Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Whoa, might lump on that myself. Do you just go to live help and request the odds?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Best call their live help number or whatever it's called. Tis quicker to request odds through that than online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Whoa, might lump on that myself. Do you just go to live help and request the odds?

I'm tempted to jump on that but promised myself i wouldn't bet until end of this month. hhhmmmm.

Best call their live help number or whatever it's called. Tis quicker to request odds through that than online.

I don't have a PP shop in my town. Can I still do the bet online if I do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

tempted got go chelsea and porto doubles odds are 3/2 - so tempted to go big on it.
    The way i see it is, the big teams want to qualify as soon as possible then play the kids once they are through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Would it work with bet365 as well?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I don't have a PP shop in my town. Can I still do the bet online if I do that?

PP Dial a bet no. - 1800 721 821
    stingerro wrote: »
    Would it work with bet365 as well?

I wouldn't know Stinger. There is a freephone number though under services if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Is it just me or is Chelsea 1/2 a decent enough price at home to Leverkusen?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Took on the PP powerplay Valencia/Porto/Chelsea all 3 to win @4.33

Have also 2 goal accumulators but wasnt having my day yesterday as it comes to paying attention. All but 1 of those accumulator matches are tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

any1 tink arsenal worth a punt @ 16/5??? (betfair)
    rvp cud easily bang in 1 or2....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Barca, Man Utd, and Man City all to win.

3.2/1

Any opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Headshot or Ade, when ye rang and backed Van Bommel to be booked did the bet show up in your account under 'my bets'? It hasn't for me but the money for the bet is gone out of my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Blatter wrote: »
    Headshot or Ade, when ye rang and backed Van Bommel to be booked did the bet show up in your account under 'my bets'? It hasn't for me but the money for the bet is gone out of my account.

noob :p

that's always the way, dont worry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Anyone been looking at accrington/rotherham tonight ? ... accrington have 100% home record ? and have scored in each home game... Rotherham have won 2 from 3 away games loosing their last one 3-2 away to Swindon.

both teams to score seems like the safest bet. (Dont have any odds)

(its possible that Rotherhams loss to Swindon could have been a blip - PP have 1-1 draw at 11/2 ....2-2 is 10/1)

Accringtons last 2 games were draws (both away games to (0-0) Barnet and (1-1) Gillingham)

EDIT:Morecambe away are 13/10 ...they have 100% away record and are on the back of a 6-0 drubbing of Crawley....I suggest Morecambe (-1) and (-2) would be worth a punt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Headshot wrote: »
    noob :p

that's always the way, dont worry about it

Ha, I wouldn't have asked but the one on the phone said it would show up once she's typed it in.

Women:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

SoCo2009 wrote: »
    Barca, Man Utd, and Man City all to win.

3.2/1

Any opinions?

Common sense says it's a sure-thing, but I've been learning the hard way that this is rarely the case for accums.

Personally, I have a little on that myself, with Chelsea thrown in, making it 4.1/1 on PP.

Then another with Inter also added would be 6.2/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

is that van bommel bet on bet 365 lads or do u have to request it off them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

requested it and they wouldnt offer me anything, twats:rolleyes:, should be a certainty,he's more than likely going to lose the cool on a few occasions!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,441 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

This will be my nights work. Let the goals flow...

1 FC Porto -0.5,-1.0 1.85 To Run
    2 Barcelona -1.5,-2.0 1.775 To Run
    3 Man Utd -0.5 1.95 To Run
    4 Real Madrid -1.5,-2.0 1.90 To Run
    5 Man City -1.5 2.05 To Run

Multiples
    Bet Type No of Bets Unit Stake Stake To Win Returns
    5 Folds 1 5.00 5.00 119.70

Barcelona v AC Milan Over/Under 2.5 goals:
    Over 2.5 Goals 1.53 - Matched
    Chelsea v Leverkusen Over/Under 1.5 Goals:
    Over 1.5 Goals 1.3 - Matched
    Porto v Shakhtar Over/Under 2.5 goals:
    Over 2.5 Goals 1.88 - Matched
    Genk v Valencia Over/Under 1.5 Goals:
    Over 1.5 Goals 1.25 - Matched
    Benfica v Man Utd Over/Under 2.5 goals:
    Over 2.5 Goals 1.91 - Matched
    Man City v Napoli Over/Under 2.5 goals:
    Over 2.5 Goals 1.7 - Matched
    Villarreal v B Munich Over/Under 1.5 Goals:
    Over 1.5 Goals 1.27 - Matched
    Dinamo Zagreb v Real Madrid Over/Under 1.5 Goals:
    Over 1.5 Goals 1.17 - Matched

Odds 22.93 Stake £5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

Rosenborg II v Tiller is 1-0 after 28 mins and over 3.5 goals is still only 2/9 on PP... Was going to put something on this but the odds are so stingy I'm staying away!

• Advertisement

OK, stuck £40 on Van Bommel and the tenner on my goals galore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Boylesports aren't doing any player to be booked markets for the Barca match either......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Going to follow Yardie with a red in Barca match.

Also Stingerro i seen line ups over on punters lounge (not sure the accuracy though) but it has Frimpong and Song starting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Gone for:

Chelsea
    Porto over 2.5
    Morecambe
    Port vale

€5 returns €60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Does anyone else think the Chelsea are way too short? (or put another way that the opposition is way too long?) Bayer Leverkusen 7.00 sure leaves some scope for an upset, given that Chelsea have been well short of City/Utd so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Yardie wrote: »
    Martin Atkinson in charge of Barca Milan game..4 red cards in his last 9 games

http://www.soccerway.com/referees/martin-atkinson/44515/

With Van Bommel and the likes in action tonight I will be taking on the red card @ 4/1
    No market for this on bet365. Considering over 4.5 cards in this match at 7/5. What do you think Yardie?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Barcelona v AC Milan Over/Under 2.5 goals:
    Over 2.5 Goals 1.53 - Matched
    Chelsea v Leverkusen Over/Under 1.5 Goals:
    Over 1.5 Goals 1.3 - Matched
    Porto v Shakhtar Over/Under 2.5 goals:
    Over 2.5 Goals 1.88 - Matched
    Genk v Valencia Over/Under 1.5 Goals:
    Over 1.5 Goals 1.25 - Matched
    Benfica v Man Utd Over/Under 2.5 goals:
    Over 2.5 Goals 1.91 - Matched
    Man City v Napoli Over/Under 2.5 goals:
    over 1.5 Goals 1.7 - Matched
    Villarreal v B Munich Over/Under 1.5 Goals:
    no bet 1.27 - Matched
    Dinamo Zagreb v Real Madrid Over/Under 1.5 Goals:
    Over 1.5 Goals 1.17 - Matched
    and Inter - Trabzonspor over 2.5

I've followed you on this but with some slight modifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Anyone know what time boyles PP or ladbrokes close at today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Done two trebles:

Swindon, Chesterfield and Notts County all to win. €10 returns €241.20.

Both Barca and Milan to score, over 2.5 in the Porto/Shakhtar match and Valencia to win. €10 returns €48.80.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

stingerro wrote: »
    No market for this on bet365. Considering over 4.5 cards in this match at 7/5. What do you think Yardie?

I have a small bet on the over 4.5 but my main worry is that Barca will dominate the game and pick up no cards, so if you can get a market, William Hill for instance to take cards per team bet and take Milan over 2.5 would be better option. I am also on the Van Bommel bet @ evens and the red card @ 4/1. Small stakes though.

If Milan can get under Barca's noses, then it will be a card fest like the Real games. Barca might just be too good for Ac tonight though.

Another fancy in this game is Barca -4 corner handicap @ 20/21 on bet365..Barca really dominate teams at Nou camp and the corner count in Villareal game for instance was 12:0 to Barca.

Asian card of over 4 is far better option on bet365 than over 4.5 too. Slightly worse odds but cash back if just 4 cards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement