Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Gone for

UCD +1
    Bohs/ Pats over 1.5
    Southend/ S' bury over 1.5
    Cork/ Finn Harps over 1.5
    Mervue/ Limerick over 1.5

€20 pays €107

and a longshot

UCD
    St. Pats
    Cork/ Finn Harps over 2.5
    Shel/ Monaghan bts

€5 paying €120

Both with Boylesports

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Zhetysu - Aktobe : under 3.5 Kazakh league, most of Aktobe's games are under 3.5
    Erzebirge Aue - Rostock : over 1.5 Bundesliga 2
    Eintracht Frankfurt - Union Berlin : over 0.5 in 1st half Bundesliga 2
    Dnipro - Oleksandria : over 1.5 Ukrainian league
    Ludogorets to win Bulgarian league, Ludogorets are on a winning streak
    Bursaspor - Genclerbirligi : over 0.5 1st half Turkish league

I think it has a decent chance to win :)

fuuck only 1 goal in the Erzebirge - Rostock game, all the others won :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Jumped on the following for small stakes.

Pats/UCD Double (8.55)

Bohs ht / pats ft (986)
    Dundalk ht / UCD ft

Draw ht / pats ft (44.50)
    draw ht / UCD ft

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

fuuck only 1 goal in the Erzebirge - Rostock game, all the others won :mad:

unlucky, probably hit the woodwork 5 times:rolleyes:

Jumped on the following for small stakes.

Pats/UCD Double (8.55)

Bohs ht / pats ft (986)
    Dundalk ht / UCD ft

Draw ht / pats ft (44.50)
    draw ht / UCD ft

good man this looks very, very likely if the tips are correct, alot of loi games 0-0 at half time then goals start to fly in the second half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Npower league 2,

Swindon to beat Macclesfield @ 11/10 is the top footy bet on PP at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Npower league 2,

Swindon to beat Macclesfield @ 11/10 is the top footy bet on PP at the moment
    blank.gif Posted 29 September 2011 06:47 AM 29 September 2011 06:47 AM MACCLESFIELD TOWN v SWINDON TOWN

Football – England – League Two

Friday 30th September 2011 – Kickoff: 1945hrs

18th placed Macclesfield Town take on Swindon Town who will be looking to climb into the play-off positions should they take all three points on offer at the Moss Rose Ground in one of two matches being played tonight in League Two.

Gary Simpson’s Macclesfield have not made the best of starts in this campaign but that’s largely due to their away form which has seen them win just once on the road with four straight defeats, but at home they seem a little more solid and are unbeaten in their last four with a current record of 2-2-1 8/3. Resounding victories over AFC Wimbledon 4-0 and Northampton Town 3-1 will be a warning to a travelling Swindon Town outfit if they’re expecting an easy game.

The Silkmen have also drawn against Bristol Rovers 0-0 and the league leaders Morecambe 1-1, whilst losing their opening home fixture to Dagenham & Redbridge 0-1.

Leading scorer is forward Ben Tomlinson (5 goals, 1 assist) in just 6 starts and has the likes of midfielders Ross Draper and winger Matthew Hamshaw as back-up, along with forward Waide Fairhurst. Fellow striker George Donnelly and defenders Tony Diagne & Carl Tremarco are all fighting to be fit following injuries after the Plymouth match, while midfielder Colin Daniel is definitely ruled out.

Swindon Town make the trip up north in good spirits after disposing of Barnet last Saturday 4-0 at the County Ground, but will also be aware of their need to improve on their form away from home.

Like Macclesfield, the Robins have won just once on the road which was a slightly surprising 3-0 win at big-spending Crawley Town, but have also suffered four straight defeats at the hand s of Cheltenham Town, Dagenham & Redbridge, Shrewsbury Town & Burton Albion.

Their away form stands at an unimpressive 1-0-4 4/6 and hold the worst away record in the top half of League Two. They also lost 1-2 in their last visit to Macclesfield albeit four years ago.

But the Robins do have some dangerous attacking players in the form of strikers Matt Ritchie (5 goals, 3 assists), midfielder Mehdi Kerrouche (4 goals, 2 assists), Alan Connell (3 goals) and Italian forward Raffaele De Vita (1 goal, 2 assists).

You may be a bit surprised by my selection in this fixture therefore, but I think Macclesfield might just edge this one being at home and Swindon’s poor away form to date. I’ll take them with the +0.5 handicap on offer to be on the safe side.

Main Pick: Macclesfield AH+0.5 @ 1.67 bet365

Value Pick: Macclesfield straight win @ 3.27 Pinnacle well worth a shot I’d say
    What now? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Single
    St Pats 6/4

Single
    Ucd 11/4

Single
    Cork to score 3 or more goals 11/10

UCD : Mark McGinley(G), Thomás Boyle(D), Hugh Douglas(D), Mick Leahy(D), David O'Connor(D), Paul Corry(M),Dean Marshall(M),Darren Meenan(M), Paul O'Conor(M), Stephen Doyle(F),Graham Rusk(F)
    Ger Barron (Sub), Samir Belhout(Sub), Danny Fallon(Sub), Mark Langtry(Sub), Daniel Ledwith(Sub), Chris Lyons(Sub), Barry McCabe(Sub)

Dundalk : Paul Murphy (G) Cian Byrne (D) Simon Madden (D) Carl McHugh (D) Greg Bolger (M) Ross Gaynor (M) Stephen McDonnell (M) Keith Ward (M) Johnny Breen (F) Jason Byrne (F) Peter Cherrie (Sub) Philip Duffy (Sub) Conor McDonald (Sub) Chris Reilly (Sub)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Lol,

Bohs ht / pats ft
    Dundalk ht / UCD ft

960/1
    2 euro free bet on that for the laugh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭elefant

Sorry I ever doubted ye Rosenborg :p

-1 (and -2!) came in

elefant wrote: »
    Sorry I ever doubted ye Rosenborg :p

-1 (and -2!) came in

jesus would have been a nice bet at half time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Yeah that prob is the only dodgy one but of the other prem games on saturday that looks like other than united game (odds are joke) has goals in it. Well see what happens anyway!

Looks like bettingzone are of the same thinking on the Wolves/Newcastle game. Id go for it as won last week on the same type but considering Ive 3 of the selections already Il concentrate on my own ;)

http://www.bettingzone.co.uk/football/betting/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=betting/11/09/30/manual_135101.html&BID=3711

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Single
    St Pats 6/4

Single
    Ucd 11/4

Single
    Cork to score 3 or more goals 11/10

1 up 2 till go :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,374 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Got to stop listening to 365 tip

Headshot wrote: »

what was it headshot?

evosteo wrote: »
    what was it headshot?

overs in a Belgium game

Headshot wrote: »
    evosteo wrote: »
    what was it headshot?

What was it? their strike is usually pretty good,

8/10 last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Wheres the tips on bet 365??:confused:

Wheres the tips on bet 365??:confused:
    It's 365tip.com, not bet365 ;)

• Advertisement

What was it? their strike is usually pretty good,

8/10 last night

must of been a once off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭elefant

I really do love this thread. Another profitable day, thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

elefant wrote: »
    Rosenborg -1 vs. Lillestrom. Lillestrom lost their last 5 without scoring a single goal.

Cheers bud, i followed you there - a bit squeezy bum at the start but worked out ok :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Radonman wrote: »
    Cheers bud, i followed you there - a bit squeezy bum at the start but worked out ok :D

Squeezy? ;) :pac:

Does anyone have a preview of the Argentina Belgrano v Argentinos Juniors match ?

Iv looked around in the couple of betting forums but no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

clearodara wrote: »
    The best way to I've found to research games for over 1.5 is to go to soccerway.com and select the game and click the home teams preious 5 results and the away teams previous 5 away results. If either team has under 1.5 goals in any game then omit them from your bet.

From your method Clearodara I've went through all the English top leagues and came out with this:

Over 1.5 - Nottm Forest v Birmingham: Total Goals U/O 1.5 2/7
    Over 1.5 - Leyton Orient v Preston: Total Goals U/O 1.5 2/9
    Over 1.5 - Sheffield Utd v Charlton: Total Goals U/O 1.5 2/7
    Over 1.5 - Brentford v Huddersfield: Total Goals U/O 1.5 2/7
    Over 1.5 - Port Vale v Rotherham: Total Goals U/O 1.5 1/4
    Over 1.5 - Torquay v Morecambe: Total Goals U/O 1.5 1/4

Crawley Plymouth is also over 1.5 but @1/7 I'm gonna leave it.Only 3/1 but sure its worth a shot!

Boylesports had the best price on all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

^^^^Surely Leeds are worth a go too? :P The over 2.5 kings..

Yardie wrote: »
    Premiership Cards:

Going through refs and games this weekend there is a few standout games for high potential.

Everton vs Liverpool- Derby game with Martin Atkinson in Charge. Atkinson already dished out 5 reds and 33 yellows this season. 11 red cards in last 13 Merseyside derbies. The last couple haven't been too wild but with Atkinson in charge he won't let much go. Red card is 12/5 on WH and over 56 card index is 10/11 on stanjames which looks best best in this one. Adam,Suarez, Neville, Carragher, Coates and Fellaini all to be considered to be shown a card

Sunderland vs West Brom:Lee Mason in charge- 19 cards in 3 prem games this year. Both sides have poor discipline record this year. Sunderlnad weree toothless against Norwich so Bruce likely to have them fired up at home. Cattermole and Scharner in player markets to be looked at. Over45 booking points is 6/4 on vic chandler

Blackburn vs Man CIty: Phil Dowd in charge. 33 cards in 6 games this year. Both these sides ge quite number of cards, Blackburn in particular- let's hope Salgado, Nzonzi et al are fit to start. De jong could be back for City which is always good for card index. Balotelli could be inline for a start too!
    Over 45 card index is 13/10 on Vic Chandler.
    Already went with last two, but not sure about Everton-Liverpool. 6.5 line is quite high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

user2011 wrote: »
    Dont question Keith just listen
    SHERIFF!!!
    ;)

Edit: My main bet UCD dnb and as Keith is about i'll follow him :D

:D get in pretty handy in the end for them.. Pats :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Couple more for tomorrow...

10er double:
    E.Sinclair Insurebet @ 10/3