Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Fiver on Rovers HT/UCD FT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Singles on Bradley Wright Phillips Insurebet @ 13/5
    Ronaldinho INsure bet@ 10/3
    And Spain -2 1st Half handicap @ 5/2

Also small treble of the 3 at 54/1:D

Also 20 on double of Spain 2 or more 1st half and Charlton over 1.5 goals €20 returns €70

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

clearodara wrote: »
    Good idea with the seperate thread for live betting. Would it be acceptable to post "hot" tips from live betting in this thread though as I don't do much live betting myself and rarely check the thread, like sometimes if someone spots a value bet like the Crystal Palace tip that time or if there are goals going in early in a game and someone thinks its possible for overs at good value? No disrespect or badness intended, just my two cents

I understand that. Tips like the one you just mentioned will hopefully be posted in both threads. I have no problem with that.

But for the most part, most in play bets are nothing out of the ordinary and lately this thread has really been more in play discussion, ranting about some team who let them down and a few off topic posts here and there. Myself and Pyro have thought the thread has been a mess for a long time now actually but after the sudden increase in traffic over the last month, changes were needed and changes were made. We both agreed with this. It had become difficult to spot a decent tip/bet in this thread at times.

Following two threads isn't difficult IMO, and while people might not like it at present all I can for is people to give it a chance. I follow and am subbed to both threads. If there is a majority of people who do not like this change then I'll reconsider it along with Pyro. I'll be putting up a poll at the end of this month anyway and gauge opinion then.

If you or anyone else have any other questions, I'd just ask to PM me as I don't want this or the other thread be clogged up again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

there's a live thread.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

:D where have you been

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Headshot wrote: »
    there's a live thread.....
    There's also an after-timing/screenshot thread ;)

Was also thinking of win to nil and Brazil win and 1 or 2 goals in match. As said, I'll give it a little think about.

Sometimes all you can do is laugh or yell like HS.

:D

____________________-

Will be all over unders and 0-0 in Ireland match for tomorrow. For those who read my preview on the Russia game at the weekend will know why.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

what happens if you try and chat up the woman in paddy power live help.....

lol

So I take it you didnt go for it?

Anyway told ya Brazil are dodgy and I dont think its all down to the manager either, just not the best squad around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Shams -1 walked in for me but lost the Spain -3,Should've known better it being 7-2 from the 1st game,Let their foot of the gas a little perhaps.

As for my mistaken Brazil ron bet,The less said the better:o.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

DB10 wrote: »
    what happens if you try and chat up the woman in paddy power live help.....

lol

putting xxx on the end of posts was the height of it, she asked was "there anything else I can help you with this evening". I nearly dropped the trousers there and then.

If only live help had webcam...:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

got a bit bored there and came up with this....the pic is of the last 3 seasons games that came after the first international break of the season,look at all the goals and all the teams that scored :)

goals.JPG

Was talking to a 'professional gambler' tonight who said he's going big this weekend on a Utd win and over 3 goals in the same match (v Bolton) and the same for Cardiff (v Doncaster).

Bolivia v Peru

Reading betting forums it seems Peru wont be playing European based players and the match will be played well above sea level so it will be tough for Peru

Bolivia v Peru

Reading betting forums it seems Peru wont be playing European based players and the match will be played well above sea level so it will be tough for Peru

That will matter little as both play high altitude afaik.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Wincast Dirk Kuyt tomorrow @3.10

Kuyt has scored 6 x in Hollands last 6 matches.
    Won 5, 1 draw (0-0 against Brazil)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

____________________-

Will be all over unders and 0-0 in Ireland match for tomorrow. For those who read my preview on the Russia game at the weekend will know why.

Can i get a link for this?

That will matter little as both play high altitude afaik.

Im not so sure Ade

Im also thinking of

Uzbekistan v Japan 8/11
    Saudi Arabia v Australia DNB 8/11

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Isnt it better to go for No Goalscorer than going for a 0-0?
    In case some idiot puts the ball in his own net....

Im not so sure Ade

Peru, Bolivia and Chile (I think) are all very high up. The Andes mountains cover all that side of the continent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Denmark V Norway DNB 5/6 looks decent value. Norway are second in their group and Denmark are three points behind them with a game in hand. I think a draw is most likely and Norway will be keeping it tight at the back.

Also gone for a Robbie Keane wincast, no logic in this bet just blind patriotism:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Thoughts on Everton Villa people? Draw at 9/4 is tempting...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

i don't like doing it but does any1 think russia are a good price 2mrw at 8/11

user2011 wrote: »
    Can i get a link for this?

This I'd say

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74165227

I've doubled Russia to win (8/11) with England win -1 goal (4/11).

Shane St. wrote: »
    i don't like doing it but does any1 think russia are a good price 2mrw at 8/11

I do, I reckon Ireland will calve under the pressure (self inflicted)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

RoverJames wrote: »
    This I'd say

I was thinking he did a preview on another site :rolleyes::p thanks for this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I do, I reckon Ireland will calve under the pressure (self inflicted)
    I reluctantly agree, :( Ireland were all over the place against Slovakia.

Im not so sure Ade
    Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Peru, Bolivia and Chile (I think) are all very high up. The Andes mountains cover all that side of the continent.

Aye. Bolivia(Le Paz?) is one of the highest altitude stadiums in the world but the other two are not far of it. It'll play a smart part if anything HS.

____
    This I'd say

user2011 wrote: »
    I was thinking he did a preview on another site :rolleyes::p thanks for this

Cheers Rover, occupied with golf atm. Playoff with 2 guys and I'll be winning either way :D

@ user2011, you could more or less replace Macedonia for Ireland. Tbf, I'd be shocked at a high scoring match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Russia to win and 1 or 2 goals scored in the match @ 11/5

I have taken small bets on 1-0 and 2-0 to Russia @ 11/2 and 7/1 given your record with these types of bets ;)

• Advertisement

Cheers Rover, occupied with golf atm. Playoff with 2 guys and I'll be winning either way :D

A guy I know is very profitable at golf. he's been following it for nearly 10 years now. I'd say it can be a very profitable sport if you know what's going on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement