Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Astra Van or Mitsu L200 Warrior

Options
  • 23-08-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

So I'm looking for something to carry around equipment for a working band. I've been looking at the Opel Astra hatch van because its small and car like, easy for city centre access but no use if i wanna carry more than one passenger. Does anyone have experience of driving this van and can you tell me what the road tax is for 1.3 and 1.7 model circa 05 - 08.

I've seen a lot of old L200 Warriors up for sale, better for carrying more than one (child size) passenger and gigs outside city centre. Same question. Does anyone have experience of driving these and how much for road tax?

Cheers:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

transit. /thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Solnskaya wrote: »
    transit. /thread.
    Woo, *chan speak.

Though a transit would be good for moving stuff, he said for passengers as well. I'd say check out the Berlingo Multispace or Renault Kangoo Kar. There is also the people carrier versions of the VW Caddy Maxi Life if I recall correctly. There is loads of options available. Even an ex-taxi with 6 seats in the back if you're inclined to go that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Do a bit of searching on the L200; anything I've heard about them has been that they are unreliable and costly to maintain. That said, I've never owned one, so that's all second hand information.

If you're going the 4x4 route, take a look at the Hilux and the Navara.

I know several people who have bought the Navara, and all are happy with it. Apparently heavy on diesel, but very capable and reliable.

I'm not sure about the modern Hilux, but there seem to be a huge amount of them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

1st in with Octavia.

Advertisement