Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

user2011 wrote: »
    No its just Plzen win. The overs is in the Porto game;)
    My bad, just thought id warn you in case you were putting money on the overs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

user2011 wrote: »
    On Dortmund-Arsenal game injuries and words from the managers

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12092011/58/champions-league-ramsey-miss-dortmund.html
    No Ramsey. Wondering if Wenger will go for Song - Frimpong playing together, as it could help bet for over yellow cards - line is 3.5. Not sure about referee, but in Arsenal games over was 5/5 (mostly because of Arsenal) and in Dortmund games over was 4/5 (mostly because of Dortmund opponents).

Edit: Referee will be Gianluca Rocchi, he was referee of recent Milan - Lazio match, which had 4 yellow cards. I didn't watch that match, was he lenient or strict? His recent record, looks quite over-ish - http://pl.soccerway.com/referees/gianluca-rocchi/44750/

Btw, this site could prove to be helpful - http://footballrefereeing.blogspot.com

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Stuff that might be overlooked because of the Champions league tonight but could be interesting nevertheless:

At 17.00 this afternoon:

Rosenborg 2 - Tiller
    Rosenborg 2nd/3rd in the league, Tiller 12th.

Rosenborg having a GF/GA total of 95 in 19 matches 59/36
    Tiller the also nice number of 70 combined in 19. 30/40

Should hit the 4 or 5 goals that match. No clue about odds. I am at work and working hard as you can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

inforfun wrote: »
    Stuff that might be overlooked because of the Champions league tonight but could be interesting nevertheless:

At 17.00 this afternoon:

Rosenborg 2 - Tiller
    Rosenborg 2nd/3rd in the league, Tiller 12th.

Rosenborg having a GF/GA total of 95 in 19 matches 59/36
    Tiller the also nice number of 70 combined in 19. 30/40

Should hit the 4 or 5 goals that match. No clue about odds. I am at work and working hard as you can see.

where is thst match can`t seem to find that

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

rossit wrote: »
    where is thst match can`t seem to find that

According to flashscores.com it will be available for live betting. Only starts at 17.00.
    Cant check if there are already markets for this, bet365 is blocked here at work.

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    According to flashscores.com it will be available for live betting. Only starts at 17.00.
    Cant check if there are already markets for this, bet365 is blocked here at work.
    Market pre-game at bet365 is limited regarding handicaps and total goals, but it will be available In Play, should have a better range there.

One more game which can be interesting for going heavy with goals - friendly match between SC Concordia Hamburg and HSV Hamburg. Starts at 19 CET. And despite very low odds (even for high scores) maybe there's some money to make from Ajax Lasnamae - Levadia Tallinn match (backing guests of course) in Estonian championship. Game starts at 17 CET.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

stingerro wrote: »
    No Ramsey. Wondering if Wenger will go for Song - Frimpong playing together, as it could help bet for over yellow cards - line is 3.5. Not sure about referee, but in Arsenal games over was 5/5 (mostly because of Arsenal) and in Dortmund games over was 4/5 (mostly because of Dortmund opponents).

Edit: Referee will be Gianluca Rocchi, he was referee of recent Milan - Lazio match, which had 4 yellow cards. I didn't watch that match, was he lenient or strict? His recent record, looks quite over-ish - http://pl.soccerway.com/referees/gianluca-rocchi/44750/

Btw, this site could prove to be helpful - http://footballrefereeing.blogspot.com

Id be surprised if he did. Mainly because all the creativity would have to come from Arteta id say he'll go with Yossi Arteta and one of Frimpong or Song in the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,117 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

League 2 game between Crawley Town v Swindon Town over 2.5 goals at 4/5

6 of the last 7 games that Crawley have played this season have been over 2.5 goals which is strike rate of 85.71%

Their results this season
    2-2, 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, 1-3, 4-1 and 0-6. Their last 4 games have seen 4+ goals alone

Swindon have 4 from 7 games that has overs this season for strike rate of 57.14%.
    Their results this season are 3-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-2, 1-2, 3-2, 1-1..

As 4/5 represents a 55.56% I reckon these odds represent value in tonight's League 2 meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Steviewonder

Ac Milan are 10/1 against barca

Worth a sneaky punt eventhough they are up against it!

The draw is at 4s!

any thoughts?:)

• Advertisement

Ac Milan are 10/1 against barca

Worth a sneaky punt eventhough they are up against it!

The draw is at 4s!

any thoughts?:)
    Waste of money IMO :). They are very slow at the back and in midfield, Barca will pass around them easily and will have no problem creating scoring opportunities. Especially with this AC Milan team being poor defensively, even Nesta is a history these days. Plus, there is also a big danger of Milan players (Ambrosini, vam Bommel, Flamini, Boateng, Gattuso - not sure if the latter isn't injured) for getting booked easily, limiting their defensive work even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

stingerro wrote: »

Wouldn't be keen on this. Dortmund have only received 4 cards in 5 games this season. Unders a possible here, but Arsenal could cover the points on their own. Dortmund under 2 cards @ 8/11 on Hills a better option in this game.

Edit Cards in Barca game far more appealing..Van Bommel, Flamini etc

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gone for...

Main bets -
    Valencia -1 @ 2/1
    Barca, Valencia and Chelsea treble, forgot the odds.

Goalscorer bets -
    Messi Insurebet and Soldado Insurebet @ 7/1
    Lewandowski Insurebet @ 4/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Martin Atkinson in charge of Barca Milan game..4 red cards in his last 9 games

http://www.soccerway.com/referees/martin-atkinson/44515/

With Van Bommel and the likes in action tonight I will be taking on the red card @ 4/1

Also large stake on over 2.5 Porto game

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Have been looking at an interesting little bet in the fixtures for CL tonight and tomorrow night. I've picked out 7 strikers who all played well in their domestic leagues at the weekend:
    Milito scored 2 @ weekend (Inter Milan) Rooney scored 3 @ weekend(United) Aguero scored 3 @ weekend (Man City) Ronaldo scored 1 @ weekend (Madrid) Soldado scored 1 @ weekend (Valencia) Gomez scored 3 @ weekend (Bayern Munich) Messi (Barcelona)

The bet i'm going for is a combintation of 35 x €1 fourfolds on each player to scored 2 or more goals at a cost of €35. If the 4 shortest priced players score 2 goals then thats a total of €180 profit for just one line, if all seven score two goals, I won't have to work for a long time :D (would pocket around €25,000) . I've included the price for each player to score two or more. Looks very tempting on paper considering the amount of goals scored at the weekend.

Price for each player to score two or more goals:
    Messi 13/8
    Ronaldo 7/4
    Aguero 9/2
    Soldado 13/2
    Rooney 11/2
    Milito 4/1
    Gomez 4/1

Best of luck lads ;)
    If doing this bet I'd recommend doing it with PP. Just checked odds and Gomez is 17/2 wheras Milito is 7/2 and so is Ageuro , but price works out much better with PP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I'm liking the PP enhancement special of Chelsea, Porto and Valencia @10/3.

Think Valencia are the slightly risky ones there as they are away from home but they should beat Genk in all fairness. (you can get 13/10 on Genk and draw double chance to cover btw)

I strongly fancy Chelsea to beat Leverkusen and Porto to beat Shaktahr, both at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Shakhtar, Dortmund double
    Chelsea and overs in the barca, arsenal, Porto and brentford games
    50 on both

frat wrote: »
    Shakhtar, Dortmund double
    Chelsea and overs in the barca, arsenal, Porto and brentford games
    50 on both

You're putting money on Shakhtar to win?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Zenith are a big price, okay they are away but against a Greek side who are only just back in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

mike65 wrote: »
    Zenith are a big price, okay they are away but against a Greek side who are only just back in the league.

Apoel are from Cyprus, I won't be going near this one though, maybe over 2.5 if i do anything, Apoel looked decent in the CL qualifiers, Nicosia will not be an easy place to travel to either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oops of course,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Bet365 are 7/2 for Rooney to outscore Benfica 2moro night......sounds pretty good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Some opta stats for United v Benfica tomorrow

• Manchester Utd have won six of their seven previous meetings with Benfica in European competition.
    • In their seven previous encounters, Man Utd have scored 19 goals to Benfica's eight.
    • Last season, Manchester Utd didn't concede a single goal in their six away games in the Champions League, collecting five wins and one draw.
    • Benfica have conceded at least two goals in each of their last five Champions League games.
    • Manchester Utd have won their last three away games in Portugal in the Champions League, all by the same scoreline (1-0).

Id be wary of the 1-0 because there is no Rio or Vidic. So back four will probably be Fabio/Evans, Jones, Smalling, Evra. United win in around 10/11 most places i think this one will go over BP at evens at a few bookies. 2-1 or 3-1 win for United me thinks

Bet365 are 7/2 for Rooney to outscore Benfica 2moro night......sounds pretty good!

I'd be wary, Rooney may not even start with the Chelsea game on Sunday. Wait until the team is announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I like both Barca and Milan to score tonight @ evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Our trading department has informed me that we can offer evens on van Bommell being booked in tonight's match

All over that 50 stake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Goals Galore:

5 selections - 10/1 on Betfred

£10 on;

Crawley vs Swindon
    APOEL vs Zenit
    Brentford vs Colchester
    Daggers vs Oxford
    Chesterfield vs Bury

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Headshot wrote: »
    All over that 50 stake
    PP I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    PP I presume?

Yes

I had to request odds

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Headshot wrote: »
    All over that 50 stake

Not bad. Gonna get on that. Half your stake though! :pac:

Would have been confident it would've been below evens beforehand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement