Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Playing?

Options
  • 23-08-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

A thread that allows you to simply post, in the form of a recommendation, what game you're concentrating the greatest amount of energy on when you see this post.

I'm currently playing the first SAW video game

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Snap .... almost ... I'm playing the 2nd Saw game. Quite liked it.

Also playing picked it up on the cheap a few weeks ago, it's not bad but anyone who has not seen the anime will be scratching their heads at the plot, and all the changing of sides :D

and in between all that I'm playing Borderlands GOTY ED

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

a bit late but just played about 30 hours of red dead, probably one of the best games i've ever played... getting towards the end i feel :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Putting most of my time into Enslaved Odyssey to the West at the moment. Absolute gem this game is. Not to be overlooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Playing Deus Ex so much to do in this game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

Coming late to the party with Borderlands. Strange FPS, My kind of game :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Coming late to the party with Borderlands. Strange FPS, My kind of game :)

Playing it too for the 2nd time, thoroughly enjoying it. HMV had the GOTY ed for €22 new there last week when I was in, which even if you have the main game already is still better value than buying all the dlc on the market place. Can be got on the hut for a little less but with a long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fishsticks

I'm playing homefront. Not the campaign though. Got it in Game for €25 new so i'm using it to pass the time until Battlefield 3 comes out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56hvLvk48mM

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

Playing F1 2010 at the moment. Haven't played a driving game in ages and I must say I'm enjoying it. My only issue is that people online think they're playing destruction derby!

calex71 wrote: »
    Playing it too for the 2nd time, thoroughly enjoying it. HMV had the GOTY ed for €22 new there last week when I was in, which even if you have the main game already is still better value than buying all the dlc on the market place. Can be got on the hut for a little less but with a long wait.

Ah the joys of living in a city. Freakin Gamestop, Xtravision and Argos for me! Goddamn Wexford.

fishsticks wrote: »
    I'm playing homefront. Not the campaign though. Got it in Game for €25 new so i'm using it to pass the time until Battlefield 3 comes out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56hvLvk48mM

Campaign finished rather quickly tbh, and the multiplayer kinda let me down. If only they had spent a little more time on the maps. They felt too big for most game modes. Feels more like warfare than Cod but a little less than Battlefield. Quality game overshadowed by CoD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Just a few hours left on Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow myself, I'm also putting an unhealthy amount of time into Super Street Fighter IV.
    A replay of Alice: Madness returns is next on my list...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

I'm so far behind with my games Im playing battlefield 2, got it for a tenner on ebay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

playing madden12, itsa good game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Fist of the north star game

I did not know there was a game out, watching the vid it kinda looks like the wolverine game, is it any use?

I am playing Resident Evil 5, i got all nostalgic thinking back to the first game on the ps1 so picked it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

GAAman wrote: »
    I did not know there was a game out, watching the vid it kinda looks like the wolverine game, is it any use?

I am playing Resident Evil 5, i got all nostalgic thinking back to the first game on the ps1 so picked it up.

I can't play scary games anymore thanks to resi evil on ps1, scared me for life!

finished red dead the other day, one of the best games i've played, loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 42 discodowney

djkeogh wrote: »
    Putting most of my time into Enslaved Odyssey to the West at the moment. Absolute gem this game is. Not to be overlooked.

To be fair you have to be a specific kind of gamer to like this. The gameplay is quite basic, but the digital performances are incredible and the story characters are amazing. If you like games as a medium for more than just gameplay you'll love this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Playing the Gears 2 campaign. A lot of fun with co-op :) Although i'd rather two "squarer" split-screen than ultra widescreen splitscreen, if that makes sense!

Fist of the north star game

You should checkout the remake of RE1 on gamecube it's much more intense

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

To be fair you have to be a specific kind of gamer to like this. The gameplay is quite basic, but the digital performances are incredible and the story characters are amazing. If you like games as a medium for more than just gameplay you'll love this

I thought Enslaved was a great game. Kind of a jack of all trades. It did many things well, but didn't really do any of them brilliantly. Certainly a fun game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Using the lull in new releases to catch up on my stack of older games to play. Currently it's Condemned 2 which is an extremely disappointing follow up to Criminal Origins which I really enjoyed.

Just finished the second DLC for Alan Wake which just has me wanting a proper sequel even more.

Also preparing myself psychologically for Demon's Souls next. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Got Deus Ex yesterday, REALLY wanted to call in sick to work today....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

-=al=- wrote: »
    I can't play scary games anymore thanks to resi evil on ps1, scared me for life!

Ah res evil 1 ranks as my all time fave game ever. That first zombie laying on the floor i will never forget it! And i will always shoot them twice in the head just to be sure thanks to that!
    justryan wrote: »

Ah i cant justify buying a gamecube just for that........... or can i? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Shall be purchasing Madden NFL 2012 after work so this will probably take up most of my weekend I'd imagine. Might try pick up Gears Of War 2 aswell before the third installment is released.

-=al=- wrote: »

Ah res evil 1 ranks as my all time fave game ever. That first zombie laying on the floor i will never forget it! And i will always shoot them twice in the head just to be sure thanks to that!
    justryan wrote: »

Ah i cant justify buying a gamecube just for that........... or can i? :pac:

Well if you've got a Wii you can *ahem* mod it to play GC games but thats a whole other thread/forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

That_Guy wrote: »
    Shall be purchasing Madden NFL 2012 after work so this will probably take up most of my weekend I'd imagine. Might try pick up Gears Of War 2 aswell before the third installment is released.
    what you make of it so far? ai seems to of been tweaked alot better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ditto here, it's a fantastic game but really nothing like Resident Evil as it was back then, it's a brainless action game for the most part, and stuff like ammunition is always in ample supply, taking away from the whole 'survival horror' aspect of the game. Still, a brilliant game. Finished the campaign on 360, bought the DLCs which are both also very good and well worth 400 msp (Lost in Nightmares in actually sort of old school Resident Evil, not much combat, and really creepy), and I even bought it again on the PC so I could play it in 3D...which rules, by the way, so I'm going to finish the campaign again!

Also playing Flashpoint: Red River, pretty darn good game, enjoying it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 xShanee

Waiting on Dead Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

what you make of it so far? ai seems to of been tweaked alot better

It's a lot better than last year that's for sure. Presentation is a lot better too. AI is much improved. Definitely offers more of a challenge that's for sure. Felt last years game was too easy even on the hardest difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

I got LA Noire on release day and only took it out of the plastic last week, i got to the third 3 and haven't played it since its a bit repetitive!

Good game tho!

It was Bio Shock 2 before that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

calex whats that fist of north star like?

Advertisement