Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Lets have another stab at the overs 1.5 for tomorrow.

ac2y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Lets have another stab at the overs 1.5 for tomorrow.

ac2y.jpg

The over 1.5's is getting popular!

I don't think there really worthwhile, 1/7 and 1/8 shots, I just dont think there worth the risk,

I'd personally see better value in a small over 2.5 accum of 3 or 4 teams max, would give better odds, fair enough it might be less likely, but it is less teams and less wagered.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I don't think there really worthwhile, 1/7 and 1/8 shots, I just dont think there worth the risk,

I'd personally see better value in a small over 2.5 accum of 3 or 4 teams max, would give better odds, fair enough it might be less likely, but it is less teams and less wagered.

Possibly. But the way I see it is, if you're looking at a match 2 goals to be scored in a match is likely enough. Sometimes when teams go 2-0 up or whatever they tend to sit back and not push to get the 3rd and defend stoutly.

Think about the teams in the match you're betting on, can you really see them being involved in a match with only 1 goal? :)

Tend to agree too but just a little experiement for the weekend ;):pac:

Looking at the Dutch games they have a tonne of goals, fancy goals galore in the Arsenal, Chelsea games and Palermo are scoring well of late too at home but also conceding. Finish it off with Porto which should be banker too.. Its looks decent though even if it is a 7 game accum.. again:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im liking these both anytime scorers

Adebayor 11/10
    L Remy 13/10

edit

aint it fair bad pp dont have a goal scorers market for Udinese match

****ers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

The 6fold I did yesterday has all but come in waiting on the game tomorrow.I'm pretty sure the lowest odds I had in it was 1/4,Maybe 2/9?A few 2/7s too so the value wasn't too bad.I actually left Crawley out because their value was so bad.

From looking into it yesterday Boylesports seem the only crowd giving decent odds on this.

After my dodgy late night double coming in the other night I figure I'll chance my arm again:pac:

Caracas and Univ. de Chile to win 3/4.Both sides top of their respective leagues,Dominating home games and playing mid-table sides who aren't travelling well.

Apprehensive about Caracas as its a derby.But its done now so I may wait and see.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im loooking at Sagna 23/10 to be booked tomorrow. He'll be up against Bale so it will be trouble for him

the odds on Frimpong and song @8/11 are fair bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I was thinking the same myself.
    Even with odds around around 2/7 or 1/4 u need 6 games to get about 3/1.

Tho some people tho seem to be having sucess so far especially Samich.

I suppose it can't be that good a thing,Nothing ever is.I'm gna stick with it until it burns me:P

Over 1.5 Lecce v Cagliari
    Alternative Total Goals 02/10/2011 1/3
    Over 1.5 BK Hacken v Trelleborgs FF
    Alternative Total Goals 02/10/2011 2/11
    Over 1.5 - Groningen v Ajax: Total Goals U/O 1.5 1/6
    Over 1.5 - Feyenoord v ADO Den Haag: Total Goals U/O 1.5 1/6

Those are the "certs" tomorrow,2 are with Bet365 and 2 with Boylesports.They're not great value by any stretch but I just thought I'd post them up out of interest to see how they do.I'm gonna stick 2 each in 2 seperate accums with some better looking bets odds-wise anyways.

• Advertisement

I never take the PP special but tomorrows looks good

Chelsea, Celtic, Barca and Real 3/1.

They're also refunding bets in the Arsenal game if Ade scores

edit, not gonna bother with the enhanced, PP annoy me, its advertised elsewhere on the site as 7/2 and customer support wont honour it, yet they still advertise it. muppets

I see PP have a MB on the Spurs-Arsenal game if Adebayor scores.

Was thinking Insurebet @ 11/4 but obvious makes more sense to go for him 1st scorer now @ 9/2:pac:

bradlente wrote: »
    After my dodgy late night double coming in the other night I figure I'll chance my arm again:pac:

Caracas and Univ. de Chile to win 3/4.Both sides top of their respective leagues,Dominating home games and playing mid-table sides who aren't travelling well.

Apprehensive about Caracas as its a derby.But its done now so I may wait and see.:o

Univ Chile have conceded 2 goals in the last 2 minutes after being 2 up,gutted!Its worse because I was gna back the others for dub chance at 2 down but got greedy:(

HT Arsenal/FT Spurs for me tomorrow.No reason tbh just wouldn't be suprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Hope i don't regret this, but i've done my research and with Bolton missing a few players (Kakuta can't play, Jaskelainen is a doubt, Klasnic, Houlden & Wheater are out) and Chelsea only missing (if you can call it that even!) Torres, i really can't see anything other than a Chelsea win.

Bolton without a win since the opening day, Chelsea looking better since the Man United loss. Bolton have a brutal record against Chelsea too. Mata, Drogba, Anelka - there should be goals in this.

Taken Chelsea - 1 @5/4

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭SD1990

saw the same pp mentioned above. Celtic Chelsea Barca Real 7/2

looks good to me but little to no knowledge of SPL. Some insight on hearts/celtic game?

Also looking at spurs DNB at 1/2. Dont have the stones to back them straight but see them winning this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

bradlente wrote: »
    I suppose it can't be that good a thing,Nothing ever is.I'm gna stick with it until it burns me:P

Over 1.5 Lecce v Cagliari
    Alternative Total Goals 02/10/2011 1/3
    Over 1.5 BK Hacken v Trelleborgs FF
    Alternative Total Goals 02/10/2011 2/11
    Over 1.5 - Groningen v Ajax: Total Goals U/O 1.5 1/6
    Over 1.5 - Feyenoord v ADO Den Haag: Total Goals U/O 1.5 1/6

Those are the "certs" tomorrow,2 are with Bet365 and 2 with Boylesports.They're not great value by any stretch but I just thought I'd post them up out of interest to see how they do.I'm gonna stick 2 each in 2 seperate accums with some better looking bets odds-wise anyways.
    Heart-Celtic also fits, as well as Fiorentina - Lazio, Leipzing - Plausen, Wolfsburg II - Havelse (odds under 1/5 though), Austria - Salzburg, Germinal - Club Brugge, Mosta - Hamrun Spartans (odds under 1/5 though), Spartak - Zenit, Sion - Lausanne (odds under 1.5 though). And question - do we exclude teams if their only 0:0 was in friendly match?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Chelsea Over 11 Corners
    Evs Bet365

All of Boltons home games so far this season have produced over 11 corners, and Chelsea's Away games have produced 10, 11, 14 corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

The PP Potty price today is Adebayor 11/2 for 1st goal.

You just have to ring up and say you got an email with the above bet in it and quote potty price.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Chelsea V Bolton.

Bolton are having a terrible season so far. They are sitting at the bottom of the league with only three points and that came from the first game of the season (a win against Qpr). Bolton have also conceded for fun this year, they conceded 16 in total and 10 of them came at home. Chelsea are going ok this season without setting the world alight, but you would expect them to be in trouble a small bit because Andre Villas-Boas is turning a defensive side into an offensive side. Chelsea are sitting in fourth position at the moment.

Team News -

Bolton - on-loan Gael Kakuta is ineligible as he cannot face his parent club, David Wheater and Ivan Klasnic are suspended, and goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen is doubtful with a leg knock. All so looks like Lee, Mears, Alonso, Ricketts are out.

Chelsea - Torres is suspended but no new injury news.

Stats - Opta
    Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 15 Premier League games against Bolton (W12 D3 L0) with the Blues winning the last six in a row and not conceding in the last four.

Bolton have lost the last eight Premier League games in a row at the Reebok versus Chelsea, the longest losing run of any team at home to a single opponent.

Bolton haven’t scored in that eight game run and hold the record for the longest run of home games against a single opponent without scoring in Premier League history.

Bolton have lost their last five home matches, their longest run in the history of top flight football. Oddly, before this run, they won five matches in a row at the Reebok Stadium.

Nicolas Anelka has scored five goals in his last eight Premier League games against Bolton.

Didier Drogba has scored five goals in his last six appearances against Bolton in all competitions and in his last two games at the Reebok Stadium.

Bets.

Over 2.5 @ 4/6 & Over 2.5 in first half @ 11/2

With Bolton conceding for fun and past history in this fixture it looks a good bet. Also so far this year out of the 3 homes games Bolton had and the 3 away games Chelsea had over 2.5 happened 5/6 and in the first half it was 3/6.

2010/2011 Mon 24 Jan Bolton Wanderers 0 - 4 Chelsea Premier League
    2010/2011 Wed 29 Dec Chelsea 1 - 0 Bolton Wanderers Premier League
    2009/2010 Tue 13 Apr Chelsea 1 - 0 Bolton Wanderers Premier League
    2009/2010 Sat 31 Oct Bolton Wanderers 0 - 4 Chelsea Premier League
    2009/2010 Wed 28 Oct Chelsea 4 - 0 Bolton Wanderers League Cup
    2008/2009 Sat 11 Apr Chelsea 4 - 3 Bolton Wanderers Premier League
    2008/2009 Sat 06 Dec Bolton Wanderers 0 - 2 Chelsea Premier League

Also I'm backing Chelsea - 1 (7/5) and Chelsea -2 (3/1)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

robbie1977 wrote: »
    The PP Potty price today is Adebayor 11/2 for 1st goal.

You just have to ring up and say you got an email with the above bet in it and quote potty price.

betfred go a measly 4s but double/trebles it if he scores 2 or 3
    i could see him getting a couple myself so hopefully he gets the first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

Celtic v Hearts today: Celtic will destroy them, 8/13 with pp, also Celtic -1 is 17/10, big grudge match after what happened there last season, Celtic will come out all guns blazing.............GET ON.....

The potty price is pretty much insurebet as they're offering refunds if he scores at all

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Hender

SNORBEAST wrote: »
    Celtic v Hearts today: Celtic will destroy them, 8/13 with pp, also Celtic -1 is 17/10, big grudge match after what happened there last season, Celtic will come out all guns blazing.............GET ON.....

Anyone thinking of lumping MAY wanna look at this 1st
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15051297.stm

Anyone to lazy to click the link....match goes ahead but seemingly it's been pishing in edinburgh overnight....wouldnt touch -1 myself..actually...considerin recent form....WOULDNT TOUCH CELTIC EITHER!!

Hender wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of lumping MAY wanna look at this 1st
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15051297.stm

Anyone to lazy to click the link....match goes ahead but seemingly it's been pishing in edinburgh overnight....wouldnt touch -1 myself..actually...considerin recent form....WOULDNT TOUCH CELTIC EITHER!!

They were very impressive mid-week in the Europa match, and Lennon will have them fired up for this match big time.

Greuter can go top with an away win today at 12:30 to 15th place Karlsrugher

1st half asian 0.00, -0.05 @ 1.925

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

SNORBEAST wrote: »
    They were very impressive mid-week in the Europa match, and Lennon will have them fired up for this match big time.

Udinese rested alot of there first team players Celtic still couldnt beat them. Thats not to say Celtic wont win today

magherakid wrote: »
    Udinese rested alot of there first team players Celtic still couldnt beat them. Thats not to say Celtic wont win today

They were robbed of a victory by one of the worst penalty decisions I have ever seen, they looked pretty good all over the pitch, This game is almost as big as an Old Firm game in the eyes of Lennon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Celtic, Chelsea, Feyenoord & St Liege 22/5

Anytime Goalscorer Treble
    Drogba, Adebayor & Hooper 10/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement