Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,196 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

no bet stands out at me tomorrow

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sheffield United and St Pats -2 @ 3/1

Seems like I missed quite a bit today namely with that UCD game. One day I'll get on one of those bets, one day.

Thankfully the above came in, and now tomorrow I can get me a new shiny driver #hooray :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

if theres anything even remotely interesting it will be in either

spain- http://www.soccerway.com/national/spain/segunda-division/2011-2012/regular-season/

or serie b- http://www.soccerway.com/national/italy/serie-b/2011-2012/regular-season/

not much on tomoz

• Registered Users Posts: 54,196 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Seems like I missed quite a bit today namely with that UCD game. One day I'll get on one of those bets, one day.

Thankfully the above came in, and now tomorrow I can get me a new shiny driver #hooray :pac:

lazy fecker, drive yourself :p

Headshot wrote: »
    lazy fecker, drive yourself :p

lols:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Numancia seem only half decent bet tomorrow..think stay away though

been good weekend so might leave it at that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

For anyone interested

England to beat Bulgaria & Ireland to beat Slovakia
    (KO's 7:15pm & 7:45pm)

Call 08000 565 265 (UK) or 1800 721 821(IRL)
    & quote " Potty Prices "

Fancy England big time, not convinced about Ireland at all. Lumping on the Total England goals over 1.5 at 5/6 Boylesports

And accum no 1 which i posted earlier...

Bulgaria/ England
    Lux/ Romania :mad:
    Malta/ Croatia
    Carlisle/ MK Dons
    AFC/ Wimbledon

All over 2.5 goals. €50 on paying €990

Accum no 2

England -1
    Monaghan Ladies -3 points
    Hungary/ Sweden over 2.5

€25 paying €220:D

Thats me for the weekend unless i get a winner from these, good luck all

Nice profitable weekend

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Some amount of ****e on today bar one match in particular.

______

Might chance Pescara in Seria B tomorrow, yeah I know :D
    Started the season well, currently in 2nd after winning their two opening games.
    Scored a handful of goals in total so far but have only won by a single goal both times.

Team they are up against is Modena who are at the other end of the spectrum who are in the relegation places having lost both their opening games. Conceding 5 and only scoring the 1 goal.

Pescara are 2/1 for the away win. One to tread with caution as ever with this league. Gonna have a small bet on this one myself.

_____

Another game later on in the day that interest me is in Uruguay, features everyone's favourite team Liverpool Motevideo. In short, the team they are up against are certain for relegation going from what I've read. 3 losses on the bounce, no win in their last 10 matches and the last 4 have all notched up losses. They simply don't score many and cannot defend for ****.

Liverpool are fairly inconsistent but should have enough to beat this lot... surely.

Liverpool are 4/5 for the home win. Will probably have a decent size bet on this one, might even double it up with overs in the
    Mexico v Chile game <
    which from a football/non-betting POV is a game I very much look forward too. Hopefully both will field near if not full strength teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Still a bit sick after that UCD game.

Lessons learned I suppose. COVER YOUR BETS or if you have the option lock-in.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

ahh man i feel sick for you too:o

how much did you potentially hav?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

evosteo wrote: »
    ahh man i feel sick for you too:o

how much did you potentially hav?
    I had a few quid on the HT/FT bet as you tipped, which would've been around 150 I think, then a couple of Drogheda win bets which would've came to ~600.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I learned 2 things today when match fix rumours go around back over 2.5 goals.

Also have more than 1 account at the ready with laser card registered incase PP :mad: or others suspend betting in running.

I have a betfair account but they would'nt let me deposit from my laser card because l took it off the account before and they wont add the same laser card again :confused::confused:.

thanks for the info evosteo had a great run for my money.
    had a tenner on h-t f-t at 25/1 then a tenner at 15/2 and another tenner at 9/1.

sick l came away with nothing tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Going for draw/philadelphia union just for entertainment 9/1

Think I'll follow you on that "Pool" match later Loco,Looks a decent bet.

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I learned 2 things today when match fix rumours go around back over 2.5 goals.

Also have more than 1 account at the ready with laser card registered incase PP :mad: or others suspend betting in running.

I have a betfair account but they would'nt let me deposit from my laser card because l took it off the account before and they wont add the same laser card again :confused::confused:.

thanks for the info evosteo had a great run for my money.
    had a tenner on h-t f-t at 25/1 then a tenner at 15/2 and another tenner at 9/1.

sick l came away with nothing tho.

it was desperatley unlucky today,

two things to be learned today i reckon

1- have more than one betting account set up, even if you dont intend on using it, jus have it available, trying to register in the middle of play is of no use as its usually long and drawn out,

2- if the bet is looking likely its gonna come in, try cover it by betting (hopefuly at decend odds) on the other two outcomes, 2nd team and draw,

that way then you should have some sort of profit to show,

always depends on the odds though and i personally find betfair excellent

im definately sure there will be more opportunities in the future,

how many have we had in the past 2 weeks:eek:

ill be keeping tabs on my northern friend too:P

off to sleep now, up for match at 9 in the morn,

looking forward to it like a hole in the head

nigh all;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Chickened out of backing Colombia against Honduras after looking at the results of their previous games against each other, Really regretting it now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

Some amount of ****e on today bar one match in particular.

______

Might chance Pescara in Seria B tomorrow, yeah I know :D
    Started the season well, currently in 2nd after winning their two opening games.
    Scored a handful of goals in total so far but have only won by a single goal both times.

Team they are up against is Modena who are at the other end of the spectrum who are in the relegation places having lost both their opening games. Conceding 5 and only scoring the 1 goal.

Pescara are 2/1 for the away win. One to tread with caution as ever with this league. Gonna have a small bet on this one myself.

_____

Another game later on in the day that interest me is in Uruguay, features everyone's favourite team Liverpool Motevideo. In short, the team they are up against are certain for relegation going from what I've read. 3 losses on the bounce, no win in their last 10 matches and the last 4 have all notched up losses. They simply don't score many and cannot defend for ****.

Liverpool are fairly inconsistent but should have enough to beat this lot... surely.

Liverpool are 4/5 for the home win. Will probably have a decent size bet on this one, might even double it up with overs in the
    Mexico v Chile game <
    which from a football/non-betting POV is a game I very much look forward too. Hopefully both will field near if not full strength teams.

Following you with the double :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Mexico v Chile game <

Overs for Mexico - Chile @almost evens looks tempting indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

inforfun wrote: »
    Overs for Mexico - Chile @almost evens looks tempting indeed.

I got it at evens last night,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Something for the mid-week:

Macedonia - Andorra

A few years ago, Andorra beat Macedonia (their first ever win!) in Andorra and got a 0-0 draw in Macedonia. Andorra seems to be Macedonia's bogey team...or those games were fixed.

I think a small bet on a draw in that game or a tiny one on an Andorran win (or maybe draw at half-time) could be worth trying considering the high odds.

• Advertisement

3 small bets for today:

Neath - Airbus UK : Neath
    Modena - Pescara : Modena
    (Pescara won their 1st 2 games and Modena lost their 1st 2 games...and yet the odds are 2.ish - 3.ish - 3.ish, I'm not falling for that trap again, one thing I've noticed is, when you think a team will most certainly win a game and yet the odd for a win is pretty high, that team usually loses (e.g. Montenegro vs Wales, Derby County recently...):pac:

Ascoli - Vicenza : draw

Crotone - Juve Stabia : draw

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

I'd be wary of Mexico Chile over 2.5 goals. In their last six games, only 30% of mexio's games have been overs while 29% of Chiles games have been overs.

Mexico last 6 games

02/09/2011 Int. Friendly Games Poland vs. Mexico D - 1:1 11/08/2011 Int. Friendly Games USA vs. Mexico D - 1:1 13/07/2011 Copa America, Group C Uruguay vs. Mexico L - 1:0 09/07/2011 Copa America, Group C Peru vs. Mexico L - 1:0 05/07/2011 Copa America, Group C Chile vs. Mexico L - 2:1 26/06/2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup, Final Round USA vs. Mexico W - 2:4

Chile last 6 games

02/09/2011 Int. Friendly Games Spain vs. Chile L - 3:2 10/08/2011 Int. Friendly Games France vs. Chile D - 1:1 18/07/2011 Copa America, Final Round Chile vs. Venezuela L - 1:2 13/07/2011 Copa America, Group C Chile vs. Peru W - 1:0 09/07/2011 Copa America, Group C Uruguay vs. Chile D - 1:1 05/07/2011 Copa America, Group C Chile vs. Mexico W - 2:1

Under 2.5 @ 17/20 nearly looks better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

nice bit of info

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

pp shudnt be allowed 2 suspend games like that-20mins to go at 2-4. fukin horrible sum didnt get chance to lay it off. i stood to gain hundreds but ended up wit s**t. not impressed with pp. although i shudnt be shocked anymore- the stuff they pulled in past!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Berwick v Livingston
    Livingston -1 6/5

Livingston are 4th in division 1, Berwick 6th in division 3. Livingston have been scoring lots of goals in this cup i feel they will cover the handicap.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

fat tony9 wrote: »
    pp shudnt be allowed 2 suspend games like that-20mins to go at 2-4. fukin horrible sum didnt get chance to lay it off. i stood to gain hundreds but ended up wit s**t. not impressed with pp. although i shudnt be shocked anymore- the stuff they pulled in past!:mad:

They are laughing their asses off for sure now because it probably cost other bookies quite a bit of money.
    I did the UCD or draw on bet365 after i had made the HT/FT bet on PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

cup of tea wrote: »
    I'd be wary of Mexico Chile over 2.5 goals. In their last six games, only 30% of mexio's games have been overs while 29% of Chiles games have been overs.

Mexico last 6 games

02/09/2011 Int. Friendly Games Poland vs. Mexico D - 1:1 11/08/2011 Int. Friendly Games USA vs. Mexico D - 1:1 13/07/2011 Copa America, Group C Uruguay vs. Mexico L - 1:0 09/07/2011 Copa America, Group C Peru vs. Mexico L - 1:0 05/07/2011 Copa America, Group C Chile vs. Mexico L - 2:1 26/06/2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup, Final Round USA vs. Mexico W - 2:4

Chile last 6 games

02/09/2011 Int. Friendly Games Spain vs. Chile L - 3:2 10/08/2011 Int. Friendly Games France vs. Chile D - 1:1 18/07/2011 Copa America, Final Round Chile vs. Venezuela L - 1:2 13/07/2011 Copa America, Group C Chile vs. Peru W - 1:0 09/07/2011 Copa America, Group C Uruguay vs. Chile D - 1:1 05/07/2011 Copa America, Group C Chile vs. Mexico W - 2:1

Under 2.5 @ 17/20 nearly looks better value.

Those stats are skewed a little as the team Mexico had playing in Copa America was basically an under 23 side.Mexico's Gold Cup results are a better indicator, in which 5 of 6 matches went over 2.5.
    If Hernandez, Dos Santos et al start for Mexico, then chance of goals is far higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.83
    Over/Under 2.5 Goals
    Gremio v Atletico Paranaense

Gremios last 3 home games have gone over.

Flamengo @ 1.40
    Win-Draw-Win
    Flamengo v Bahia Salvador BA

Corinthians @ 3.40
    Win-Draw-Win
    Coritiba v Corinthians

Corinthians going well enough so far, Coritiba stuggling.

@8.78

3 small bets for today:

Neath - Airbus UK : Neath
    Modena - Pescara : Modena
    (Pescara won their 1st 2 games and Modena lost their 1st 2 games...and yet the odds are 2.ish - 3.ish - 3.ish, I'm not falling for that trap again, one thing I've noticed is, when you think a team will most certainly win a game and yet the odd for a win is pretty high, that team usually loses (e.g. Montenegro vs Wales, Derby County recently...):pac:

Ascoli - Vicenza : draw

Crotone - Juve Stabia : draw

Yes!! All three picks won!:cool: (Neath are winning 3-0 with 20 min to go)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Samich wrote: »
    Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.83
    Over/Under 2.5 Goals
    Gremio v Atletico Paranaense

Gremios last 3 home games have gone over.

Flamengo @ 1.40
    Win-Draw-Win
    Flamengo v Bahia Salvador BA

Corinthians @ 3.40
    Win-Draw-Win
    Coritiba v Corinthians

Corinthians going well enough so far, Coritiba stuggling.

@8.78

The first 2 bets look good, a bit unsure of the corinthians game tho :rolleyes:

Pescara were winning 2-1 but modena won it in the 90th minute!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement