Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT249/1

Options
  • 23-08-2011 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I am a little bit confused: Starting the DT249 this September. I got the confirmation letter but didn't receive any information about registration and when it starts. Anybody any idea?

Have to add: This is a part-time course and couldn't find anything on the DIT website.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LisaMaria17

Nobody has! They don't send the registration pack out until everyone has their courses accepted, which includes those in round 2 :D We'll all be waiting another week for them. As far as I know, the course confirmation letter is sent by the CAO to your house, and then the actual registration pack is sent to your house by the college itself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dublindiego

Thanks! Do you have any idea around when the classes start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Aimeesheree

Induction and ID collection days are around the 13th sept so it will be soon after that.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Technicolour

Nobody has! They don't send the registration pack out until everyone has their courses accepted, which includes those in round 2 :D We'll all be waiting another week for them. As far as I know, the course confirmation letter is sent by the CAO to your house, and then the actual registration pack is sent to your house by the college itself :D

I have.. I was in round 0 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LisaMaria17

I checked on the DIT Facebook group page and they said that lectures commence on the 17th, but is first years need to be in on the 12th for orientation and stuff :D
    http://www.dit.ie/services/academicaffairsandregistrar/calendar/ (:

• Advertisement

Just got an email from DIT with all details:

"Classes will commence on Tuesday, 20th September 2011 at 6:30pm in DIT Kevin St.

Further details will be e-mailed to you regarding registration etc within the next week."

Now I am feeling better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Yup I'm doing this course too and was a bit panicked. Got the same email today. Phew! Can't wait to start.

See you in a few weeks dublindiego :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Kieran180782

Hey Folks, are any of you mature students?

I was thinking most of the DT249 students are mature students? I definitely am.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Kieran180782

I was thinking most of the DT249 students are mature students? I definitely am.

Someone Just mentioned that alot are just after finishing leaving certs and need to work during the day to pay for accom etc.. so wasn't sure if many mature students would be at it. Atleast I won't be the only auld timer attending it ;-)

• Advertisement

Well I'm 25 if that counts as an aul fella :P

Was a little worried that there'd be a huge generation gap on the course but from what I've read it's fairly evenly spread. Not long to go now folks! Look forward to seeing you all next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Tomas_S

i'm 29 :D

I'm deep in my thirties... hope I'm not the oldest. ;)

See you all next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

And another one here, also into my 30's.
    Looking forwards to meet yee all :D

Just to be sure about this, we can start attending lectures next week without having registered/payed up right? That's the jist of the email I got from Ciarán the other day. Apparently there's delays in registration due to cutbacks and a higher volume of applicants. Guess that's an upside to the recession. We'll have a ridiculously skilled workforce in 5 years time :D

Just to be sure about this, we can start attending lectures next week without having registered/payed up right? That's the jist of the email I got from Ciarán the other day. Apparently there's delays in registration due to cutbacks and a higher volume of applicants. Guess that's an upside to the recession. We'll have a ridiculously skilled workforce in 5 years time :D

I'm in the same position: haven't received registration letter only email that I can start attending classes.
    Does anybody have any suggestions about parking around the place? I know there's few spots on the road?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Tomas_S wrote: »
    I'm in the same position: haven't received registration letter only email that I can start attending classes.
    Does anybody have any suggestions about parking around the place? I know there's few spots on the road?

Which Campus are you going to be in?

If you are in Aungier Street / Kevin Street you can park in the RCSI/St Stephens Green car park (2 min/4 min walk from the door) and you get a ~60% (€1.50/hr as opposed to 90c/15mins - €3.60/hr)

If you are in Bolton Street you can park in the Car park behind Cineworld. I know that you do get a discount, but I have never used it so have no idea what the price of it is - I can only assume that its similar to Aungier Street.

As for the other campuses - haven't got a clue. If someone does know and they'd like to post them in the Definitive Guide to DIT thread it'd be great!

Which Campus are you going to be in?

If you are in Aungier Street / Kevin Street you can park in the RCSI/St Stephens Green car park (2 min/4 min walk from the door) and you get a ~60% (€1.50/hr as opposed to 90c/15mins - €3.60/hr)

If you are in Bolton Street you can park in the Car park behind Cineworld. I know that you do get a discount, but I have never used it so have no idea what the price of it is - I can only assume that its similar to Aungier Street.

As for the other campuses - haven't got a clue. If someone does know and they'd like to post them in the Definitive Guide to DIT thread it'd be great!

I'll be in Kevin st. Is it not free on the road after 19.00? As I start 18.30

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

Around the front right outside of the college at Kevin street it is free after 7... At the back @ Camden Lane it's paid parking right up till midnight... But be careful... If you park outside the Mace or anywhere there outside of the times you can be clamped... There is a sign saying that you can park there after 4 but there is also a sneaky sign that says its a clearway from 4-7... I didn't see this n ended up gettin clamped at like half 6 and I had the car there from 4 with me constantly checking it! It's like the clampers waited for me to leave the college to go somewhere else to get me lol =D

love those clamping people! Thanks for heads up mate

Mod Note:
    Be nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Just to be sure about this, we can start attending lectures next week without having registered/payed up right?

this is standard practice for 249 - the tricky part is actually finding which room you are supposed to be in

john47832 wrote: »
    this is standard practice for 249 - the tricky part is actually finding which room you are supposed to be in

Induction supposed to be in K308?

Tomas_S wrote: »
    Induction supposed to be in K308?

dunno - induction for year 1, after that you have to find your own way

Are u lost Tara?

Okay, quick summary:

- Induction will take place on 20th September at 6:30pm in room K308 - on the third floor of the main building in Kevin St.

- Registration fees paid by none of us. No registration letter received.

- Parking is a little bit tricky.

Sounds like it's getting serious now. I am quiet excited. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭lotas

Just a note... I am in year 3 of this course, and when it comes to Parking, little tip: Park in the Stephens Green car park. Take your ticket, and in the Reception of the College, beside the Windows, there is a "Validator" (basically a box with a stamp in it). Stamp the ticket, and when you put it in the parking machine, you get your parking at 2EUR. Works for night time course goers... And during the day, it reduces the price, but cant remeber to what... think it was a fiver when i was doing exams last...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

lotas wrote: »
    Just a note... I am in year 3 of this course, and when it comes to Parking, little tip: Park in the Stephens Green car park. Take your ticket, and in the Reception of the College, beside the Windows, there is a "Validator" (basically a box with a stamp in it). Stamp the ticket, and when you put it in the parking machine, you get your parking at 2EUR. Works for night time course goers... And during the day, it reduces the price, but cant remeber to what... think it was a fiver when i was doing exams last...

Gives a 60% ish discount during the day. Full details of it are in the definitive guide to DIT thread

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭lotas

is there an online version of that handbook? when i got mine, i did what i do with all manuals... did not read...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dima1

Looking forwards as well.

• Advertisement

One more day to go.

It'll be fun trying to spot the boards heads on Tuesday. Perhaps a wee preliminary introduction session is needed?

Advertisement