Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JEB Teacher's Diploma - recommended course / college

• 23-08-2011 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi There
    I'm thinking of doing one of the JEB part-time courses. I'm a bit confused as to which one though as different colleges seem to offer different levels, the courses vary between Level 3 on the NFQ (in DBS) to Level 6 (in Colaiste Dhulaigh).
    Obviously a level 6 must be better than a level 3, but in reality does it make much difference as to which certification you have or is it enough just to have a JEB?
    Do any colleges have better reputation for this course than others?

Any help much appreciated
    NG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ProjectO

Hi... this can be confusing! One of the the most important things about qualifications is how widely / officially they are recognised. When in doubt, ask the college / provider.

The EDI Teachers' Diploma is at level 3 in the UK framework (NQF or QCF - don't worry levels are the same for both). This particular qualification has been 'officially recognised' by the Irish NFQ at NFQ level 5 so it is officially recognised by the Irish qualifications system.

I suspect that Colaiste Dhulaigh might have made an error about level but it is worth checking if it is the same qualification....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ZoeDee

Hi Guys and Gals
    I'm in the same board as Niamh want to do the jeb but its available ihn lots of places in Dublin can anyone reccommend a particular school/college?
    Merci
    Dee

Advertisement