Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire threads

Options
  • 18-08-2011 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

Just heard from someone that there is a big fire down in MacDonagh Junction. H&M, HMV, TK Maxx and River Island are all gone according to what I've heard. Does anyone know anything about this. Is it true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Just heard from someone that there is a big fire down in MacDonagh Junction. H&M, HMV, TK Maxx and River Island are all gone according to what I've heard. Does anyone know anything about this. Is it true?

Haven't heard anything, hope everyone is ok if true, and also, maybe more importantly, I hope Dunnes is OK.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Can't see anything or hear fire engines from my house, so can't confirm. I thought if it was a really big fire, I'd see a glow in sky also no mention on rte.ie.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Awful news, hopefully not true!!

That's pretty much the whole place in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I think there's an artisan farmers market in there too.

Chez Bernard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Looks like it was just a silly FB rumour. I had to go out to Topaz so drove around for a look and all is quiet there. There were a couple of guards in Topaz and asked them but they knew nothing and said that if it had happened they would have been briefed.

Relieved. That would have been a huge blow for the town. Sorry to get you all worried.

Looks like it was just a silly FB rumour. I had to go out to Topaz so drove around for a look and all is quiet there. There were a couple of guards in Topaz and asked them but they knew nothing and said that if it had happened they would have been briefed.

Relieved. That would have been a huge blow for the town. Sorry to get you all worried.

THank god. I'm delighted to hear that, would have been a huge blow, hundreds of people out of work. Long live MacDonagh!!!

Presumably Macdonagh is still standing? Can somebody please confirm? ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Yes. Was in there today at lunchtime...

Licksy wrote: »
    Yes. Was in there today at lunchtime...

Thank god!! What a stupid rumour to start :rolleyes:
    It's come into it's own of late and now with H&M opening it will be better...pity the car park is such a rob though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Did Ladbrokes go on fire yesterday on the Parade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I've burnt my wallet a few times in Empty Pockets at MDJ.

Yeah, car park machine has made fire come out my ears alright... stay in for a lunch with coffee and a wee browse of TK Maxx and that'll be €4.50 please and thanks because you parked for 2hrs 03mins and didn't go to Dunnes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Phew! I wouldn't like to see that end of the shopping center go up in flames!! My cousin works in HMV as well. Only park in there when I'm doing my food shopping in Dunnes.

Licksy wrote: »
    Yeah, car park machine has made fire come out my ears alright... stay in for a lunch with coffee and a wee browse of TK Maxx and that'll be €4.50 please and thanks because you parked for 2hrs 03mins and didn't go to Dunnes

Park at the Polski Sklep. That's what I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

fabbydabby wrote: »

Don't they know? I've seen a sign up saying you can't park their and if you do you can be prosecuted!

Meh, signs say a lot of things.

*Edit* I have also parked in that car park directly opposite John's Church for a couple of hours without retribution on several occasions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Hate driving in Kilkenny, it takes sooooooo long to do anything, the bicycle only way forward. I wish they had the bicycle place a bit closer to the centre where people could some scummer trying to knick it. As for signs: paper never refused ink.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I've seen cars clamped there. watch out.

Plug wrote: »
    I've seen cars clamped there. watch out.
    Me too. I thinks that's why he was suggesting it. :)

• Advertisement

No I was actually being sincere. I've never seen a car clamped there, though I'll watch my back now.

They are selling clamps up in Aldi at the moment, I must pick one up. Handy for parking in those places to have your own removable clamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

No I was actually being sincere. I've never seen a car clamped there, though I'll watch my back now.

They are selling clamps up in Aldi at the moment, I must pick one up. Handy for parking in those places to have your own removable clamp.

you'll need 4 unless it's a Reliant or simillar :-)

I've seen a car clamped there when there was a match on at Nowlan Park (and also seen said clamp being subjected to violence in order to (try and?) remove it).

I just use this instead...
    IMG_6439.jpg?t=1298279961

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just got news there that there is a fire going on in the River Court

Everyone is outside the hotel while the fire is been but out i have been told

I have be told that the fire begin in a press ?

Another rumour probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

In a week McDonagh Junction, Ladbrokes and The River Court have been on fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mousehouse

Well I drove past there about 5 minutes ago and there was nothing going on...

I heard this early on. Its probably another rumour though...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

ft9 wrote: »
    In a week McDonagh Junction, Ladbrokes and The River Court have been on fire

There actually was a fire in ladbrokes. Some new machine they had installed the previous day went up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Came home early to day and there was a fire in my house. It was started in the sitting room and it's still burning. I didn't bother ringing the fire brigade because it was in the fireplace and it was warming up the room and the hot water.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement