Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Something for today, spot it in The Footy Tipster comment section. I will choose probably a different bet for today, but it looks decent:
    Metz vs. Le Havre
    Venue: Saint-Symphorien, Metz
    Kick-Off: 19:00
    Despite the fact that it’s still the beginning of the season, the two teams face each other for the second time already. Le Havre knocked FC Metz out of the League Cup after a nine-goal thriller back in July. Les Grenats had a 1-4 lead early in the second half, yet Le HAC managed an astonishing come back to send the match to extra time. Mendes’ goal on the 111th minute earned Le Havre qualification to the next round, where his team got eliminated at the hands of Amiens.
    FC Metz are facing an injury crisis and the list of missing players is quite long. Top-scorer Mathieu Duhamel (10 apps / 5 goals picked up an injury and he will most likely be sidelined for this match. Defender Fallou Diagne (7 apps / 1 goal) and Kalidou Koulibaly (4 apps / 0 goals) are suspended, while goalkeeper Joris Delle (9 apps) and Senegalese striker Diafra Sakho (8 apps / 0 goals) are injured. Coach Dominique Bijotat is forced to make a lot of changes both in the front line and his defense. The future looks grim, as Metz may soon find themselves in the danger zone, since they will face Troyes and Reims in the coming rounds.
    Contrary to the hosts, Le Havre is welcoming back some missing players, starting with defender Benjamin Genton (6 apps / 0 goals) and Cedric Daury is aiming to start pushing up to the table after a four-game winless run. HAC have had tough times when visiting Saint-Symphorien in the past, yet I believe that this is a golden opportunity to take a positive result on Friday. The (+0.5) Asian Handicap is looking safe to my eyes, but I will also have a slice of the Draw No Bet at odds above 3.00
    H2H STATS
    10/05/2011 Metz vs. Le Havre: 2-0 (1)
    01/03/2010 Metz vs. Le Havre: 2-0 (1)
    27/04/2007 Metz vs. Le Havre: 1-0 (1)
    My Picks: Le Havre (+0.5) @ 1.92 & Le Havre (Draw No Bet) @ 3.00

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

thomasj wrote: »
    interesting all right but I have a feeling there's one or even two upsets on the cards there (and I'm not talking about the football!)

No doubt there probaly will be.

If I can get it down to the last match,i'll be covering it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    No doubt there probaly will be.

If I can get it down to the last match,i'll be covering it!

I think it's got a good chance of coming in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

£10 on this 10 bet Acc

Over 1.5 Goals @ 2/9
    Over/Under 1.5 Goals
    Burton Albion v Cheltenham

Over 1.5 Goals @ 1/3
    Over/Under 1.5 Goals
    Nantes v Istres

Over 1.5 Goals @ 2/5
    Over/Under 1.5 Goals
    Chateauroux v Troyes

Over 1.5 Goals @ 2/9
    Over/Under 1.5 Goals
    Doncaster v Leeds

Over 1.5 Goals @ 1/6
    Over/Under 1.5 Goals
    MVV Maastricht v Helmond Sport

Over 1.5 Goals @ 1/7
    Over/Under 1.5 Goals
    Almere City v FC Zwolle

Over 1.5 Goals @ 1/6
    Over/Under 1.5 Goals
    FC Dordrecht v Sparta Rotterdam

Over 1.5 Goals @ 1/6
    Over/Under 1.5 Goals
    FC Oss v BV Veendam

Over 1.5 Goals @ 1/8
    Over/Under 1.5 Goals
    Agovv Apeldoorn v Emmen

Over 1.5 Goals @ 1/5
    Over/Under 1.5 Goals
    Den Bosch v FC Volendam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

3 doubles:

Neath
    The New Saints
    @2.37

Trans Narva
    Nomme Kalju
    (Estonian league, games are tomorrow)
    @2.24

Eintracht Frankfurt
    Trans Narva
    @2.37

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

Treble of:

TNS
    Neath Athletic
    Ein. Frankfurt

Comes to just under 3/1.

Double for tomorrow:

FC Minsk - BATE : under 2.5
    Beroe Stara (Bulgarian league)

@2.40

First winning bet of the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Danish u17 v Austria u17 (ladies), the danes are 10/11 to win - they have already beaten Italy 4-1 and Austria have beaten cyprus 2-0. Already today Italy have beaten Cyprus 3-0 so if all thing are equal the Danes shuld hammer the Austrians:):), worth a wager for sure and a bit on the handicap of (-1) @ 13/5. ps i love Danish women:eek:

Kick off at 5

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

Radonman wrote: »
    Danish u17 v Austria u17 (ladies), the danes are 10/11 to win - they have already beaten Italy 4-1 and Austria have beaten cyprus 2-0. Already today Italy have beaten Cyprus 3-0 so if all thing are equal the Danes shuld hammer the Austrians:):), worth a wager for sure and a bit on the handicap of (-1) @ 13/5. ps i love Danish women:eek:

Kick off at 5
    wot site these prices on?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just clicked into my thinking when looking through La Liga fixtures. But be weary of Barca. The FIFA Curse could play a factor ie: ****e form when coming back from internationals. Santander are ****e. BUT, if you have a spare fiver to waste. Might be worth throwing it on them DNB @ 14/1 or Double Chance @ 17/2, or unders. I might chance under 2.5 myself @ 5/2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

A few quid on Waterford ht/Wexford ft 69/1.Closest thing down here to a derby so maybe we'll get some fireworks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Man United are Evs +1 to have more corners than Liverpool. Surely with their general play and wingers they should be favourites to have more corners, never mind getting one with the handicap also

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Just clicked into my thinking when looking through La Liga fixtures. But be weary of Barca. The FIFA Curse could play a factor ie: ****e form when coming back from internationals. Santander are ****e. BUT, if you have a spare fiver to waste. Might be worth throwing it on them DNB @ 14/1 or Double Chance @ 17/2, or unders. I might chance under 2.5 myself @ 5/2.

You might be on to something. Just read that Barca has only won 7 of the last 22 matches that were played after an international break.
    Messi will be starting according to the same article though. He didnt start the last time after the international break, the 2-2 away against Sociedad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Kick off at 5

2-0 up at half tiime

i threw a 10er on at 10/11 at 4.57

Kick off at 5

they lost 4-1 to italy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Man United are Evs +1 to have more corners than Liverpool. Surely with their general play and wingers they should be favourites to have more corners, never mind getting one with the handicap also
    i wudnt be gettin carried away wit this...

fat tony9 wrote: »
    i wudnt be gettin carried away wit this...

Of course, it's not a cert, I just think it's the wrong price. Value betting and all that, so i'm having a moderate wager

Kick off at 5
    fat tony9 wrote: »
    wot site these prices on?

Sorry - i know its too late now but was PP and my Danish ladies are 2 up :D

Feck now 2-1 - counting chickens again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Todays PP Potty Price is Man Utd to beat Liverpool 7/4 instead of the 11/8

U cant do it on the net u have to ring up and say u got a e mail with this potty price special in it and there should'nt be a problem.

AdrianII wrote: »
    they lost 4-1 to italy :eek:

Nope - they won

http://www.flashscore.com/table/O8XNGaT4/QaJxHJFt/

• Advertisement

Sorry - i know its too late now but was PP and my Danish ladies are 2 up :D

Feck now 2-1 - counting chickens again

i was about to cover my arse and throw a couple on the draw at 14s and it became suspended :(

AdrianII wrote: »

Christ thats fuked up - hope its works out now!!! hate bad info :mad: but hope mine was good, now just more to worry about every time i research a bet:confused:

Just checked flashscore again, they played on Wensday and has the danish scorers too

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Todays PP Potty Price is Man Utd to beat Liverpool 7/4 instead of the 11/8

U cant do it on the net u have to ring up and say u got a e mail with this potty price special in it and there should'nt be a problem.

Yeah, I took that. Those Potty Prices are coming in handy actually, got 11/4 today about a 7/4 winner

:D
    Christ thats fuked up - hope its works out now!!! hate bad info :mad: but hope mine was good, now just more to worry about every time i research a bet:confused:

Just checked flashscore again, they played on Wensday and has the danish scorers too

doesnt matter - they won 2-1 tonight

pay up paddy

Unless there's a major upset, this treble is very close to a banker, I personally have a large stake on it:

Sheriff Tiraspol (Moldovan league)
    Dacia Chisinau (Moldovan league)
    Trans Narva (Estonian league)

@2.30

Those are top teams in their countries and they're playing against amateur teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol I thought my bet was a banker too. Didnt turn out well

No such thing as bankers in this cruel sport to bet on

Headshot wrote: »
    lol I thought my bet was a banker too. Didnt turn out well

No such thing as bankers in this cruel sport to bet on

I assume you're talking about Dinamo Zagreb, yea that was a shock result :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Noob question but how does the card points in football betting that Yardie gives work??:confused:Gona have to start taking his tips.

• Advertisement

Noob question but how does the card points in football betting that Yardie gives work??:confused:Gona have to start taking his tips.

10 for a Yellow and 25 for a red

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement