Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

team mates competing

• 23-08-2011 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

do guys from the same club compete against each other in bjj competitions?
    just to take for example the upcoming irish open or glapplepolooza, it two guys from the same club are in the semi's or final do they compete against each other?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭crosdad

Yes they compete against eachother sometimes. Obviously people would prefer to not have to do this, but because the pool of competitors in this country is so small( especially in the higher divisions) it happens quite often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Generally yes, as the organisers generally sort the divisions so that team mates meet as late as possible in the bracket.

Some people won't compete against a team mate but that's disgraceful, IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Say for example there was only 2 in the division, both my guys, I would leave it up to them as whether to compete or go see if they could move up a division, my preference being for the move-up. If they couldn't, and they didn't want to do that I would understand completely.

But if they'd both fought to a final or semi I'd expect them to compete as best they could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

I know Im not gonna give a team mate a free pass. If anything I have more fun competing against a team mate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I know Im not gonna give a team mate a free pass. If anything I have more fun competing against a team mate :D

I'm the same with Judo, I don't care who I compete against, its a fight and we can be team mates again in five minutes.

I seen a guy give two team mates a pass to get an easy Judo grading recently, I went ballistic over it. Lost all respect for all three and have since ceased training in the club, that crap really sticks in my throat.

OP if fighting a team mate is something your worried about all I can say is be cool about it.

I've never seen hard feelings between team mates after a win or loss once the fight has been clean.

• Advertisement
Advertisement