Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,783 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anyone else think Gil Vicente look great value at Evs? They have done well considering their tough start to the season and i think will win at home. While also i think Besiktas look great value at 11/10 think i will put them in with whatever picks i choose from the darts for later.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Besiktas and Fortuna DNB double at 2/1 on PP,worth a go for me anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 IfreedTheweed

I like Midtjylland and Fortuna Dusseldorf double chance, it's 2.59

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

Just for the interest tonight, I've gone for a UCD/Limerick double - €5 returns €108.

Chose UCD to beat Pats in the League simply because they're 5/1 at home and have beaten us (Bohs) 2-0 and Dundalk 3-0 in their last 2 games, both at home.

Limerick at 13/5 to beat Shels away in the cup - they won at Tolka in the league a couple of weeks ago and Shels have lost their last two home games. Limerick on a very good run, unbeaten in 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

stingerro wrote: »
    Nope, nope and nope ;). Only some low league teams... but usually over 1.5 isn't a possibility to bet on.

yes, yes and maybe :p I was right about Slavia and Inter, we'll see about Midtjylland later :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

- bo - wrote: »
    Just for the interest tonight, I've gone for a UCD/Limerick double - €5 returns €108.

Chose UCD to beat Pats in the League simply because they're 5/1 at home and have beaten us (Bohs) 2-0 and Dundalk 3-0 in their last 2 games, both at home.

Limerick at 13/5 to beat Shels away in the cup - they won at Tolka in the league a couple of weeks ago and Shels have lost their last two home games. Limerick on a very good run, unbeaten in 8.

I wouldn't go near the Limerick game. It's a cup match and you really wouldn't know how interested the sides/managers will be in this. Both teams would prefer to go up instead of getting to the next round of the cup.

UCD are in a good form at the moment, with them winning their last 4 home games. Also they won 3-0 on Friday night. While St Pat's are a better side (on paper) they are in patchy form and have played alot of games over the last couple of weeks. Danny North (hamstring) and Daryl Kavanagh (knee) are also considered doubtful for the game tonight for Pat's. They drew last Friday against Boh's and most of Pat's games go under 2.5 on the road (11/16), so unders at even's looks a good bet because Pat's will find it hard without North and Kavanagh. Pat's also seem to draw nil all a lot at half time (6 in the last 8 away games) so 12/5 @ bet365 could be a good bet.

Also UCD draw no bet at 9/2 with bet365 looks a good value bet.

I'll be waiting for Team News before I bet though

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Boca Juniors won 1-0 yet again last night I read, shame I wasn't around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Is PP down for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just on Shels - Limerick tonight, Limerick are missing a good few of their top players:

Injured: Shaun Kelly, Stephen O’Flynn
    Doubtful: None.
    Suspended: Joe Gamble, Jeffery Judge
    Cup Tied: Rory Gaffney, Shaun Kelly

I'd be waiting to see the team news, but if Shels have any strong side out I'd be tempted to say Shels -1.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Is PP down for everyone?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

they had it down last night for a age bet did give notice there some bunch of nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Got my bet done on my phone. The App is working.

Gil Vicente Evs
    Aalesunds 4/6
    Midtjylland/Horsens Ov 2.5G 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

yes, yes and maybe :p I was right about Slavia and Inter, we'll see about Midtjylland later :)
    Maybe you were right... this time. But they didn't fit criteria I use :cool:

EDIT: I've gone for Besiktas to win 1-0 at half time, this is the 2nd most likely scoreline, the 1st one being 0-0.

And...0-0 at HT, how typical, If I had bet on the 1st most likely score, (0-0) I'm sure it would be 1-0 now with the luck I'm having...

what up with pp live betting they gone bust

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Fonze07 wrote: »
    Yes

Yes same here :mad:

darts starting aswell.

Yardie do u bet on the darts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

They just told me 'all problems have been resolved, if you delete your browsing history and restart the site it will update for you'

still no go here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Yeah same as:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

on Coma 5/6 (v Foggia) in Seria c1a

PP working for me, using Chrome
    tried it there and doesn't work for me on Explorer

• Advertisement

Team news is in and Pat's are missing some players so I'm going to do the above bets

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Just on Shels - Limerick tonight, Limerick are missing a good few of their top players:

I'd be waiting to see the team news, but if Shels have any strong side out I'd be tempted to say Shels -1.

Have shels a strong team out?

magherakid wrote: »
    Have shels a strong team out?

From what I know of the Shell's team (not much) and from watching them the other week they seem to have there key players playing like Philip Hughes & Cassidy... All so it looks only a couple of changes from last Friday's team and he's gone 442

Limerick made a good couple of changes from last Friday's match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 IfreedTheweed

I like Midtjylland and Fortuna Dusseldorf double chance, it's 2.59
    A good start to my Boards Gambling career :)

gudede wrote: »
    I wouldn't go near the Limerick game. It's a cup match and you really wouldn't know how interested the sides/managers will be in this. Both teams would prefer to go up instead of getting to the next round of the cup.

UCD are in a good form at the moment, with them winning their last 4 home games. Also they won 3-0 on Friday night. While St Pat's are a better side (on paper) they are in patchy form and have played alot of games over the last couple of weeks. Danny North (hamstring) and Daryl Kavanagh (knee) are also considered doubtful for the game tonight for Pat's. They drew last Friday against Boh's and most of Pat's games go under 2.5 on the road (11/16), so unders at even's looks a good bet because Pat's will find it hard without North and Kavanagh. Pat's also seem to draw nil all a lot at half time (6 in the last 8 away games) so 12/5 @ bet365 could be a good bet.

Also UCD draw no bet at 9/2 with bet365 looks a good value bet.

I'll be waiting for Team News before I bet though

One bet won but still small profit so that what counts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

thoughts on Sligo v Dundalk

Sligo good for the -1 handicap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Making out my weekend accumaltor for the euro 2012 games do ye wreckon scotland and northern Ireland will win they're my only doubts? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Anyone any tips on the Godoy Cruz orAudax Italiano games?

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Making out my weekend accumaltor for the euro 2012 games do ye wreckon scotland and northern Ireland will win they're my only doubts? :confused:

Not sure why you'd think N. Ireland will win. Estonia were clearly the better team in Tallinn, they already won in Serbia and Slovenia and have a chance to qualify for the play offs. Do what you want, but I know I'll have a bet on Estonia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Stephen O'Flynn magically recovered from injury and made an appearence.

On the -1, Shels should have easily covered it, 1st half was all Shels, some absolutely class football played, 2nd half they came out and just didn't seem bothered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement