Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i?

Options
  • 23-08-2011 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Started a WPP 5 months ago, and I really want to leave now due to health problems. I know I have to give 1 weeks notice but I really dont have the confidence/guts to do it! I feel I have wasted their time and I have never quit before at anything! Im also scared il loose my Disabilty Allowance!! Really dont know what to do!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

clueless4 wrote: »
    Started a WPP 5 months ago, and I really want to leave now due to health problems. I know I have to give 1 weeks notice but I really dont have the confidence/guts to do it! I feel I have wasted their time and I have never quit before at anything! Im also scared il loose my Disabilty Allowance!! Really dont know what to do!!

What health problems. Can you not take a day off? That's what most people who work do.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Im waiting on a knee and hip replacement also, so taking 1 day off for a rest really dosent suffice.

Im in pain alday everyday and any painkillers i take make me groggy so going into work half asleep really isnt good....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Provided your doctor is advising you to stop work, I don't see why you need to give them any notice at all! It's not like they're paying you ....

I'd be pretty sure that it won't affect your Disability Allowance: you're sick, not skivving. To be sure, you might like to ask over in state Benefits though.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

JustMary wrote: »
    Provided your doctor is advising you to stop work, I don't see why you need to give them any notice at all! It's not like they're paying you ....

I'd be pretty sure that it won't affect your Disability Allowance: you're sick, not skivving. To be sure, you might like to ask over in state Benefits though.

Thanks JustMary

Advertisement