Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone tell me what the hell this is...

Options
  • 23-08-2011 10:28pm

Hi..

So I was doing the dishes tonight and looked in the garden. I thought to myself... some ass**** has thrown scrambled egg into my garden - but on closer inspection it appears to be something fungal or weirder...

Anyway - I've attached pics, my current inclination is to bleach the patch into next week. The only thing I do to the grass out back is cut it - nothing has ever gone on treatment wise so dont know where this has come from...

Anyone able to wise me up!

http://imgur.com/a/YYgLr

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

It definitely looks like some form of fungus. Its almost impossible to know what type or what caused it without testing it.

Its more than likely natural and probably a result of the warm and wet weather the last few weeks. I's say lash a few buckets of water over it and break it up with a yard brush. No point in bleaching your lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Advertisement