Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Newcastle 4 games now 3 clean sheets, fair play to them they were even unlucky to concede the goal they did,

Them drawing at half time in their matches is a good shout

Depends who they're playing. Any decent team would have had them blown of the park by half time tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Wow Derry didn't fcuk me over or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Out by one card and one corner in Newcastle game :rolleyes:

Some great news though sports fans. Crystal Palace are in Carling Cup action tomorrow night!! Gwan the +2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Champions League Matches Genk v Valencia
    13-09-2011 19:45
    Draw No Bet
    Valencia @ 1/4
    Champions League Matches Olympiacos v Marseille
    Draw No Bet
    Marseille @ evens
    Champions League Matches Apoel Nicosia v Zenit St Petersburg
    Draw No Bet
    Zenit St Petersburg @ 1/2
    Your Bets
    Treble
    1 line at €10.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €10.00
    Potential returns: €37.50
    No: O/20600222/0000293
    Total stake: €10.00

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Tried to keep my head in regards to this but people won't listen.
    If people cannot keep the football betting thread to *drum roll* football only talk , infractions will be given out without any hesitation. Tbf, some people are taking the piss at this stage and I'd be inclined to give them a holiday from this place.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I posted the above 2 days ago, and I have done so more than once.

I could just infract peoplebut I'll let it slide because I'm in a happy mood. Let's say, next person(s) who goes off topic again can have a week ban from the footy betting, and quite possibly gambling too. I cannot keep repeating myself, I honestly don't want to have to act lads, seriously.

There is an NFL/US Sports thread in the main forum!
    PLEASE back on topic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

christ!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Bets for tomorrow. Victoria Plzen and Over 2.5 Porto game fingers crossed

Victoria because because they surprised alot in the last round disposing of FC Copenhagen (home and away) who got of out their group last year

(Barca <L2-0><D0-0>, Rubin <W1-0><L1-0>and Panatinaikos <W0-2><W3-1>)

BATE on the other hand look like they hit a rocky patch lately all be it against the top teams with a host of draws suggesting tiredness after long season where as Victoria are coming in fresh with 6 league games to BATE's 26 not including cup or qualifying games.

I was going to do B Dortmund but im just going to enjoy that game

user2011 wrote: »

Victoria because because they surprised alot in the last round disposing of FC Copenhagen (home and away) who got of out their group last year

BATE on the other hand look like they hit a rocky patch lately all be it against the top teams with a host of draws suggesting tiredness after long season where as Victoria are coming in fresh with 6 league games to BATE's 26 not including cup or qualifying games.

Plezen are interesting me alright. Really impressed me in the first leg, even if Copenhagen were clueless in general.

Be weary of Dortmund, I say that as a fan of them who watches majority of their games. Loss of Sahin in middle of the park is beginning to show IMO. Gotze, Kagawa and Barrios can still do some damage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Bate Borisov is drawing a lot of games recently, when they are playing decent teams, they were also drawing some games last time they were in CL - I am considering HT draw.

stingerro wrote: »
    Guys - referee Szymon Marciniak in 4 games of Polish League this season... awarded 6 penalty kicks, some of them were very soft. It took him only 3 games, as he didn't award any in last one (and he should probably). He will be refereeing Lechia - Gornik game. I don't see a market for it on bet365 though. I'm also thinking over bet for this game, more to come soon.
    Just curious - did anyone go for it? He awarded another penalty (didn't see it), he is already on 7 in 5 league games :D. I wish bet365 would have live market for it...

• Advertisement

I was so close to clicking bet but took 5 and seen the light not often i do this :)

With Plzen im sticking with them was on them last game thought i was screwed when they went behind but they kept fighting and got the winner in 94/95th min to beat Copenhagen 2-1. This was the big plus for me plus the odds on them are really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Be weary of Dortmund, I say that as a fan of them who watches majority of their games. Loss of Sahin in middle of the park is beginning to show IMO. Gotze, Kagawa and Barrios can still do some damage though.

Barrios is still injured isn't he?

How has Gundogan done since coming in? Gotze is possibly my favorite player to watch in Germany right now, such a great talent.

Will the south stand just have temporary seating fitted?

Even though they have had a poor start to the season I'll be having bets on;

Dortmund @11/10
    Gotze Score and Win @ 4/1

Mark! wrote: »
    Barrios is still injured isn't he?

How has Gundogan done since coming in? Gotze is possibly my favorite player to watch in Germany right now, such a great talent.

Will the south stand just have temporary seating fitted?

Even though they have had a poor start to the season I'll be having bets on;

Dortmund @11/10
    Gotze Score and Win @ 4/1

Heard he'll be back for the first group game, but that was awhile back. I'll have a look around.

Yeah, Gotze is the biggest German talent around IMO. Joy to watch.

Gundogan has been inconsistent since joining, looks a player at times then real sloppy. Definitely talent there though.

Might have a small bet on Dortmund (Gotze or Kagawa bet probably), but it's more heart over head even with Arsenal's problems this summer and season so far.

Another interesting thing regarding this match is Lewandowski (if he will play as a starting striker) against Szczesny. Definitely Lewandowski (doing well this season, scoring in the league, as well in NT, including playing against Mertesacker week ago) fancy scoring at least one against keeper of his NT. He's 7.0 as a first scorer at bet365.

On Dortmund-Arsenal game injuries and words from the managers

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12092011/58/champions-league-ramsey-miss-dortmund.html

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Npower League 1 Matches Sheff Utd v Huddersfield
    Over/Under 2.5 Goals
    Over 2.5 Goals @ 8/11

Handicap Betting
    Valencia (-1.0) @ 2/1
    Your Bets

Double
    1 line at €10.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €10.00
    Potential returns: €51.82

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I done an over 2.5 goals treble of Barca, Porto and Munich @ 4/1.
    But I really like the look of that Valencia -1 aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Is it just me or are Zenit at 5/4 really good odds

Headshot wrote: »
    Handicap Betting
    Valencia (-1.0) @ 2/1
    Damm, bet365 have them at 11/10 :mad:

I think you might be lookin at it wrong :)

• Advertisement

Derek! wrote: »
    I think you might be lookin at it wrong :)
    How come? Main Asian Handicap for Valencia is -0.75 and it's 1.875. -1 is 2.1.

stingerro wrote: »
    Damm, bet365 have them at 11/10 :mad:

That would be asian handicap Headshot's handicap is the European handicap were if they win by one it wont be pushed it will lose

I dont think it's the asian handicap, it's "handicap result" Valencia (-1) on bet 365

I dont think it's the asian handicap, it's "handicap result" Valencia (-1) on bet 365

Like handicap draw :confused: (my brains going into meltdown shattered here)

Right, I always forget about - it's 2.75 at bet365. Sorry for confusion.

Like handicap draw :confused: (my brains going into meltdown shattered here)
    No it's just Valencia need to win by 2, I'm probably explainin it arseways :p

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

I'd be very wary of Plzen over 2.5 goals. Bate have a serious defence and havent conceded more than two goals in all competitions in nearly a year. There also average at attacking, so I'd be very wary of over 2.5 goals in this game

I might put €5 on Soldado for a hat-trick @ 33/1, he's doin well so far.
    what do you think folks?

clearodara wrote: »
    I'd be very wary of Plzen over 2.5 goals. Bate have a serious defence and havent conceded more than two goals in all competitions in nearly a year. There also average at attacking, so I'd be very wary of over 2.5 goals in this game

No its just Plzen win. The overs is in the Porto game;)

• Advertisement

No it's just Valencia need to win by 2, I'm probably explainin it arseways :p

Yup :P :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement