Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

stingerro wrote: »
    I am regretting bet already after 7 minutes - odds for hosts In Play are 1.95 right now :eek:

I got on as well:(Panicked a bit when I seen it was on in 5 minutes.Would've given moe thought if it was on later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Betting on Romania 2nd division - I have no idea what I was thinking. Sorry for anyone who followed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Lads I've only turned 18 recently and really haven't a clue how to put a bet on :P but would I be right in saying if I put a fiver on:
    Liverpool 2/1
    Blackburn 3/1
    Man City 4/11
    Chelsea 2/5
    I'd get back €114.55? Or am I just completely wrong all together :pac:.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Lads I've only turned 18 recently and really haven't a clue how to put a bet on :P but would I be right in saying if I put a fiver on:
    Liverpool 2/1
    Blackburn 3/1
    Man City 4/11
    Chelsea 2/5
    Sounds about right. Don't like bet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Liverpool 2/1
    Blackburn 3/1
    Man City 4/11
    Chelsea 2/5

Wouldnt fancy BlackBurn or Liverpool

• Advertisement

Sounds about right. Don't like bet though.

So if I went with the "safe bet" of

Chelsea 2/5
    Man City 4/11
    United 6/4
    Qpr Evens

Would my potential return be 47 euro? Sorry lads I'm absolutely clueless :pac:.

So if I went with the "safe bet" of

Chelsea 2/5
    Man City 4/11
    United 6/4
    Qpr Evens

Would my potential return be 47 euro? Sorry lads I'm absolutely clueless :pac:.
    Sounds about right as well. And still don't like your bet - there is so many games to choose from, you can do much better use of your fiver. If you want to bet on Liverpool-MU you can bet on corners (going over 10 or 10.5) - it's fun watching it as well, and chance IMO are much better. But in the end it's your fiver, so just letting you know that your winning estimations are correct.

Sounds about right as well. And still don't like your bet - there is so many games to choose from, you can do much better use of your fiver. If you want to bet on Liverpool-MU you can bet on corners (going over 10 or 10.5) - it's fun watching it as well, and chance IMO are much better. But in the end it's your fiver, so just letting you know that your winning estimations are correct.

Nice one mate I'll look into it :) wouldn't have a breeze of how to write it on the coupon though haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

A couple of nice prices on Paddy Power on the alternative card index-

55 points or more in Chelsea/Everton is 2/1- Mike Jones factor makes this very appealing

50 points or more in City/Villa is 15/8. Anthony Taylor in charge and both teams capable of getting a card.

I am going to put these 2 in a trixie with over 2.5 goals/12 or more corners in Man U Liverpool @ 16/5

€20 pays €396.

Sky are offering some very tasty prices on the player to be booked market too. Terry could be out for Chelsea so 9/4 for Luiz card looks good, as does Ashley Cole @ 4/1, Jagielka is 3/1 big prices for defenders and Jones in charge.

Will try get PP to quote price on Delph card too, he could be in charge of marking Silva today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Confirmed #LFC: Reina, Kelly, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Lucas, Adam, Gerrard, Downing, Kuyt, Suarez.

#mufc De Gea, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Park, Fletcher, Giggs, Jones, Young, Welbeck

No Roo or Vidic. Jones in midfield. Pool win?

Gonna take the Jones card @ 5/2 anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Was going to do card index for the Unira game but just seen Marriner is doing it, looked at his stats and he doesn't produce a lot of cards.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Kuyt anytime @3.5 on bet365
    And insurebet first time GS @7 on PP

Come on Dirkie

Yardie wrote: »
    Confirmed #LFC: Reina, Kelly, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Lucas, Adam, Gerrard, Downing, Kuyt, Suarez.

#mufc De Gea, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Park, Fletcher, Giggs, Jones, Young, Welbeck

Seeing Partk and Fletcher in United lineup always have a feeling that this will be underish match. Won't put any money on it, but that's my first thought seeing lineups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Yardie wrote: »

Not a hope ;)

Done a treble on my first ever cards betting. Here it is.

@7.99

1 Chelsea - Over 1.5 Chelsea v Everton
    (Team Cards) 15/10/2011 None 2.00 To Run

2 Aston Villa - Over 2.5 Man City v Aston Villa
    (Team Cards) 15/10/2011 None 2.10 To Run

3 Under 6.5 Liverpool v Man Utd
    (Number of Cards in Match) 15/10/2011 None 1.66 To Run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Welbeck fgs 13/2
    Gerrard anytime 12/5

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Jasus, was gonna lump big on Man Utd but am not convinced after seeing the teams, don't know what to back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Something interesting for tomorrow (the game is at 9:30 AM UK time so thats why I'm posting about it now)

Kuban Krasnodar again underestimated by the bookies, they're at 2.30 to win against crappy Amkar. I've lumped on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Welbeck fgs 13/2
    Gerrard anytime 12/5

Sigh

3 doubles:

Neath
    The New Saints
    @2.37

Trans Narva
    Nomme Kalju
    (Estonian league, games are tomorrow)
    @2.24 :)

Eintracht Frankfurt
    Trans Narva
    @2.37 :)

2/3 Trans scored the winning goal at the 90th min! and I thought my "safest" double was the Welsh one lol...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Something interesting for tomorrow (the game is at 9:30 AM UK time so thats why I'm posting about it now)

Kuban Krasnodar again underestimated by the bookies, they're at 2.30 to win against crappy Amkar. I've lumped on it.

Is that explained by any team news? How good are Kuban?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 dragozagorac

Small info for Russian Premier league:

after they finish with 30 matches of regular season, next year (spring 2012) they gonna play play-off (top 8 teams) and play-out (bottom 8 teams). From 2012/13 season they gonna play autumn-spring schedule.

Is that explained by any team news? How good are Kuban?

Well, Amkar can be hard to beat sometimes, most of their games are under 2.5, and also Kuban are ALWAYS underestimated by the bookies, they're always at no less than 2.00 for a win for some reason...

Kuban are quite good, they have a great coach imo, Dan Petrescu (who was Unirea's coach when they were in the CL groups and got some good results), they have one of the best strikers in the league imo in Lacina Traoré and they have good attacking players (their striker Gigel Bucur is pretty good and prolific too).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Well, Amkar can be hard to beat sometimes, most of their games are under 2.5, and also Kuban are ALWAYS underestimated by the bookies, they're always at no less than 2.00 for a win for some reason...

Kuban are quite good, they have a great coach imo, Dan Petrescu (who was Unirea's coach when they were in the CL groups and got some good results), they have one of the best strikers in the league imo in Lacina Traoré and they have good attacking players (their striker Gigel Bucur is pretty good and prolific too).

Cheers. May have a look at that one. 7/5 on pp

Unless there's a major upset, this treble is very close to a banker, I personally have a large stake on it:

Sheriff Tiraspol (Moldovan league)
    Dacia Chisinau (Moldovan league)
    Trans Narva (Estonian league)

@2.30

Those are top teams in their countries and they're playing against amateur teams.

Get in!! :) I hope I managed to convince at least one person to follow me on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

Lasagna Diarra

ow much u lump on kuban???

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Falcao FGS @ 4/1
    Soldado Wincast @ 3/1
    Gomis Wincast @ 13/10

fat tony9 wrote: »
    Lasagna Diarra

ow much u lump on kuban???

Let's just say I've put more money than usual on them cuz they've never let me down, but don't go crazy on Kuban, Amkar managed to draw against Zenit and Rubin, I just think Kuban's attack is too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Everton V Chelsea Over 2.5
    and Schalke(-1) asian evens

Double comes in at 2.5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

bradlente wrote: »
    Norwich -1 @10/3 and Bolton dnb @6/5 are 2 I'm tempted by today.Gone for 2 singles and a double.Norwich is a risky one,I was just looking for a nice price on them and feel to win the outright they're a little bit short.Bolton looks a very good bet to me though.

Over 1.5 - Liverpool v Man United: Total Goals U/O 1.5 2/7 Over 1.5 - Stevenage v Charlton::mad: Total Goals U/O 1.5 2/7
    Over 1.5 - Auxerre v Lille: Total Goals U/O 1.5 4/11
    Over 1.5 - Brest v Caen: Total Goals U/O 1.5 4/9
    Over 1.5 - Ajaccio v Paris St Germain: Total Goals U/O 1.5 3/10

Works out under 10/3.The french game odds on over 1.5 goals is definitely something to keep an eye on.There were a few more games that I omitted from my bet just because their odds were so poor,For instance a few dutch games filled the same criteria as those French games I've backed but the best price there was 1/6 and a few were 1/8,Decided to try keep it trim to ensure its a winner,Heres hoping....

The coffers needed that.

accums dead after Stevanage Charlton,Won't be happy if those 3 decent sized French ones come in now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Nice special on PP

Messi to score FIRST in both halves 9/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement