Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Croatia U21 v Spain U21
    Georgia beat Croatia 1-0 away from home, Spain beat Georgia 2-7 and 2-0
    fancy Spain -1 Evens with Paddy Power shorter everywhere else.

2-0 hope some of you followed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Thinking of doing €20 on Germany @ 6/5.
    They've called up mostly the strongest possible squad and this is a quote from the manager, Low.

''Now we want to keep our concentration high for the games against Turkey and Belgium. Our aim is to end the qualifying campaign unbeaten and with 10 wins from 10 matches.''

worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

2-0 hope some of you followed
    sure did- sound!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Croatia U21 v Spain U21
    Georgia beat Croatia 1-0 away from home, Spain beat Georgia 2-7 and 2-0
    fancy Spain -1 Evens with Paddy Power shorter everywhere else.

thanks for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Thinking of doing €20 on Germany @ 6/5.
    They've called up mostly the strongest possible squad and this is a quote from the manager, Low.

''Now we want to keep our concentration high for the games against Turkey and Belgium. Our aim is to end the qualifying campaign unbeaten and with 10 wins from 10 matches.''

worth it?

Don't forget the huge rivalry between the two countries and the fact that Turkey's manager is Guus Hiddink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,783 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

€5 acc pays €130.

Romania
    Sweeden
    England
    Armenia
    Estonia

€5 treble pays €150.

Draws
    Serbia v Italy
    Greece v Croatia
    Azerbaijan v Austria

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Nuts102 wrote: »
    €5 acc pays €130.

Romania
    Sweeden
    England
    Armenia
    Estonia

€5 treble pays €150.

Draws
    Serbia v Italy
    Greece v Croatia
    Azerbaijan v Austria

**** thats a great return on the accumaltor
    Im only getting 62 euro after puttin on 10 on:
    Armenia
    Sweeden
    France
    Ireland
    Holland
    Scotland
    Bosnia
    Latvia
    Belgium
    Portugal
    There's a fairly good chance it won't come through too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Going to do a 20 accum tomorrow (4/5 teams).

Have England to score over 1.5 at 4/5 and Sweden/ Finland over 2.5 at 10/11 so far.

Fancy Slovakia/ Russia and Ireland/ Andorra for under 2.5 but i dont do unders:rolleyes:

Nothing else stands out for me for now so anyone got 2 or 3 more additions for me?

Going to do a 20 accum tomorrow (4/5 teams).

Have England to score over 1.5 at 4/5 and Sweden/ Finland over 2.5 at 10/11 so far.

Fancy Slovakia/ Russia and Ireland/ Andorra for under 2.5 but i dont do unders:rolleyes:

Nothing else stands out for me for now so anyone got 2 or 3 more additions for me?

Czech/Spain over 2.5 11/10 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Czech/Spain over 2.5 11/10 ;)

Spain are missing some of these best players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

i cant see montenegro losing at home and think england will just play for the draw,+1 montenegro is 11/10.. the dutch -2 depending if they have a good side out are usually good for 3 or 4 goals at home.. spain will probably beat the czechs if there anything like the side that played against scotland last month.. even though spain are through i can see them winning.. wales +1 is 10/11.. swiss are over-rated,wales are on the back of 2 positive results,should have drawn at least with england and beat montenegro..cant see them losing either

Germany tempting at 5/4 or overs 10/11

Serbia Italy draw 11/5 too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bosnia, Holland, France, Portugal, Armenia, Sweden, England and Romania, any opinions on this?

Thinking about changing the crap odds on teams to -1.

Bosnia, Holland, France, Portugal, Armenia, Sweden, England and Romania, any opinions on this?

Thinking about changing the crap odds on teams to -1.

Done Armenia myself and I'm worried about it,the rest there should be grand I'd expect Romania to win

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Just one bet for me this weekend and staying away from internationals
    Charlton * v Tranmere
    Huddersfield * v Stevenage
    Sheff Wed * v Chesterfield
    Swindon * v Hereford
    €20 returns €118

Have the same only added Shrewsbury* v Barnet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Gone for Armenia with Holland -2 and Bosnia -2, pays 4s. Bosnia is the one im not 100% on but heres hoping.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Don't forget the huge rivalry between the two countries and the fact that Turkey's manager is Guus Hiddink.

And dont forget Turkey still need points to secure 2nd spot in the group.
    Call me a cynic but a German squad with a few players of Turkish decent.... i can see them handing out a favor.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I see a lot of you are considering Holland with some handicap.
    All i can say is that the team will be handicapped.
    No Sneijder, Robben, Heitinga, Stekelenburg, Affelay

There is still enough to spank Moldova if they are up for it and if there will be "natural" replacements. I fear though that Van persie will play from midfield to replace Robben and Huntelaar will be up front.
    They should replace Robben with Elia and leave RVP up front. leave everybody in te position they play for their clubs.

Good thing is that Van der Vaart and Van Persie will play together. Always good for some gallery play when they play together.

Dont think they ll beat a -2 handicap easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Three games for today for over 1.5 goals:

Malta U21 - Ukraine U21

Ulm 1846 - Normannia GrundSparta Prague (at Pardubice - 17:00)

Hvidovre - HIK

Last two matches will probably be needed to be taken In Play though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

One last bet for me today:

double of:
    Greece - Croatia : draw at HT
    Serbia - Italy : draw
    @5.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

It's risky bet, but IMO worth trying - Curacao to beat Antigua. It's now 4/1, line started with 55/10. It deserves at least 2/10 units.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

I'm slow to say this but the PP looks good, England, Spain, Germany all to win @ 6/1 - was gonna do a small accum with above in it so gonna put a small stake on this, although I feel a lot worse about its chances now then earlier:(

i think its a no go that power-play..all three would take a draw and 2 are already qualified.. theres a reason they have it up,to lure people cos there 3 big nations..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

seanhynes wrote: »
    i think its a no go that power-play..all three would take a draw and 2 are already qualified.. theres a reason they have it up,to lure people cos there 3 big nations..

Agreed but @ 6/1 gonna put a small stake on it for interest- hopefully the guys playing may want to stake a claim for there places on the plane. Its just too good to pass up imo. Finding it hard to get a bet together but i will probably do Russia to win v Slovakia @ 6/5, Slovakia are missing Hamsick and look goaless without him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Andorra vs Ireland - Under 2.5 - 13/8
    Lichtenstein vs Scotland - Under 2.5 - EVS
    Armenia - 8/11

Aw ****, just realised Scotland don't play till Saturday.

Heres a bit of a guide as to who needs what to qualify, for anyone undecided.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/07102011/58/euro-2012-qual-ten-places-grabs.html

is it possible to do team total goals over 1.5,2.5 etc like bet 365 on paddy power,cant find it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

seanhynes wrote: »
    is it possible to do team total goals over 1.5,2.5 etc like bet 365 on paddy power,cant find it??

Nah the ****ers dont have that unfortunately, only thing they have is for example

Ireland to score exactly 1 goal
    Ireland to score exactly 2 goals
    Ireland to score exactly 3 goals
    Ireland to score 4 or more goals

They really do restrict what bets they have up and limit the choices available to punters, they are one of the most cowardly online bookies around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

A few bets that I fancy tonight, unfortunately can't find market for all of them but have requested prices on pp so hopefully get a response in time.

Montenegro vs England - Under 9.5 corners @ 5/6- England matches average 6 corners per game. The first tie between sides saw only 3 corners.
    Asian Totals cards over 4 @ 1.850 on bet365. 1st match between sides saw 7 cards. Controversial ref Wolfgang Stark in charge. Money back if only 4 cards. Over 46 booking points is 6/4 on stanjames

Serbia vs Italy-red card in match @ 4/1. last match had to be postponed due to crowd trouble. Serb players applauded fans after game, bound to be alot of niggle in game. 4/1 is worth a punt.

France vs Albania- 40 points card index or higher @ 11/10 on paddy power. Albania have one of the worst discipline records and could well cover this on their own if Frnech are giving them the runaround. Ref Koukoulakis is card happy too.

Looking for price on:

Greece vs Croatia: over 3.5 cards, Howard Webb in charge. 5 cards first time teams met. Greece have been racking up alot of cards lately. Huge amount at stake.

Slovakia vs Russia- over 3.5 cards. Both have a lot to play for and likely to be some hefty challenges. Slovaks could cover this on their own. Jonas Eriksonn in charge.

Finland vs Sweden- under 3.5 cards. Two sides with good discipline records and Mark Clattenberg in charge

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement