Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT249/1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Kieran180782

I'll probably be easily noticed as I'll more than likely be the person Coughing and Sneezing the whole way through the lectures.. Great time to be coming down with a cold / flu. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dublindiego

I might be the oldest, non-Irish, dark hair, beard (which might change until tomorrow) and I will probably not talk much. Good luck finding me.

Finding Kieran180782 is probably very easy! ;)

Are any of you coming from a Technology background or something completely different? I'm working in Citi, as a Support helpdesk. Basically providing support and admin of the core accounting and custody platforms within the business.

Web design/web development is my background. I guess that's a technology background. At least I have to deal with some code on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Tomas_S

I only studied html and css for my own pleasure :)

Studied meaning reading the book :) and messing around with website :)

• Advertisement

Cool.. id say you will find some of this course fairly ok with you.
    As soon as I arrive in it will be... "what, you can do that by doing this...Wow!!" I'm more of a virgin to all this programming etc..
    Find it fascinating though.. need a change of scenery to what I've been doing for nearly 10 yrs (celebrating the 10 in Oct)

Joined up to Lynda.com but never got the time to look at it really.

My idea of this whole studies is to learn more of the backend stuff. I want to get an understanding of how all these bits and bytes really work. Basically I want to be able to reinvent Pac-Man in the end.

:pac:····•·····

Good stuff. Should be very interesting course. My bro did computer science in trinity a few years back and said it was a very well layed out and tough course. I used to hate skool and college.. when you grow up you tend to appreciate education more.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

I'll be there this evening. Thought tonight was an actual lecture, glad I apparently haven't missed induction, so.
    No proper info/tech background here, I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Induction was good tonight. Nice to meet everyone, students and staff alike!

Ate my own bodyweight in finger food though haha.

I strolled in late.. Was waiting up in Room K308 for 20 minutes. Wasn't in work on Monday or Tuesday so I didnt receive the email to say it was KE4-008. Nothing as bad as walking into a lecture 20 mins late.. lol!

Is it the same room we are in today or is it KE1-008?

KE1-008 me think :)

Cheers Mate.KE1-008 It is :)

Induction was good tonight. Nice to meet everyone, students and staff alike!

Ate my own bodyweight in finger food though haha.

I was watching you. You have put half a plate into your bag. I also didn't like your attitude against foreigners and the binge drinking after the course... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ihastakephoto

Hey, that was me who approached the loitering group tonight suggesting pints btw
    Look forward to some lectures

I was watching you. You have put half a plate into your bag. I also didn't like your attitude against foreigners and the binge drinking after the course... ;)

I know the sausage grease went all over my bag and I woke up covered in bruises the next day :D. How could you let that happen to me??
    Hey, that was me who approached the loitering group tonight suggesting pints btw
    Look forward to some lectures

Aha! I've nearly sussed out all the boards heads on the course. I'm one of the cool smokers clique.

Hi, can anybody login to moodle with test.me@student.dit.ie for programming?

I got in fine. I didn't put the @student.dit.ie part on it though. Just test.me

oh yeah thanks! I was probably asleep yest like that dog:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rosco_pwnz

Hey guys,

Looks like I'm the youngest person in this course,only 19..you probably all know who I am now :p.

Does anyone know what the story is with labs on monday?

Lol.. I've not met anyone on the board yet. I'll Probably come in Monday / Tuesday with Name Tag Kieran180782 ;)
    I was wondering the same myself about Mondays Lab class.. Maybe it's to early into the course for attending this monday.. I'm not sure though.
    What's the view on the rest of the board?

you know me Kieran, the guy who was waiting for 20 minutes at the wrong room with you haha

Lol.. Oh yeah.. What's the Story mate :)
    I was actually wondering about this Monday Class as well myself lastnight.. Dont want to end up waiting outside a room scratching me head for another 20 mins again :)

Well I thought labs were meant to used for doing assignments...and we don't have any yet...unless that little question thing on moodle counts..but I've already done that

I must have a look at those questions myself later today, have to go into town to see if I can get the 2 books. You get them yet?

Nope, and I probably won't...

There are so many free tutorials and stuff to read on the net , so no point spending money on books

EDIT: I found this site searching boards http://www2.its.strath.ac.uk/courses/c/

It's really good I think

True... Was looking at that "TheNewBoston" channel on youtube for the programming. Seems pretty good!!
    Off into town now, Hopefully can manage to stay away from the Pub :) Chat you later mate

Yea I watched all his C programming tutorials ,there are only 15 and they don't get into much detail and I have no idea if the objective C tutorials are ok for people starting out in C

• Advertisement

You guys think tomorrow could be easily skipped?

I wonder if they want to show us how to install and use a compiler? :p
    Or how to unzip files(!)? :rolleyes:
    Or which program to download to unzip files(!!!)? :eek:

With all respect to everyone who doesn't know about this - I don't see any use in going there tomorrow. Or did I miss something else with any learning profit for us? :confused:

Advertisement