Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

fkiely wrote: »
    South Korea -2 at evens. Looks decent value considering their recent form, especially at home. So far in qualification SK have beaten Lebanon 6-0 at home. Lebanon then beat UAE 3-1. SK will be looking to get a decent result after drawing away to Kuwait last time out so should hopefully cover the handicap.

Hope nobody followed this...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

robbie1977 wrote: »
    PP have a powerplay of Ireland Holland and Wales to win at 9/1

yet the 3 teams just to win taking the prices is 14.55/1

they are a joke of a firm

I seen that too, unbelievable to think they actually believe its enhanced :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 juxyjones

Ireland Armenia 0-0 is 8/1
    we cant score goals and certainly crapatoni wont be looking to score as usual..since a point will do.
    we havnt conceded in liek 7 also..so ithink 8/1 0-0 is tempting enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Lads please have a look and some advise on what ya think,
    germany -1 home to belguim
    turkey-2 home to azerbaijan
    hungary home to finland
    israel -1 away to malta

Pays 15.19 for a euro on pp

worried about germany and possibly hungary any thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

PP have a powerplay of Ireland Holland and Wales to win at 9/1

yet the 3 teams just to win taking the prices is 14.55/1

they are a joke of a firm

It is suppose to be Ireland Holland and Bulgaria to beat Wales. It is posted wrong on there website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    It is suppose to be Ireland Holland and Bulgaria to beat Wales. It is posted wrong on there website.

Ah yea l see now if you click on the bet it says Bulgaria.
    Might be worth doing so if bulgaria win you'd get paid as per bet slip or if wales win you have a case that it was wales you were backing as thats what it said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

seanhynes wrote: »
    any1 got any card market bets?

There is not many options tonight for cards. The game that really stands out for cards is Slovenia vs Serbia, but I can't find a market for booking index on this. The best I could find was there to be a sending off in the match on betfair. I got a small bet matched @ 4/1 for interest. Both former Yugoslav states so close rivalry. 9 cards in the first leg of this game. Red has good chance with Serbia needing to go all out for win. de Bleeckere in charge.

There is plenty of markets in the Ireland Armenia match and the line is set under/over 4.5 cards with most bookies. The ref is EDUARDO ITURRALDE GONZALEZ from Spain and he averages over 5 cards per game in his last 20 in charge. Given how much is at stake for both sides I can see a lot of fouls in the game tonight so Over 46 booking points @ 11/10 on stanjames looks a good bet. There is also great odds on William Hill for Ireland to get over 3 cards- 9/2. In the player markets Dunne,St Ledger, Whelan,Andrews and Kelly all worth considering.

The only other game with decent card options is Spain vs Scotland. The line is around 40 points with most bookies. Spain concede very few cards so you will be looking for Scotland to cover this on their own. Considering over 3.5 cards is 4/5 on bet365 this is not great value. But on William Hill Scotland to get over 3 cards is 9/4 looks fantastic value. Charlie Adam is available with Unibet at 17/10 to be shown a card which is defo worth a shot as he gonna be given runaround all night. Worth seeinbg if PaddyPower will quote a price on him. Spain on the corner handicap worth a look too.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gone for a few big odd bets tonight -

Russia 0-0 @ 40/1 :D

Unders 3.5 (Russia game) and under 2.5 (Ireland game, do not trust Trap to go for the win) @ near 3/1. Was tempted to add Germany - Belgium over 2.5 as well.

Gomez FGS @ 3/1

Uruguay Win to Nil @ 7/2

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

cadete wrote: »
    Lads please have a look and some advise on what ya think,
    germany -1 home to belguim
    turkey-2 home to azerbaijan
    hungary home to finland
    israel -1 away to malta

Pays 15.19 for a euro on pp

worried about germany and possibly hungary any thoughts

Hungary should win. Actually didn't realise how good their form was till I just checked a moment ago.

Germany (likewise Israel for that matter) on the handicap could be dodgy as Belgium are a very talented side - Hazard, Martens, Defour, Witsel, Lukaku, Kompany, Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Fellaini, Dembele and De Bruyne. Not sure of what their official squad is for tonight but majority should feature. Should be a cracking game anyway.

Turkey over the past few years have royally screwed me over some doubles and accums. Looking at their home form again though again, the win should be safe. Whether they'll cover -2, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Im on Gomez FGS every time Bayern or Germany play now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I personally think Russia are going to give Andorra a good beating tonight. Ireland should have bet them by at least 4 on Friday night and we know how many chances Russia create over there. Just feel with qualification essentially in the bag the shackles will be off & they can notch up some goals. I realise they have been poor enough finishing chances but hopefully that will change tonight. Russia -4 6/4

juxyjones wrote: »
    Ireland Armenia 0-0 is 8/1
    we cant score goals and certainly crapatoni wont be looking to score as usual..since a point will do.
    we havnt conceded in liek 7 also..so ithink 8/1 0-0 is tempting enough

I have taken this @ 10/1 on betfair but just noticed a nice option on boyles.

Boyles are refunding all first/last/anytime goalscorer markets if Armenia win. No first goalscorer is 8/1 so same as 0-0 but covers o.g or cash back if Armenia win.

Hungary should win. Actually didn't realise how good their form was till I just checked a moment ago.

Germany (likewise Israel for that matter) on the handicap could be dodgy as Belgium are a very talented side - Hazard, Martens, Defour, Witsel, Lukaku, Kompany, Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Fellaini, Dembele and De Bruyne. Not sure of what their official squad is for tonight but majority should feature. Should be a cracking game anyway.

Turkey over the past few years have royally screwed me over some doubles and accums. Looking at their home form again though again, the win should be safe. Whether they'll cover -2, who knows.

belguim have been conceading goals in the group so far i think 5 against kazachstan and azerbijain so far so im hoping germany might get a few,
    finland are poor and hungry need a win for a possible playoff place

im pretty hopefull but i too am most worried about germany

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

World Cup Qualifiers Venezuela v Argentina
    12-10-2011 01:50
    Win-Draw-Win
    Argentina @ 1/2
    World Cup Qualifiers Chile v Peru
    11-10-2011 23:45
    Time of First Goal
    After the 24th minute @ 10/11
    World Cup Qualifiers Paraguay v Uruguay
    11-10-2011 23:45
    Draw No Bet
    Uruguay @ evens
    Your Bets
    Treble
    1 line at €10.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €10.00
    Potential returns: €57.27

Denmark v Portugal tonight both are on 16 points.

A draw and Portugal top the group thanks to the head to head rule.

Also depending on other results a draw would mean Denmark qualfy straight to the finals as the best runner up in the groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Polar101

cadete wrote: »
    finland are poor and hungry need a win for a possible playoff place

No, Hungary can't get to the playoffs since they can only finish level on points with Sweden - who have a better record against them in the head-to-head matches. So Hungary doesn't have anything to play for.

PP have taken away the over 1.5 on all the games tonight, what a ****ing joke

shocksy wrote: »
    PP have taken away the over 1.5 on all the games tonight, what a ****ing joke

Its there for me

Its there for me

:confused::confused::confused: f**k knows why i cant see it so.... I've checked everywhere on a few of the games and it goes from over 0.5 up to over 4.5 skipping over 1.5...

Strange

shocksy wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused: f**k knows why i cant see it so.... I've checked everywhere on a few of the games and it goes from over 0.5 up to over 4.5 skipping over 1.5...

Strange

Heres the link

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-matches/euro-2012-qualifiers?ev_oc_grp_ids=348478#link_3090173

Leaving out Ireland game and Russia because its 1/20 over 1.5 in the remaining 20 games is 110/1 :pac:
    has to be worth a few euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

I'm following ye with the 0-0 in the Irish game at 9/1. Also went for 1-0 to Ireland at 6/1

Polar101 wrote: »
    No, Hungary can't get to the playoffs since they can only finish level on points with Sweden - who have a better record against them in the head-to-head matches. So Hungary doesn't have anything to play for.

they both won against eachother does goal difference in those games come into it?

I thought it went to overall group goal difference

I could have sworn I saw Kevin Doyle to score and Ireland to win was 9/1 earlier. It's now being advertised at 11/4.

Am I totally wrong here?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Sweden is already qualified for the play-offs
    A draw might get them direct qualification as best 2nd placed team.
    A win will qualify them for sure a best 2nd

I think it will be a draw.
    Holland missing too many players to get an easy win. Plus they were horrible against Moldova.
    Sweden might want to win but doesnt have to.
    No Ibrahimovic as he is suspended.

Backing Belgium to win in Germany, which they need, is brave. Belgium hasnt won in Germany for 101 years.

Some would say they are due :p

Slovenia vs Serbia: Card Index 60 points or more 3/1. Have to ring up to place. #Charge Paddy Power

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Some would say they are due :p

The Belgians probably think that for the last 80 years already :P

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Gone For
    Wales or draw 5/6
    Albania or draw 4/6
    Slovenia v Serbia u2.5 4/6
    Georgia v Greece u2.5 8/13

€12 returns €100

Don't usually do unders but these seem very likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I think we have a potential banker in the Carribeans:

double of:
    Antigua & Barbuda - US Virgin Islands : over 3.5
    Haiti - Curacao : over 3.5
    @1.76

I've added over 1.5 in the Norway - Cyprus game to bring the odd to 1.98

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Backed this earlier in Boyles:

Wales +1
    Portugal +1
    Norway
    France/Bosnia over 1.5 goals

€60 pays €213

Have a sneaky feeling France/Bosnia might let me down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement