Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Shels good for the win against bohs?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Headshot wrote: »
    Shels good for the win against bohs?

Shels???? :D Rovers!!!!

I think Bohs are over priced to be honest. There form over the last two matches isn't that bad. They lost 2-0 away to UCD and then drew 0-0 at home against Pat's. Pat's also lost away 2-1 to UCD and the other week Pat's drew 1-1 against Rovers at home. I like the draw no bet @ 4/1 with Stan James but they would only leave me spend €7 on it :confused: what the f### :mad: I'm also going to back the draw at 3/1 with VC. This game will be tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,783 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Albinoleffe v Padova over 2.5 goals 4/5.

Albinoleffe last three home games 2-2, 2-1 and 1-3. Padova last four away games 2-2, 1-4, 2-2 and 2-4.

Citadella v Modena over 2.5 goals 11/10.

Citadella last four home games 2-1, 1-4, 4-2 and 1-3. Modena last three away games 4-1, 2-1 and 2-0.

Anyway covering this double or is their even much point. Done a €5acc earlier both horse won and waiting on over 2.5 goals in both these games for €100.

Albinoleffe v Padova over 2.5 goals 4/5.

Albinoleffe last three home games 2-2, 2-1 and 1-3. Padova last four away games 2-2, 1-4, 2-2 and 2-4.

Citadella v Modena over 2.5 goals 11/10.

Citadella last four home games 2-1, 1-4, 4-2 and 1-3. Modena last three away games 4-1, 2-1 and 2-0.

Anyway covering this double or is their even much point. Done a €5acc earlier both horses won and waiting on over 2.5 goals in both these games for €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

gudede wrote: »
    Shels???? :D Rovers!!!!

I think Bohs are over priced to be honest. There form over the last two matches isn't that bad. They lost 2-0 away to UCD and then drew 0-0 at home against Pat's. Pat's also lost away 2-1 to UCD and the other week Pat's drew 1-1 against Rovers at home. I like the draw no bet @ 4/1 with Stan James but they would only leave me spend €7 on it :confused: what the f### :mad: I'm also going to back the draw at 3/1 with VC. This game will be tight.

lol im not sure why i said shels. Maybe I was thinking of asking gavin

anyway

FFC Turbine Potsdam Ladies v Thor

Womens CL match. I dont like betting on womens soccer (because its crap) but Potsdam beat thor 6-0 in the first leg is maybe a bet of like Potsdam to win by 4 or more goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Anyway covering this double or is their even much point. Done a €5acc earlier both horses won and waiting on over 2.5 goals in both these games for €100.

A double and 2 singles on under 2.5 in both?Upto yourself really,Surely worth it to guarantee some winnings though.

bradlente wrote: »
    A double and 2 singles on under 2.5 in both?Upto yourself really,Surely worth it to guarantee some winnings though.

Ye im considering covering it as it only cost me €5. I stronly fancy unders in the Padova game but dont wat to just place a single on the other game incase the Padova game doesnt come up.

^^Have you done anything?Its definitely worth it.Throw 10 or 20 quid at those few bets.Rather be up a nice bit than losing a big accum like that and getting nothing for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

My bets for tonight for a bit of interest :)

1 Over 1.5 Albinoleffe v Padova
    (Alternative Total Goals) 05/10/2011 None 1.22 To Run

2 Over 1.5 Cittadella v Modena
    (Alternative Total Goals) 05/10/2011 None 1.40 To Run

3 Over 1.5 Sassuolo v Pescara
    (Alternative Total Goals) 05/10/2011 None 1.12 To Run

4 Over 1.5 Livorno v Empoli
    (Alternative Total Goals) 05/10/2011 None 1.36 To Run

5 Over 1.5 Verona v Sampdoria
    (Alternative Total Goals) 05/10/2011 None 1.36 To Run

Only works out @3.57

Ye know you've a problem when you're in here tonight....Might as well go out and bet on the cows in the field.Daisy 6/1 FGS.

Anyway,La Serena at home to Magallanes in the Chilean cup.They're 1/4 some places but 4/11 on betfair and StanJames which looks a decent price considering they're home to a side a league below them and are coming off a really good win vs Colo Colo who are 2nd in the league.They won 4-0.Only problem is Betfair aren't doing any markets on the other games I fancy.Just gna do a single then for the laugh.

Boca Unidos vs
    Chacarita Juniors looks worth a punt,7th vs bottom.Pairing that up with Toronto II away to New York Astros,Another bottom of the league job.Only 5/4 but only playing with small stakes for all of these anyway,It'd be mad to do any different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

stingerro wrote: »
    Wednesday matches which fits over 1.5 goals criteria:

Crewe Alexandra - Macclesfield (1.25)

Alboneleffe - Padova (1.25), this game also fits over 2.5 using the same criteria (1.85).

Citadella - Modena (1.40)

Sassuolo - Pescara (1.13)

Ingolstadt II - Hessen Kassel (1.16)

Stuttgarter Kickers - Worms (1.16).

Put first three games in treble (6/5), and will also go for over 2.5 with Alboneleffe - Padova.
    What a disaster. Of course it had to happen when I actually put slightly bigger money for this kind of bet :mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Anyway,La Serena at home to Magallanes in the Chilean cup.They're 1/4 some places but 4/11 on betfair and StanJames which looks a decent price considering they're home to a side a league below them and are coming off a really good win vs Colo Colo who are 2nd in the league.They won 4-0.Only problem is Betfair aren't doing any markets on the other games I fancy.Just gna do a single then for the laugh.

Actually considering backing Magellanes.
    Reason is that in the last cup round they also beat opposition from the higher league.
    And in the cup qualifiers they did very well, beating Universidad de Chile away from home.
    They seem to be old fashioned cup fighters.

September 4th:

1 Magallanes Santiago Morning v Magallanes
    (Fulltime Result) 04/09/2011 None 6.00 Won

The thing with Chilean football is that there is only one thing sure, there will be red cards and those can screw you badly. Santiago Morning had 2 red cards that macth iirc, which of course suited me well backing Magellanes.

Shame theres no market for cards eh:P

Magallanes are 11/1 on betfair now acc to oddschecker.Best price by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

Large single bet on over 2.5 goals in Gremio v Santos. 4/5
    Going by Santos away record for having overs 9 from 13, and the last 6 away in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

2/1 England + Spain victory.May wait a day and get a idea of the teams but seems solid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Thursday matches which fits over 1.5 goals criteria:

Cambridge - Stockport (1.32). Worth mentioning that last 6 Stockport games on the road ended with 1:1 :cool:

Yes, only one match.

inforfun wrote: »
    Actually considering backing Magellanes.
    Reason is that in the last cup round they also beat opposition from the higher league.
    And in the cup qualifiers they did very well, beating Universidad de Chile away from home.
    They seem to be old fashioned cup fighters.

September 4th:

1 Magallanes Santiago Morning v Magallanes
    (Fulltime Result) 04/09/2011 None 6.00 Won

The thing with Chilean football is that there is only one thing sure, there will be red cards and those can screw you badly. Santiago Morning had 2 red cards that macth iirc, which of course suited me well backing Magellanes.

Good call man!Did you get on?

Boca Unidos vs
    Chacarita Juniors looks worth a punt,7th vs bottom.Pairing that up with Toronto II away to New York Astros,Another bottom of the league job.Only 5/4 but only playing with small stakes for all of these anyway,It'd be mad to do any different.

Lol.That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Three teams catch the eye in the Russian league 1 games today:
    Dinamo Briansk , Shinnik Yaroslavl and Torpedo Moscow. All playing good football lately and the three of them have won 4 of their last 5 games only Shinnik Yaroslavl losing 1 game the other two recording draws. All three play at home today and the treble pays just over 6/1. Throwing in Hougang United in the Singapore league who play a team who have lost their last 5 away games brings the accumulator up to 8/1 ;)

Good call man!Did you get on?

I did indeed.

Tiny money though which i regret now :o

No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
    1 Magallanes La Serena v Magallanes
    (Full Time Result) 06/10/2011 None 7.00 Won

• Advertisement

I did indeed.

Tiny money though which i regret now :o

No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
    1 Magallanes La Serena v Magallanes
    (Full Time Result) 06/10/2011 None 7.00 Won

Ah a wins a win in my book,You'd be mad to put anything substantial on a match like that.

You have more small change this morning than me anyway:pac:

clearodara wrote: »
    Three teams catch the eye in the Russian league 1 games today:
    Dinamo Briansk , Shinnik Yaroslavl and Torpedo Moscow. All playing good football lately and the three of them have won 4 of their last 5 games only Shinnik Yaroslavl losing 1 game the other two recording draws. All three play at home today and the treble pays just over 6/1. Throwing in Hougang United in the Singapore league who play a team who have lost their last 5 away games brings the accumulator up to 8/1 ;)

Torpedo look a good price @4/6.In good form against a side who have done a bit of traveling in the last 4 days.Ska won their last game 1-0 but they also got 7 bookings.Surely they have accumulated a bit of fatigue over the last few days?

Just going for the single as nothing else looks interesting to me.Might do a silly accum on the u21s if this comes in.

Over 1,5 in most, if not all, U21 matches of the day looks like something that should come in.
    Cant do the matches starting before 18.00 but the odds on over 1,5 in San Marino and Liechtenstein matches are pointless anyway.

Cant say i am convinced the Dutch U21 will get a positive result in Austria. Current squad cant convince me as a team. Enough individual talent, it just isnt a team.

Anyone else think Slovenia under 21's are overpriced at 11/2 away to Sweeden. They have won 3 out of 4 and beat Ukraine 2-0 who only got defeated in the last under 21' championships by Spain and Czech Republic the winners and runner up. While Sweeden have won 2 out of 2 but games they were expected to win. Might have a small stake on them. I will look into the game in a bit more detail first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I've done several bets for tomorrow:

Northern Ireland - Estonia : Estonia (large stake on this)

Azerbaijan - Austria : draw (home win no bet) (large stake too)

Greece - Croatia : draw

Wales - Switzerland : draw

Andorra - Ireland : draw at half time

Slovakia - Russia : Slovakia DNB

Latvia - Malta : correct score 1-0 (small stake)

double with large stake:
    Armenia
    Estonia win or draw

treble of:
    Estonia win or draw / Azerbaijan win or draw / Latvia v Malta : draw (home win no bet)

and an accum @ 16.48
    Estonia win or draw
    Slovakia win or draw
    Armenia
    Greece v Croatia : draw (home win no bet)
    Azerbaijan - Austria : draw (home win no bet)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

Over 1,5 in most, if not all, U21 matches of the day looks like something that should come in.
    Cant do the matches starting before 18.00 but the odds on over 1,5 in San Marino and Liechtenstein matches are pointless anyway.

Went fro over 1.5 in all the games, but left out the San Marino at 1/66. Just over 3/1 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

From Russia and hopefully with love!!!

D. Bryansk,Shinnik Yaroslavl and T. Moscow all to win and all at home at just over 4/1.

All have won 4/5 of their last matches whilst their opponents have only won 1/5,2/5,2/5 with the rest been a mix of wins and lose's. Far from a cert but worth a go me reckons

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Croatia U21 v Spain U21
    Georgia beat Croatia 1-0 away from home, Spain beat Georgia 2-7 and 2-0
    fancy Spain -1 Evens with Paddy Power shorter everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Andorra +3 is some bet 11/10 on bet 365.cannot see a trap team scoring 3 away.. even winning 2-0 away doesnt happen often.. all over that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Just one bet for me this weekend and staying away from internationals
    Charlton * v Tranmere
    Huddersfield * v Stevenage
    Sheff Wed * v Chesterfield
    Swindon * v Hereford
    €20 returns €118

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement