Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I hate to say this aswel i'll be on Russia.

Ireland they were shocking and how McGeady stayed on the pitch for so long is a f**king joke (playing with 10 v 11:mad:) there was a point around 60min were he summed everything up after losing the ball half heartedly chased back to half way line then walked with his head down back out to the wing and wouldnt look for the ball off Whelan or Andrews not sure which one.

Hunt ain't much better but he gives his f**king all for the cause. 1-0 or 2-0 Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Backing Russia. Hate backing against Ireland but price seems too good turn down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

A bit of financial compensation for us I suppose if Russia win.

Derek! wrote: »
    A bit of financial compensation for us I suppose if Russia win.

:pac:Thats way I am looking at it anyway. Ireland get result I wont mind be happy to lose this one if Ireland were to win.

Draw is best I can see them getting though

To put the price in context I don't think it's really huge or anything, I've Kerry backed at 4/6 to beat Dublin in a fortnight, I believe PP were/are 8/11, I had Barcelona -1 doubled with them though at 4/7 so BoyleSports were better for that double.

But anyway, no offence to the Dublin folk (I lived in Dublin for a couple of years and the Dubs I encountered were salt of the Earth so I'm not trying to stir or anything) but I reckon Kerry at 8/11 is value (looney value actually) in comparison to Russia beating Ireland, still, I fancy Russia to do the job so I'm happy with 8/11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I was thinkin of lumpin on Kerry myself, oh how I'd love to be wrong though :D
    You cant bet with your heart unless you want to end up broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Russia to win and 1 or 2 goals scored in the match @ 11/5

hate to say it but that looks like a gift to me

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    A guy I know is very profitable at golf. he's been following it for nearly 10 years now. I'd say it can be a very profitable sport if you know what's going on.

Indeed it is. Bit more research done than what most expect.

Anyway..

Quite probably it's false hope, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got a result in Russia for the fact we seem to up are game against the bigger names and in do and die situations more or less. As Kew said, draw or at push, a very big damn push, a 0-1 win for us.

mailburner wrote: »
    hate to say it but that looks like a gift to me

Russia win and 1 or 2 goals is @ 23/10 for tomorrows game on PP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Ireland game has draw written all over it. Russia will be happy with a point, Ireland won't probably threaten much against them. 0-0 or 1-1

• Advertisement

Scotland in 1987 was the last time Ireland beat a team that was seeded higher then them away from home in qualifying group..

Thats shocking..

Were unlucky not to win in Spain in 1992 when Aldo had a goal ruled out for offside even though he was 2 yards onside.

Got some good draws in past, but never got a win.

Draw no bet on Russia seems money back or free money bet:pac:

Holland -2 @ 3.50 tomorrow away to Finland, something I'm missing? Surely they'll beat them handy enough?

Posts moved. Off topic talk can go in this wonderful thread -Footy forum Off Topic thread

Just to add, I'm all for tips and taking the bookies to the cleaners but this is a football/soccer forum. There is a GAA betting thread in the main gambling forum and now you can also post GAA tips of that ilk in the footy off topic thread, afterall it is off topic! :)

Pro Tipster has said over 2.5 in peru - bolivia game, I've followed it. 2.25.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Samich wrote: »
    Pro Tipster has said over 2.5 in peru - bolivia game, I've followed it. 2.25.
    Whos he??:confused::o

Whos he??:confused::o

Oh sorry, just a site, I'm sure it's well known here, soccerstatistics.com?

Got a link on that site to olbg.com where there's tips given, and it shows the guys success rate. and profit. :)

CONFIRMED Argentina XI vs Nigeria this afternoon: Romero; Burdisso, Demichelis, Otamendi; Zabaleta, Mascherano, Rojo; José Sosa, Di María; Messi, Higuaín

Word of caution, 1. remember the fixed match earlier this year in Nigeria? 2. this is being played in Bangladesh and the heat I imagine will be quite unbearable... or it was for me anyway. Speaking from experience :pac:

I for one ain't going near this match anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Lads this bet looks very good!

Malta v Georgia @ 4/5
    Finland v 10/11
    Latvia v Greece @ 4/5

done a bit of research on it.

Holland have covered the -1 6 out of the last 9 times they met dating back to 1974. They have beaten Finland 8 out of them 9 games and come into this fixture on the back of a 11-0 thrashing at the expense of San Marino.

Georgia have beaten Malta 4 out of their last 6 meeting and drew the other one and losing the remaining one. Out of them 6 meetings 5 were friendlies but they have played each other on one competitive meeting and Georgia won it 1-0. Malta come into this game losing 7 games from 7 and i think it will be 8 from 8 tomorrow night.

Greece have a history in this tournament winning the cup in 2004. Greece come into this game on a 5 game winning streak and are unbeaten in their group and are on pole to qualify so a win here will be very important to them. Latvia have no chance to qualify and i fancy Greece to take them here.

I think its a good bet and the treble works out just over 5/1.
    G'luck! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

CriticEyes wrote: »

Malta v Georgia @ 4/5
    Finland v 10/11
    Latvia v Greece @ 4/5

Holland have covered the -1 6 out of the last 9 times they met dating back to 1974. They have beaten Finland 8 out of them 9 games and come into this fixture on the back of a 11-0 thrashing at the expense of San Marino.

Georgia have beaten Malta 4 out of their last 6 meeting and drew the other one and losing the remaining one. Out of them 6 meetings 5 were friendlies but they have played each other on one competitive meeting and Georgia won it 1-0. Malta come into this game losing 7 games from 7 and i think it will be 8 from 8 tomorrow night.

Greece have a history in this tournament winning the cup in 2004. Greece come into this game on a 5 game winning streak and are unbeaten in their group and are on pole to qualify so a win here will be very important to them. Latvia have no chance to qualify and i fancy Greece to take them here.

i like this aswell,georgia would be the riskiest call,there not exactly prolific scorers but as u said malta have been beaTEN 7in a row so they should have enough quality to win.. holland on the handicap have excellent odds i looked earlier and seen 21/20 on bet365 for -1 and was expecting more like 1/2,finland could only put 1 past san marino recently so id expect them to cover -2 at least.. im putting in england -1 to bring the odds up to 8.3/1,20 stake

Holland are 3.50 for -2, crazy odds for that I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Malta v Georgia @ 4/5
    Finland v 10/11
    Latvia v Greece @ 4/5

Liking Holland Greece,Not so sure about Georgia tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I dunno about team news for the Sweden game but Zlatan Ibrahimovic is 7/1 on William Hill to score a hat-trick tomorrow,Good value there if ye ask me.

He scored a hat-trick vs Finland in the campaign already and put 2 past Super San Marino when they last met.

What would some of you have this priced at yourself?I'm really suprised its 7s would have it priced round 4s maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

bradlente wrote: »
    I dunno about team news for the Sweden game but Zlatan Ibrahimovic is 7/1 on William Hill to score a hat-trick tomorrow,Good value there if ye ask me.

He scored a hat-trick vs Finland in the campaign already and put 2 past Super San Marino when they last met.

What would some of you have this priced at yourself?I'm really suprised its 7s would have it priced round 4s maybe?

Threw 15 on @ 8/1 on Victor Chandler....Fingers Crossed :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

seanhynes wrote: »
    Samich wrote: »
    Holland are 3.50 for -2, crazy odds for that I thought.

Maybe i am biased because the only time they didnt win i was in Helsinki (1991,thank **** it was a company paid for trip) and it was horrible.

Holland -2 is stretching it a bit i would say, taking it is the Alternative handicap, meaning 3 goals difference to win.

I am pretty convinced they will win as they might want Van Marwijk's 100% record in EC/WC qualification matches alive (15 played, 15 won)
    Just dont see them covering the -2 bearing in mind i also expect Finland to score.
    Dont know if other sites do this but bet365 has a combination of Holland to win & over 2,5
    Took that in a double with the same thing on England.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Malta v Georgia @ 4/5
    Finland v 10/11
    Latvia v Greece @ 4/5

Nice accum but I'm worried about Georgia too, so i changed it a bit
    Holland (-1)
    Greece
    Germany
    England (-1)
    Comes in at around 6.3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

England -1
    Macedonia to win to nil v Andorra
    Holland to win to nil v Finland

Comes in just over 3/1.

I can't bet against Ireland. It would ruin the match for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I like the look of Greece and Georgia. Looking at Hungary Evs away to Moldova they are not a bad side. Im also looking at Scotland 8/13 at home to Lithuania. Scotland have been playing well at home recently and should win just hope the last game didnt take too much out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Bosnia 8/13 at home surely they win after beating Belarus away. France 19/20away to Romania anybody think this is a big price, i know France were poor lately but Blanc seems to have sorted it out. Also im going to do Ibrahimovic at 15/8 for 2 or more goals. Lot of things i fancy but i didnt get to look at proper research yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

I dont know about ye guys but im doing a 50/50 spread on Ireland either beating Russia or getting a draw there, were never better than when we are up against it and this is no exception.

Russia are no great shakes aswell and if Slovakia can go there and get a win, we definitely can. COME ON IRELAND:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Benzema and Rooney to score anytime.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement