Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

waiting on over 2.5 in sevilla game for 12/1 accum to hit.
    only checked stats on goals there,not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Headshot wrote: »
    See this lads

http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/12674/0/

Poor auld Galway could get a hammering

Thank you Headshot, did Derry -2 before work with overs in the Spurs game, recouped half my losses from earlier on.

Why oh why did i back Arsenal -1 :mad: Never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

waiting on over 2.5 in sevilla game for 12/1 accum to hit.
    only checked stats on goals there,not looking good.
    2-1 now well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

2-1 now well done!

great stuff,had some weekend lads,but after the last couple weeks trust me it was deserved.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Gonna have a stab on this over 1.5.. novora/bologna, ajacco/psg and freiburg/hamburg.. I reckon theyl all hit 2.5 but il play it safe and go for this even shot

Thanks for this man :). Worked out well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Very little exciting by the looks of today.

Interested in cards/points in the Bilbao Osasuna game,Any opinions?I can't find who's refereeing the game but theres been a fair few cards dished out in each of the last 3 games for each side.Also in their last meeting there was 10 yellows and 2 reds:eek:

There seems to be very few markets for this anyway so I'll leave it unless a few more come up before kick-off.55-75 on VC @2/1 looks good to me,I bet very little on cards though so wouldn't be sure.Don't have VC either,So might just be a game to watch for me.

Looking at tomorrow and Wednesday instead,Gone for City -1 Utd -2 in a double and Marseille,Ajax and Lille in a treble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I've done these for tomorrow:

Seydou Doumbia (CSKA Moscow) anytime

Lille

and two doubles:
    Doumbia anytime
    Lille

Bayern Munich
    Man City to win by 2 or more goals

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Llorente FGS @ 16/5

Doumbia anytime and Higuain Insurebet for me tomorrow @ near 7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

bradlente wrote: »
    Looking at tomorrow and Wednesday instead,Gone for City -1 Utd -2 in a double and Marseille,Ajax and Lille in a treble.
    Be careful with Ajax.
    They are on a run of 6 or 7 matches without a win bar a 3-1 win in the dutch cup against an amateur side. Also they have gone behind in 12 of their last 14 matches (not 100% sure of that run but it dates back to the end of last season)
    Not the best of runs when playing in Zagreb. Real only managed a 1-0 there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Llorente Insurebet for me tonight @ 2/1. I see hes yet to score at home so far this season. Expect that il change tonight..

Llorente FGS @ 16/5

Doumbia anytime and Higuain Insurebet for me tomorrow @ near 7/1

Llorente pulled out of training twice in the last week apparently,Tuesday and Saturday I think.

Say he might be doubtful,Had meant to mention that earlier if anyone fancied Bilbao.

:o

Llorente pulled out of training twice in the last week apparently,Tuesday and Saturday I think.

Say he might be doubtful,Had meant to mention that earlier if anyone fancied Bilbao.

:o

He played for Spain though:confused:

inforfun wrote: »
    Be careful with Ajax.
    They are on a run of 6 or 7 matches without a win bar a 3-1 win in the dutch cup against an amateur side. Also they have gone behind in 12 of their last 14 matches (not 100% sure of that run but it dates back to the end of last season)
    Not the best of runs when playing in Zagreb. Real only managed a 1-0 there.

Its rough form alright,I had known it was bad but that 12/14 stat is a bit shocking!Ah well,They really need the win here I think,That was the main impetus for me.The Real result never crossed my mind either.Silly.

Llorente missed training earlier in the week with a slight hamstring injury but should recover in time to start.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/primera-liga/news/detail/item691474/Athletic-Bilbao-vs-Osasuna-Preview/

Should be fine then.The preview I read earlier was bleaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Regarding the PP specials, now i know the feelings of most on this thread regarding them so to investigate it i logged each PP special regarding soccer since 8/09/2011 here are the results

This weekend was a good w/end for them
    McCormack to score and Leeds to win @ 4/1 on friday won and the accum on Sat won too. The only other winner in that time frame was on 24/09/2011 when Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle and Arsenal @ 7/2 all won.
    So in 38 days (incl yesterday) it only won 3 times :eek: and 2 of them was last weekend.

Point proven - stay away from PP Specials;)

Was looking at the official site and AFAIK (google translate doesnt seem to be working) these are the squads for tonight...
    El entrenador Marcelo Bielsa ha convocado a los siguientes jugadores para enfrentarse al CA Osasuna: Iraizoz, Toquero, Aurtenetxe, Amorebieta, San José, David López, Iturraspe, Llorente, De Marcos, Gabilondo, Raúl, Susaeta, Iraola, Gurpegi, Muniain, Ander Herrera, Ekiza, Javi Martínez y Ibai.

José Luis Mendilibar ha convocado a Andrés Fernández, Riesgo, Marc Bertrán, Damià, Lolo, Miguel Flaño, Roversio, Sergio, Annunziata, Cejudo, Lamah, Nekounam, Puñal, Raúl García, Timor, Ibrahima, Sola y Nino.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

It just shows ya how crap todays choice is when everyones lookin at tomorrow and Wednesday already :p

Today I went for a treble of overs:

IK Start v SK Brann
    Fortuna Sittard v Telstar
    Southampton v West Ham Tuesday

It was 3/1 I took last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Very little exciting by the looks of today.

Interested in cards/points in the Bilbao Osasuna game,Any opinions?I can't find who's refereeing the game but theres been a fair few cards dished out in each of the last 3 games for each side.Also in their last meeting there was 10 yellows and 2 reds:eek:

There seems to be very few markets for this anyway so I'll leave it unless a few more come up before kick-off.55-75 on VC @2/1 looks good to me,I bet very little on cards though so wouldn't be sure.Don't have VC either,So might just be a game to watch for me.

This is the ref http://www.soccerway.com/referees/javier-estrada-fernandez/60734/

He averages over 5 cards per game. Both sides average 6 cards in their games so far this year. Over 6.5 cards is 10/11 on bet365. So it will be touch and go whether this will come in.

Bilbao have very strong corner stats at home and have one the corner match bet by at least 4 corners in each home game this year. Osasuna have lost the corner match bet in 2 of their 3 away games by over 4 corners.
    Bilbao -3 corner handicap @ 5/4 looks a decent bet.

Both sides average 12 or more corners in their home/away games this season. Over 11.5 corners @ 20/21 on stanjames looks a decent punt too.

Lastly 0-0 in this looks at good bet @ 12/1 on betfair.

Note: Paddy Power have no corners/card prices so gonna ask for price on 60 card index or more and 10 or more corners. Let's hope they are in a generous mood

Radonman wrote: »
    Regarding the PP specials, now i know the feelings of most on this thread regarding them so to investigate it i logged each PP special regarding soccer since 8/09/2011 here are the results

McCormack to score and Leeds to win @ 4/1 on friday won and the accum on Sat won too. The only other winner in that time frame was on 24/09/2011 when Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle and Arsenal @ 7/2 all won.
    So in 38 days (incl yesterday) it only won 3 times :eek: and 2 of them was last weekend.

That 9/1 Messi one did come in though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shels at 11/2 tonight is a decent value bet imo, we pushed Pats off the park on Friday and were good for our draw even with 10 men. Pats are missing several players, 2 of which started on Friday iirc.

Danny North (their goal scorer on Friday) and Derek Doyle could possibly be out too, late fitness tests for the two of them afaik.

I rarely back Shels, but 11/2 could make it an even more sweeter night if we win. C'mon the Shels!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »

That 9/1 Messi one did come in though

Yea, fair enough, forgot that one but id hate to be betting since 08/09/2011 waiting for last weekend :p

Double of:
    over 1.5 in the Fenerbahce game
    Athletic Bilbao
    @1.94

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Just looking at the Pats/ Shels match there. Boyles have Shels to score a goal or more at 8/11, not a bad bet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Something suss going on here lads. 17/1 for a 0-0 in an Italian match?
    http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-matches/serie-b-matches/Brescia-v-Pescara-3101638.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

9 Pescara matches brought 37 goals and only 1 draw. So 17/1 for 0-0 sounds fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

united minus one city minus 1 bayern barca minus 3 and brugge at 20/1 is tempting me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭fabregas4cesc

united minus one city minus 1 bayern barca minus 3 and brugge at 20/1 is tempting me

jaypers i wouldn't go near that. bayern -3 away would be dodgy, they could easily win 2 or 3 nil and ruin it on you, i wouldn't do that big a handicap on an away team. i'd be nervous about united as well, dodgy enough champo league campain so far, i'm confident they'll win but with city on sunday you wouldn't know what team fergie has in mind, might even see michael owen!

jaypers i wouldn't go near that. bayern -3 away would be dodgy, they could easily win 2 or 3 nil and ruin it on you, i wouldn't do that big a handicap on an away team. i'd be nervous about united as well, dodgy enough champo league campain so far, i'm confident they'll win but with city on sunday you wouldn't know what team fergie has in mind, might even see michael owen!

I think its the Bayern win hes goin for.. Sure Id expect yad get around 25/1 for Bayern -3 on its own! I reckon there is good value in Napoli @ 14/5 myself but draw is probably the best bet imo

• Advertisement

Double of:
    over 1.5 in the Fenerbahce game
    Athletic Bilbao
    @1.94

I hope my luck continues tomorrow ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement