Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Boyles have messi 8/1 and ronaldo 10/1 for hattricks tonight when best prices on oddschecker are 13/2 and 8/1 2 euro double returns 198 :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Nice bets on Chelsea duno y I didn't back them today,Figured Bolton had to get going somewhere.Wasn't today anyway!

Ajax only won 1-0 so thats one of those "certs" that didn't come in.2 of the others came in and 1 running.Not much point at those odds...
    stingerro wrote: »
    Heart-Celtic also fits, as well as Fiorentina - Lazio, Leipzing - Plausen, Wolfsburg II - Havelse (odds under 1/5 though), Austria - Salzburg, Germinal - Club Brugge, Mosta - Hamrun Spartans (odds under 1/5 though), Spartak - Zenit, Sion - Lausanne (odds under 1.5 though). And question - do we exclude teams if their only 0:0 was in friendly match?

Didn't check any of those leagues bar Serie A,Must've missed Fiorentina Lazio somehow.

I excluded teams yesterday who had it in friendlies but I think for domestic cups and friendlies it might be ok to make exceptions.

Very early in the season still of course,Might prove a bit more fruitful after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

Im a bit confused here does over 3 goals mean 3 or more goals guys ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Placed a bet on corners FT: Tottenham -1.5 and Barca -2.5. Don't think there is a HT option on bet365.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

AH92 wrote: »

over 3.5 is 4 or more goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

AH92 wrote: »

Over 3 goals so would have to be 4 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

2 singles anda double Messi Ronaldo FGS

Also for the lulz 2 singles anda double Gijon Espanyol dub chance :-p.tiny stakes.

Yardie wrote: »
    Two bets that have treated me well latley so gonna keep faith-

Spurs over 3 corners in 1st half 7/5

Spurs -1.5 Asian Corner handicap @ 17/20 looks good too.

Mike Dean in charge so good chance of cards- Adebayor to get a card and a goal 8/1 on William Hill
    Ufff, happy that I choosed only this one. Paids off for morning New Zealand disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

SNORBEAST wrote: »
    Celtic v Hearts today: Celtic will destroy them, 8/13 with pp, also Celtic -1 is 17/10, big grudge match after what happened there last season, Celtic will come out all guns blazing.............GET ON.....

:rolleyes:

alri lads anything worth getting on to tonight? i see barca and real are both playing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    utd -2
    city -1
    chelsea -1
    spurs win
    50 wins a grand.:D:D

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ffs that rooney chip right at the end did me out of a grand

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Barcelona Team Valdés, Alves, Mascherano, Abidal, Adriano, Sergio Busquets, Xavi, Thiago, Pedro, Messi and Villa

Barcelona -2 5/4
    Barcelona to win both halves 11/10
    Messi hat trick 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Superfint wrote: »
    Hope i don't regret this, but i've done my research and with Bolton missing a few players (Kakuta can't play, Jaskelainen is a doubt, Klasnic, Houlden & Wheater are out) and Chelsea only missing (if you can call it that even!) Torres, i really can't see anything other than a Chelsea win.

Bolton without a win since the opening day, Chelsea looking better since the Man United loss. Bolton have a brutal record against Chelsea too. Mata, Drogba, Anelka - there should be goals in this.

Taken Chelsea - 1 @5/4

GET IN THERE!
    Done singles and a double - Barca -2 @ 5/4 and Real -1 @ 5/6
    Hopefully comfy wins for both, and i can go down and buy a new xbox with Paddys money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

user2011 wrote: »
    Two bets for me Spurs win and Over 3.5 fingers crossed. Hopefully a good game... well at least better then Uniteds yesterday :pac:

Not happy at all. Bale the silly fecker how did he miss the whole goal :eek::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Over 2.5 Goals (Barca game)

Double - Real (-2) and Barca (-2)

Double Real (-1) barca (-1 1st half)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Over 3.5 Madrid game, 2.5 Lyon PSG game and over 2.5 in play barca game @ 6.5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Superfint wrote: »
    Hope i don't regret this, but i've done my research and with Bolton missing a few players (Kakuta can't play, Jaskelainen is a doubt, Klasnic, Houlden & Wheater are out) and Chelsea only missing (if you can call it that even!) Torres, i really can't see anything other than a Chelsea win.

Bolton without a win since the opening day, Chelsea looking better since the Man United loss. Bolton have a brutal record against Chelsea too. Mata, Drogba, Anelka - there should be goals in this.

Taken Chelsea - 1 @5/4

Nice 1, followed ya on this..made up for St. Pats bet on friday. Up £25 for wknd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

First wkend in a while Im down on profit:( I see Porto match has brokon the overs already too. Just my luck that I pick the only Dutch game that hits under 1.5 goals to let me down in the accum:rolleyes: Just as well weve an international break next week:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Something that could be interesting for tomorrow:

Fortuna Dusseldorf have won their last 3 games with the same scoreline: 4-2

http://www.soccerway.com/teams/germany/dusseldorfer-tus-fortuna-1895-ev/

EDIT: 4-2 is at 64.00 :D

Something that could be interesting for tomorrow:

Fortuna Dusseldorf have won their last 3 games with the same scoreline: 4-2

http://www.soccerway.com/teams/germany/dusseldorfer-tus-fortuna-1895-ev/

EDIT: 4-2 is at 64.00 :D
    Today I forgot to put a bet on 0:0 in Fairense match, their last five at home ended in 0:0 :cool:

Today it was still a draw, but 2:2.

• Advertisement

^With the luck I have at the moment, if I bet on Dusseldorf tomorrow they'll lose :p

Done this double with a very small stake
    Boca Juniors to win 1-0
    0-0 at half time in the Gremio - Cruzeiro game

these are the most likely scorelines according to the bookmakers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

^With the luck I have at the moment, if I bet on Dusseldorf tomorrow they'll lose :p

Done this double with a very small stake
    Boca Juniors to win 1-0
    0-0 at half time in the Gremio - Cruzeiro game

these are the most likely scorelines according to the bookmakers :pac:

..sorry mate, Gremio 1 up after 5mins

thinking of following ye and getting on Dussledorf, 17/10 on pp

that or a i may opt for an over 2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

**IMPORTANT SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT**

Advanced notice of outage in the early hours of Monday 3rd October

This is just a quick heads up to let you know paddypower.com will not be available for a few hours late Sunday night/Monday morning.

Due to necessary upgrade work, the website will be inaccessible between the hours of 2am and 7am on Monday 3rd October. This will also temporarily close our Mobile and Dial-A-Bet services.

Although we know you'll more than likely be tucked away in bed with a hotwater bottle at that hour, we thought we'd tell you in case you were planning to place a bet on the live sporting action happening during this time.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

The team at Paddy Power

lol they are finally fixing their site :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Shane St. wrote: »
    utd -2
    city -1
    chelsea -1
    spurs win
    50 wins a grand.:D:D

I look at this and wonder how the hell it didn't come up
    utd looked the banker to me

would have been the best pick in a long time had it come up

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

mailburner wrote: »

im bitter for ya nevermind how you feel! was nearly an unreal bet hard luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

mailburner wrote: »

Yeah I had it myself. I wouldn't mind but I was looking at the United bet and considering swapping the (-2) to City instead but cedided that United had more chance of doing it. Then to see Rooney miss by inches at the end - gutted doesn't come close.

wprathead wrote: »
    ..sorry mate, Gremio 1 up after 5mins

thinking of following ye and getting on Dussledorf, 17/10 on pp

that or a i may opt for an over 2.5

ah **** I hesitated between Gremio 1-0 at HT and 0-0 :( at least they were right about Boca winning 1-0.

I'm gonna give this one more try.

EDIT: I've gone for Besiktas to win 1-0 at half time, this is the 2nd most likely scoreline, the 1st one being 0-0.

and Aalesund to win 2-0

and a double that should see me in profit even if the two singles above lose:

Aalesund
    Besiktas DNB

After careful research I found zero games fitting over 1.5 goals criteria for today.

stingerro wrote: »
    After careful research I found zero games fitting over 1.5 goals criteria for today.

Inter Turku, Midtjyland, Slavia Sofia?

• Advertisement

Inter Turku, Midtjyland, Slavia Sofia?
    Nope, nope and nope ;). Only some low league teams... but usually over 1.5 isn't a possibility to bet on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement