Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hedge cutting prices

• 23-08-2011 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

just bought a new hedge cutter and was wondering what price do ye charge per hour for hedge cutting?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭hedgecutting eddie

just bought a new hedge cutter and was wondering what price do ye charge per hour for hedge cutting?

40inc vat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

yea my lad charges me 35-40hr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Bought a hedgecutter in 2004 for €3000. A fresh enough Bomford B457. Its compact enough - you could easily operate it on a Mf165. It has enough reach to cut all my hedges off the road. Used to get a contractor in every year for 15 to 20 hours and do hedges on rotation. Able to do every hedge every year now and able to trim the grass verges with it during the summer.

It has more than paid for itself at this stage and the only parts that I had to put into it are 1 or 2 flails every year.

Worth considering if you have the time and a tractor to operate it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

reilig wrote: »
    Worth considering if you have the time and a tractor to operate it.
    And the money :P

pajero12 wrote: »
    And the money :P

Long term investment. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

75e /hr for saw work

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

blue5000 wrote: »
    75e /hr for saw work
    :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Thats crazy money.

75e /hr for saw work

That's the going rate for saw work around here too.

Bought a saw head for my Bomford for EUR500. Its not the cost of the machine to buy or the cost of the tractor that runs it which makes it so expensive - Its because its dangerous work in comparison to the flail head. Lots of pieces fly and glass can shatter in the blink of an eye. Insurance for a contractor with the saw head is massive too!!

It can be expensive to have the saw head sharpened too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

75e /hr for saw work

McGuire and Patterson, would work out cheaper, I'd say.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Tora Bora wrote: »
    McGuire and Patterson, would work out cheaper, I'd say.:cool:

Maybe a little indisciminate, those boys!

Husquvarna might be a better man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

lad in our area charges 500 a day for sawhead,he gen works about a 7 hr day when you count he isnt always actually cutting which is expensive....longterm mcguire and patterson prob give far better result but diff rules in diff counties for letting them loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

75e /hr for saw work
    GOODLORD!i thought the lad our way was dear at €45 ahour plus vat for sawing with adigger or tractor.but maybe thats competition for you or lack of it in blues area.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Yeah expensive alright, only get some of the hedges done every 20 yrs. There is usually enough good ash off a 10 acre field to keep the fire goin for the winter.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

€75/hr is strong, but the a good man on a saw will do a hell of a lot of work in an hour.

That said we paid €60/hr for a saw man, plus his buddy on a silage loader clearing after him.

Lord knows how those boys were making any money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

reilig wrote: »
    and able to trim the grass verges with it during the summer.

Is it legal to do that ? thought that is the council's job ? :eek:

polod wrote: »
    Is it legal to do that ? thought that is the council's job ? :eek:

Council my ar$e :rolleyes:

In leitrim if you let your verge overgrow and it leans out on to the road or blocks the site of traffic (such as on a turn), you will receive a lovely :mad: letter from the County Council demanding that you take action.

My OH is from Galway. The council trims the verges and the hedges along their land every year. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Have you done the sums on the costs per hour to run the show. Ive seen lads round here jump in, Undercut all round and then disappear in a few years owing a fortune because payments can't be met.
    I'd say cost it out well before deciding on a rate. Nothing worse than being a busy fool.

Advertisement