Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light recommendations

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I should take a video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Meet in the park and have a "light off" ...:D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey folks, I've read this thread and just thought I'd post to see if anything has changed in the last few years?

Been doing a bit of research and I see the Electron 9 recommended here for a front light, but it doesn't seem to be available on amazon anymore at all.

For a rear light, I'm leaning towards the Smart R2 (non usb version as it has more flash options and the built in battery on the USB version doesn't sound reliable from some reviews). Non usb one here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00452O6LI/ - The only concern on this is the level of water resistance it has. It sounds like it's ok for most, but there's been a few mentions of it in what I've read.

I'd also be interested in those reelights but the concerns here about the height etc have put me off. I saw a post saying they had made changes, but are the changes enough?

I'm thinking a Smart R2 and a reelight set if they are reliable, long lasting, waterproof and will be able to just stay on the bike the whole time without never needing to worry about not being lit up when cycling? Having a look at the site though, it's a little weird that the product photos appear to be all 3d renders and not actual item photos. There's also so many options which makes it even more confusing. I just want a front and back light that I'll be seen with!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You've started your own thread. There's a very comprehensive one linked from the FAQs and others more recent. No point in bumping a thread that's seen no activity in nearly 5 years as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement