Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would your last dessert be?

Options
  • 23-08-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Ok if this was the last time you could ever have dessert(possibly before the apolcalypse,a worldwide sugar shortage/contamination or even a strict diet like atkins) what would you make it be?

I'd make mine a tub of benny and jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream!Let's hope none of the above situations ever happen :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Banoffi Pie......and now I'm hungry again:(

DC:)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭SugarCoat

Decoda wrote: »
    Banoffi Pie......and now I'm hungry again:(

DC:)

Whoops i suppose it was a bad idea asking this at night.If it helps having meals as strews,soups and casseroles is more filling then if you were to eat them dry because in liquid form they take longer to digest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

I would face a firing squad for

Tesco "Finest" Belgian Chocolate Mousse (no longer stocked in DunLaoghaire store, at least :confused:)

or Green&Black's Chocolate Ice Cream (appeared once or twice in Supervalu and Tesco, then never again :mad:)

or Thornton's Chocolate Ice Cream (brief :( appearance in Tesco)

if I could find them again!

Help me people! :eek:

Ben and Jerry's is half price in tesco this week(€2.69) if it's any consolation.i've also seen a thornton's triple pack in dunnes a few weeks ago.Plus I'm sure you can get mousse or pudding of some sort at marks and spencer.

SugarCoat wrote: »
    Ben and Jerry's is half price in tesco this week(€2.69) if it's any consolation.

'fraid not - I have an obsession for simple chocolate ice cream of the most cocoa-ful type

• Advertisement

'fraid not - I have an obsession for simple chocolate ice cream of the most cocoa-ful type
    what about after eight ice cream?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

warm chocolate brownie from eddie rockets with vanilla ice-cream... *drool*

what about after eight ice cream?

Mint and ice cream? The horror. The horror :P:pac:

Mint and ice cream? The horror. The horror :P:pac:
    But mint choc chip is my favourite non-premium ice cream.I can see where you're coming from though,if it's too minty it tastes like colgate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

A warm chocolate brownie that's packed with dark and white chocolate chunks, drizzled with warm chocolate sauce, served with chocolate ice cream. And possibly several other chocolate accompaniments as well, perhaps of the mousse-y, ganache-y type. Basically as much chocolate as I could get onto a plate (or, more likely, a bowl!).

• Advertisement

Amazing how many of us mentioned brownies,but i guess the soft sponge and gooey chocolate topping explain why.I think i'd also add white tobelerone pieces since white chocolate can be so hard to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭sallydan

white chocolate and raspberrry cheesecake with a base that goes up the side!! yum!

I'm adding a gigantic can of spinkles since i can't fit any more food into the bowl.

Amazing how many of us mentioned brownies,but i guess the soft sponge and gooey chocolate topping explain why.I think i'd also add white tobelerone pieces since white chocolate can be so hard to find.

You're describing a cake, not a brownie! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Maltesers Cheesecake.....

Be all and end all of deserts......

;)

You're describing a cake, not a brownie! :p
    Ok i think you're right.I think it's because i'm more used to eating cake and muffins which are more spongy.

"The lack of leavening, and minimal amount of flour, results in a dense, chewy bar"
    http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474976762721

I guess i need to do some research and compare eating both.
    Maltesers Cheesecake.....

Be all and end all of deserts......
    did you make it yourself or buy it?

did you make it yourself or buy it?

Well, I did neither, lol, but you should check this thread out: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055847706&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

I'd have panacotta. For sure :pac:

*drools a small puddle*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

ben and jerrys vanilla ice cream mm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Chocolate cake (the one my dads gf makes) with chocolate ice cream and cinnamon ice cream, yum!!!

• Advertisement

owenc wrote: »
    ben and jerrys vanilla ice cream mm..
    Ah, come on, you can do better than that. That's just far too boring for your last dessert!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Pavlova!

Amazing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

Chocolate fudge cake :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Pavlova, with strawberries and raspberries and blackberries. Or maybe rhubarb crumble with custard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Oreo cream pie which is unavailable this side of the Atlantic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Definitely Pavlova:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

A Lemon Meringue pie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Tiramisu. Tiramisu. Tiramisu. Tiramisu
    I dream of the stuff.
    But it varies so much it's hard to be completely satisfied

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Dozen Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Cool whip i'm sorry but i'm obessed with that stuff or else that ice cream with the cow on it i forget the name.

Advertisement