Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rose of Tralee

Options
  • 23-08-2011 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

I have just heard that Kerry County Council (aka I assume the taxpayer) is the main sponsor of the Rose of Tralee. I wonder how much they put in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 irishjoey

wot a fix, 8/15 in paddy powers before the contest even started on tv.Judges know the winner before they even go on stage, bet they have a nice few quid on in the bookies plus u can be sure they give the heads up to their families.Contest is over as a spectacle now, if u want to know the winner just pop into paddy powers before it starts, u wont have to sit thru the bore to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

scholar007 wrote: »
    I have just heard that Kerry County Council (aka I assume the taxpayer) is the main sponsor of the Rose of Tralee. I wonder how much they put in.
    I would like to see how much was spent too, and where it came from. Although i'm sure there are benefits too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Beamer06

Did the Limerick Rose qualify for this years final?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Seems odd that a public body is sponsoring it. I thought the whole purpose of sponsorship was brand awareness and to generate commercial revenue. How would the council generate revenue this way? and being the sole provider of council services, residents of kerry have no choice but to be aware of Kerry Co Co? I'm confused alright :confused:

I don't like the idea of taxpayers or rate payers funding sponsorship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

As far as I'm aware Portlaoise town council are major are major sponsors of the regional finals since its been held there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

the lovely girls competition. que heavy breathing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Who is at 8/15? paddypower.com have
    Leitrim Rose
    as the favourite at 9/2. Link paddypower.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

dmeehan wrote: »
    Who is at 8/15? paddypower.com have
    Leitrim Rose
    as the favourite at 9/2. Link paddypower.com

The post you replied to is 2 years old ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Lelantos wrote: »
    The post you replied to is 2 years old ;)

:p wonder if anyone went in & backed her in the last few days LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    :p wonder if anyone went in & backed her in the last few days LOL

I kinda hoped Mr Meehan did before he read the replies :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement