Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ade will Ronaldinho be starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Paddys Power Play,England u21,Charlton and Brazil all to win at 5/2.

The Powerplays have been good to me recently,might chance this onr too

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Headshot wrote: »
    ade will Ronaldinho be starting?

Brazil's line up is up pretty late. There is talk of him starting though, playing just behind Neymar and whoever partners him.

On a personal note, hope he does. Few times I've watched Flamengo and he's looked good. Really enjoying his football again.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Brazil's line up is up pretty late. There is talk of him starting though, playing just behind Neymar and whoever partners him.

On a personal note, hope he does. Few times I've watched Flamengo and he's looked good. Really enjoying his football again.

If he starts ill do an insurebet on him

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Paddys Power Play,England u21,Charlton and Brazil all to win at 5/2.

The Powerplays have been good to me recently,might chance this onr too

Ya I am going to chance this aswell, england and brazil should easily win if they put out a strong side.
    I was a bit concerned about the Charlton game but Shefield Wed have an awful away record so the powerplay seems a good price to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Over 2 in the 1st half looks very tasty, alot better value than spain to score 2 or more in the 1st

How are you working out your value?

You need 3 goals for over 2 in 1st to win but get stake refunded if only 2 go in. Most likely if any 1st half goals are scored they will be by Spain so 2 or more @ 4/6 is decent IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yardie wrote: »
    How are you working out your value?

You need 3 goals for over 2 in 1st to win but get stake refunded if only 2 go in. Most likely if any 1st half goals are scored they will be by Spain so 2 or more @ 4/6 is decent IMO.

Yeah for some reason i was thinking over 2 for Spain, even thou thats not what i typed!

I had a very hard night on the sauce after the game yesterday! heads not right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Yeah for some reason i was thinking over 2 for Spain, even thou thats not what i typed!

I had a very hard night on the sauce after the game yesterday! heads not right

Ah no worries man..Hope you were enjoying your big win from Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

If he had stayed at his peak for longer it wouldn't just be "Messi v Ronaldo".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I'm going to go England -2, Spain -3 and Scotland in a under 21 accumulator tonight.

Also have Brazil backed big which I'm having doubts about now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Just seen I still have a double in running from the wkend... Mk dons match overs @ 4/6 and BWP anytime scorer @ 10/11.. So a bit of interest in tonights League 1 game then:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Following Yardie spot in Spain match.. Spain two or more first half goals @4/6 and Scotland u21 @8/15 for me tonight.

Debating weather too have a wee go at UCD interesting read @ http://starbets.ie/soccer/my-cup-runneth-rover-05092011/ any other thoughts on this?

user2011 wrote: »
    Following Yardie spot in Spain match.. Spain two or more first half goals @4/6 and Scotland u21 @8/15 for me tonight.

Debating weather too have a wee go at UCD interesting read @ http://starbets.ie/soccer/my-cup-runneth-rover-05092011/ any other thoughts on this?

Thinking about staying away from that game altogether, UCD just played Saturday and have another 2 games after this in the next few days, and as you pointed out this is shams lowest priority, definitely wait till the line ups are announced

hard to call for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Rovers HT/UCD FT ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Was gonna go England 21s - 2, Spain 21s -3 and Charlton which gives 10-1.

Looking at the Sheff Wed forums though they seem confident of at least a point. One of their strikers Lowe I think on fire, so gonna give that a miss and look around for something else.

Dont really like doing lower league anyway so unpredictable.

Just seen on PP that Brazil are 11/10 -1,with Gyan been out for Ghana this seems good value to me if the Samba boys put out a strong team

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

I'm giving Powerplay a miss,seems tricky.
    Im getting Brazil 2/5 on PP!
    Once the teams news is out on the spain game i will back spain fairly big and spain scoring 2 or more in the 1st half seems very good. Where can i see the team news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Thinking about staying away from that game altogether, UCD just played Saturday and have another 2 games after this in the next few days, and as you pointed out this is shams lowest priority, definitely wait till the line ups are announced

hard to call for sure

The only thing i know about any of the teams is that Rovers could stick out two teams that could compete in the league this is the only thing bothering me.
    I dont mind UCD next few games and i dont think they do either cause they wouldnt of fought back from two down to get the replay. They are more or less safe for another season in league so they can actually really give the cup a good go?

Its only one team that gets relegated? (Galway)

Just seen on PP that Brazil are 11/10 -1,with Gyan been out for Ghana this seems good value to me if the Samba boys put out a strong team

Mensah and Essien out as well apparently. Brazil supposed to be up for it because of their dismal Copa America.

Not great value at 2/5 but 11/10 -1 seems okay value but I would be nervous.

Over 3.5 2-1
    Over 2.5 8/11

In the Brazil game. Not sure which the 3.5@2-1 is so tempting....:(

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Headshot wrote: »
    If he starts ill do an insurebet on him

I'll do the same depending on line up. Hopefully he'll be on free kick and penalty duty.

Gonna stick a fiver down on Rovers HT/UCD FT as well :D 55/1 with PP.

Did Spain u21's -3 earlier
    Think Il do the Brazil -1 at 11/10
    Powerplay at 5/2

Gonna pull the trigger on these now coz chances are Il keep changing my mind otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I'm gonna have a little flutter on Brazil,Even though its against better judgement after that dire Copa.

The only reason I'm going near them is Ronaldinho.Hes been gettin lots of praise for his performances lately.

So I'm actually going for a Ronaldinho wincast even though I'm not aware of the line-up.Whats swayed me onto this is that on pp hes 15/8 yet on Bet365 its a massive 6/1 in comparison.

Might check around some more but thats ridiculous value if he starts tonight.

Edit:never mind,its score first!duh!

bradlente wrote: »
    I'm gonna have a little flutter on Brazil,Even though its against better judgement after that dire Copa.

The only reason I'm going near them is Ronaldinho.Hes been gettin lots of praise for his performances lately.

So I'm actually going for a Ronaldinho wincast even though I'm not aware of the line-up.Whats swayed me onto this is that on pp hes 15/8 yet on Bet365 its a massive 6/1 in comparison.

Might check around some more but thats ridiculous value if he starts tonight.

its anytime on PP, but 1st scorer on 365

Anyone any thoughts on over/unders in Brazil - Ghana and England - Israel u21s?

Dont know much about the Brazil/Ghana defences I hear Mensah is missing for Ghana and Brazil defence is leaky.

England are at home in the other game, no nothing on Israel but England were impressive the other night.

double post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Ah well,He better ****in start now!

Gone for treble:

Brazil - Ghana Over 2.5 goals

England -2 vs Israel u21 game

Spain -3 vs Georgia u21 game

Either way will be last for a while, either I get tided over for a while or lack of funds rule me out for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Anybody ever do the double chances?? Ireland are evens to draw or win tommorow. I know they were poor the other night but they seem to play better away from home and when they really need a result. I cant see them losing to be honest. Theyl be really up for this one ala Paris.
    Russia havent been great and Slovakia already beat them there. Decent bet imo!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Did this:

1 Uniao Leiria or Draw Uniao Leiria v FC Porto
    (Double Chance) 06/09/2011 None 3.50 To Run
    2 Charlton Charlton v Sheff Wed
    (Full Time Result) 05/09/2011 None 1.83 To Run
    3 Avellino Avellino v Foligno
    (Full Time Result) 05/09/2011 None 1.90 To Run

@12.24

Dont fancy Porto to win tonight with Hulk not there.

Then again, only the hunches i have and dont post here pay out:

betam.jpg

Saved my day yesterday, that one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement