Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

magherakid wrote: »
    Get in there :pac:

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Liking this, ill follow ya if ya don't mind:D

Cheers Mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

cheers, 50 on Defoe insurebet @ 5/6

2 voided bets in the Spurs, ah well, bring on the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

user2011 wrote: »
    Main bet for today Stoke. BarOne have a nice special on @ 11/5 Braga Twente Schalke and Tottenham.

I'll settle for cold hard cash instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I've done this for tomorrow:

Zhetysu - Aktobe : under 3.5
    Erzebirge Aue - Rostock : over 1.5
    Eintracht Frankfurt - Union Berlin : over 0.5 in 1st half
    Dnipro - Oleksandria : over 1.5
    Ludogorets to win
    Bursaspor - Genclerbirligi : over 0.5 1st half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

I've done this for tomorrow:

Zhetysu - Aktobe : under 3.5
    Erzebirge Aue - Rostock : over 1.5
    Eintracht Frankfurt - Union Berlin : over 0.5 in 1st half
    Dnipro - Oleksandria : over 1.5
    Ludogorets to win
    Bursaspor - Genclerbirligi : over 0.5 1st half

You know much about these teams?. Id struggle to guess what league most of them are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Looking at the football tonight,Always a dangerous idea....

Gone for Colo Colo vs Audax over 2.5 and Toronto Croatia to win @ 21/20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Yardie wrote: »
    I wouldn't back it myself. Rennes don't have great corner stats and no idea how Atletico will approach game.

One that may interest you though is Bilbao -1 on the corner handicap against PSG. Bilbao very strong at home on the corner front and PSG usually don't get many corners.
    5:4 in corners for Athletic, I took them to win corner battle In Play when they were 0:1 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Mark! wrote: »
    Going to follow Samich and go with an accumulator on over 1.5 goals on;

Rubin Kazan v PAOK Over 1.5 2/5
    Schalke v Maccabi Haifa Over 1.5 2/9
    Celtic v Udinese Over 1.5 4/11
    Athletic Bilbao v Paris St Germain Over 1.5 4/11
    Stoke v Besiktas Over 1.5 2/5
    Sporting Lisbon v Lazio Over 1.5 3/10
    Rapid Bucharest v PSV Eindhoven Over 1.5 3/10
    Tottenham v Shamrock Rovers Over 1.5 1/6

@ 8/1

BOOM!!!!

o15.png

Also did one with a few more teams without Celtic as I was unsure on that game

o15uuu.png

I'm liking the over 1.5 goals lately but still got to try test it a few more times. Very good night though, well done to everyone else who was on over 1.5's :D

stingerro wrote: »
    5:4 in corners for Athletic, I took them to win corner battle In Play when they were 0:1 :cool:

Ha nice one man, I was about to apologise for putting you off winning bet and feeding you a bad one! Was on the handicap myself but the red card killed game :(

• Advertisement

Ha nice one man, I was about to apologise for putting you off winning bet and feeding you a bad one! Was on the handicap myself but the red card killed game :(
    I think it was more of Athletic getting two goals lead so quickly, if anything red card IMO helped, as PSG was less dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Mark! wrote: »

I'm liking the over 1.5 goals lately but still got to try test it a few more times. Very good night though, well done to everyone else who was on over 1.5's :D

Commission please :P Only joking well done :)

You know much about these teams?. Id struggle to guess what league most of them are in.

Zhetysu - Aktobe : under 3.5 Kazakh league, most of Aktobe's games are under 3.5
    Erzebirge Aue - Rostock : over 1.5 Bundesliga 2
    Eintracht Frankfurt - Union Berlin : over 0.5 in 1st half Bundesliga 2
    Dnipro - Oleksandria : over 1.5 Ukrainian league
    Ludogorets to win Bulgarian league, Ludogorets are on a winning streak
    Bursaspor - Genclerbirligi : over 0.5 1st half Turkish league

I think it has a decent chance to win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

I've bet on over 1.5s a few times before, but until this week never solely over1.5s in accumulators. It's served me well the past two nights, so I had a look at scores in the premiership over the last few weeks to see if it really is so common for such a high percentage of games to go over 1.5 goals.
    • This season 44 out of 59 games have been over 1.5 goals.
    • Last week 9/10 games went over 1.5 goals.
    • The week before last 10/10 games went over 1.5 goals.
    • For what it's worth Stoke, West Brom, Fulham, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland and QPR were involved in 12 of the 15 games that didn't make the 2 goals.

Reckon it's worth a weekly five or six fold anyway in games not involving those 7 sides.

Don't know if this i just stating obvious or if it's any help, but there tis anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Zhetysu - Aktobe : under 3.5 Kazakh league, most of Aktobe's games are under 3.5
    Erzebirge Aue - Rostock : over 1.5 Bundesliga 2
    Eintracht Frankfurt - Union Berlin : over 0.5 in 1st half Bundesliga 2
    Dnipro - Oleksandria : over 1.5 Ukrainian league
    Ludogorets to win Bulgarian league, Ludogorets are on a winning streak
    Bursaspor - Genclerbirligi : over 0.5 1st half Turkish league

I think it has a decent chance to win :)

Cheers. Hope they come in:D

Anyone else surprised at the price of UCD v Dundalk? BP 4.20

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

user2011 wrote: »
    Anyone else surprised at the price of UCD v Dundalk? BP 4.20

Yes, I'd wait for team news though on extratime.ie.

Yes, I'd wait for team news though on extratime.ie.

Cheers, Even with a bit of insurance dnb is at 2/1 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Some wins on the over 1.5 there lads,May jump on the bandwagon this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

bradlente wrote: »
    Some wins on the over 1.5 there lads,May jump on the bandwagon this weekend!

Had an 11 team accumulator last weekend one overs and one team let me down. Doing my research I decided to put MK Dons in and was kind of hesitant putting them in, low and behold im checking the results and Mk Dons drew 0-0 with Bury, cost me over 500 quid, had i left the out I would have been up 400 :rolleyes: . I've found the best leagues for over 1.5 goals is the N-Power 1 and N-Power 2 in England. Both are full of goals. With good weather expected this weekend in England and Ireland, hopefully there'll be plenty of end to end football and plenty of goals. The best way to I've found to research games for over 1.5 is to go to soccerway.com and select the game and click the home teams preious 5 results and the away teams previous 5 away results. If either team has under 1.5 goals in any game then omit them from your bet. I done my research last week and thought I was looking good but included Mk Dons vs Bury when I should have left it out because Bury had a game in their previous 5 which was under 1.5 goals, so looking back on it now it was a stupid decision, but i'll live and learn. Just some advice for anyone thinking doing this type of bet as it helps to look at teams previous few games. ;). Will be researching teams for the weekend in the N-power leagues and post what i find...

Doing some research these games have come up as very possible over 1.5 goals for this weekend:
    arbroath (over 2.5 looks a cert)
    east fife
    dumbarton
    airdrie utd
    stirling albion
    blackpool
    southampton
    reading
    peterborough
    torquay
    afc wimbeldon
    crawley
    port vale
    mk dons
    brentford
    leyton orient

Accumulator pays 34/1

Some might look and think that it has no chance of coming off, but bet no one noticed that every game in last nights europa league went over 1.5 goals. Thats 24 games with over 1.5. At an average price of 2/7 for over 1.5 goals the 24 team accumulator would have paid 408/1 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im hope saf will tell the media later today, welbeck will be starting. I just have this felling of a hatrick for him. 25\1 sky bet but ill be using vc at 20\1

Aachen vs FSV Frankfurt for under 2.5 goals looks a decent bet @ 5/6

Also going to put a €10 stake on 0-0 @ 12/1

Alemannia have only scored 1 goal this season. 4 of their last 5 games have been 0-0

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2011/09/30/germany/2-bundesliga/alemannia-aachen/fsv-frankfurt/1122319/

http://www.soccerstats.com/pmatch.asp?league=germany2&matchid=82&match=2&t1=7&t2=2

Cue a goal fest.

Aachen vs FSV Frankfurt for under 2.5 goals looks a decent bet @ 5/6

Also going to put a €10 stake on 0-0 @ 12/1

Alemannia have only scored 1 goal this season. 4 of their last 5 games have been 0-0

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2011/09/30/germany/2-bundesliga/alemannia-aachen/fsv-frankfurt/1122319/

http://www.soccerstats.com/pmatch.asp?league=germany2&matchid=82&match=2&t1=7&t2=2

Cue a goal fest.

Lol Aachen's games must be boring as hell, I'll follow you on 0-0.

EDIT: it looks like it's one of those times when the bookmakers know something we don't... they give Aachen as favorites for this match... I might put a bet on Aachen to win in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,783 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

EDIT: it looks like it's one of those times when the bookmakers know something we don't... they give Aachen as favorites for this match... I might put a bet on Aachen to win in that case.

I came on to post about this match. Aachen played 9 games have 4 points and in last. Frankfurt played 9 and 19 points and in third. Acchen 4/5 and Frankfurt 29/10. Anybody know anything about German football either thats a mistake or has to be backed.

Aachen last 4 home games
    Lost 0-2
    Lost 0-2
    Draw 0-0
    Draw 0-0

Frankfurt last 5 aways
    Won 2-3
    Won 0-3
    Won 0-4
    Draw 3-3
    Won 1-4

Aachen have a new manager and FSV are missing 3 key players(was supposed to be 5 but 2 passed fit today). This is being billed as a 6 pointer as both relegation candidates this year. From reports FSV seem to be content with a draw in this one, Aachen will be gunning for win but lack goalscorer. 12/1 still a very good price for 0-0, no guarantee new coach will be any better.

Nuts102 wrote: »

Frankfurt last 5 aways
    Won 2-3
    Won 0-3
    Won 0-4
    Draw 3-3
    Won 1-4

They are the stats for Eintracht Frankfurt, who are close to top of Bundesliga 2.

FSV Frankfurt playing Aachen tonight have won 1, drawn 1 and lost 2 of away games this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I came on to post about this match. Aachen played 9 games have 4 points and in last. Frankfurt played 9 and 19 points and in third. Acchen 4/5 and Frankfurt 29/10. Anybody know anything about German football either thats a mistake or has to be backed.

Aachen last 4 home games
    Lost 0-2
    Lost 0-2
    Draw 0-0
    Draw 0-0

Frankfurt last 5 aways
    Won 2-3
    Won 0-3
    Won 0-4
    Draw 3-3
    Won 1-4

Thats the wrong Frankfurt,

FSV Frankfurt

away

4 - 0 loss
    0 - 4 win
    1 - 1 draw
    1 - 5 Win
    1 - 0 loss

Last 6 games between the 2 sides, Aachen have won 5 of them, and drawn 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

Aachen last 4 home games
    Lost 0-2
    Lost 0-2
    Draw 0-0
    Draw 0-0

Frankfurt last 5 aways
    Won 2-3
    Won 0-3
    Won 0-4
    Draw 3-3
    Won 1-4

FSV Frankfurt are mid-table. Eintracht Frankfurt are third.

Either way, a DNB on FSV is worth a shot at 2-1 considering Aachen haven't won a game all season and only scored 1 goal!

Over 3.5 cards in Wolverhampton-Newcastle is 11/10. Isn't this a nice bet, even not knowing who will be referee? Faworyci piłkarscy:

Edit: Halsey will be referee, so it's clear why odds are looking so attractive...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

scaled.php?server=840&filename=oversac.gif&res=medium

On the success of yesterdays overs 1.5 accums gonna have a stab on this one for tomorrow. Used the soccertracker for a few of them but in general it looks decent, even though its an 8 game accum:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement