction.

They seem to have dug back the ditch on all approaches to the junction to the approximate width of a footpath, and have been laying pipes also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pigtown

As far as I know they are putting in the badly needed traffic lights and the Smarter Travel document on Limerick City Councils website says something about cycle lanes from that junction into Castletroy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Couldnt they buy some of the land in front of the house and use that space for a roundabout? Limerick does not need more traffic lights!!!

It will seriously feck up that road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

They could move some of the traffic lights from places where there was no need for them- Dock Road for example...Clare street too :D

Provided they set them to priority for Dublin Road traffic and on demand for traffic coming out of Annacotty. And no unnecessary pedestrian crossing lights either -.-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

feck it I will have to get up earlier once they put them in

Advertisement