Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭fabregas4cesc

ah right my mistake. i wouldn't bet against bayern this year, so far anyway. have a 10er on them to win the champo at 14/1 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Yardie wrote: »
    This is the ref http://www.soccerway.com/referees/javier-estrada-fernandez/60734/

He averages over 5 cards per game. Both sides average 6 cards in their games so far this year. Over 6.5 cards is 10/11 on bet365. So it will be touch and go whether this will come in.

Bilbao have very strong corner stats at home and have one the corner match bet by at least 4 corners in each home game this year. Osasuna have lost the corner match bet in 2 of their 3 away games by over 4 corners.
    Bilbao -3 corner handicap @ 5/4 looks a decent bet.

Both sides average 12 or more corners in their home/away games this season. Over 11.5 corners @ 20/21 on stanjames looks a decent punt too.

Lastly 0-0 in this looks at good bet @ 12/1 on betfair.

Note: Paddy Power have no corners/card prices so gonna ask for price on 60 card index or more and 10 or more corners. Let's hope they are in a generous mood

Cheers Yardie,Got on your corner tips.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

ah right my mistake. i wouldn't bet against bayern this year, so far anyway. have a 10er on them to win the champo at 14/1 :cool:

Same as buddy but got them @ 20:pac: Also have Napoli for the Serie A so will be watching that game tomorrow!

I hope my luck continues tomorrow ;)

Fair play man, these over 1.5 do look profitable when ya dont go crazy with selections as Ive learned not to do now! 5/6 picks at most is the rule Im staying with

Have this accum for tomorrow, mixing up the CL, championship and Blue Sq..

City/Villareal, Palace/Bristol, P'boro/Cardiff, Bath/Stockport, Gateshead/Southport and Kiddermister/Braintree @ 2.2/1

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Same as buddy but got them @ 20:pac: Also have Napoli for the Serie A so will be watching that game tomorrow!

15/2 now on paddy power. napoli were unlucky last year, what odds u get on them?

• Advertisement

15/2 now on paddy power. napoli were unlucky last year, what odds u get on them?

Done an e/w @ 22/1 the day they signed Inler. They have a great chance but can be awful erratic at times losing to Chievo and Parma last weekend. Luckily all the top teams are dropping points too:pac:

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Done an e/w @ 22/1 the day they signed Inler. They have a great chance but can be awful erratic at times losing to Chievo and Parma last weekend. Luckily all the top teams are dropping points too:pac:

is that 1st to 3rd? yeah hard to call, think i'll boycott the italian league for a while, nil nil nil nil nil :rolleyes:

is that 1st to 3rd? yeah hard to call, think i'll boycott the italian league for a while, nil nil nil nil nil :rolleyes:

Top two 1/3 odds. Yeah can be a joke alright. Serie B is worse though afaik for match fixing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Shels at 11/2 tonight is a decent value bet imo, we pushed Pats off the park on Friday and were good for our draw even with 10 men. Pats are missing several players, 2 of which started on Friday iirc.

Danny North (their goal scorer on Friday) and Derek Doyle could possibly be out too, late fitness tests for the two of them afaik.

I rarely back Shels, but 11/2 could make it an even more sweeter night if we win. C'mon the Shels!

Great stuff Gav.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

hi yardie did you have a look at yellows for tomorrow yet?

I was looking at the man u game of 40pts or more 11/10
    4 yellows does'nt seem to much imo.
    ref not over strict but does give out yellows.

http://www.soccerway.com/referees/felix-brych/44615/

was also looking at 50 pts or more in the man city villareal 1/1

http://www.soccerway.com/referees/pavel-kralovec/44486/

ref has only gave 50 pts or more in 3 of last 9 tho
    maybe on second taughts this isnt a good bet.:confused:

• Advertisement

robbie1977 wrote: »
    hi yardie did you have a look at yellows for tomorrow yet?

I was looking at the man u game of 40pts or more 11/10
    4 yellows does'nt seem to much imo.
    ref not over strict but does give out yellows.

http://www.soccerway.com/referees/felix-brych/44615/

was also looking at 50 pts or more in the man city villareal 1/1

http://www.soccerway.com/referees/pavel-kralovec/44486/

ref has only gave 50 pts or more in 3 of last 9 tho
    maybe on second taughts this isnt a good bet.:confused:

Haven't had much of a chance to go threw them but looking at the refs I see Howard Webb is in charge of Lille/Inter game so will try and get a nice price on cards in this one. Not many markets up yet. Bwin going 10/11 over 4.5 cards which is ok.

The two Manchester games are hard to call. Man U should dominate their game so can't see them need to make to many fouls. On the other hand is backs to wall job for Otelul then they could cover index on their own.

Depending on team news City/Villareal has decent chance of coming in. If City start with De Jong, Milner, Kolarov, Zabaleta then far greater chance of cards. Villareal give away quite a few cards so good chance of 5 cards in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Inter at 23/10 on ladbrokes to win in Lille, 5/4 DNB. I know Inter haven't exactly set the world alight this year but I still think that's extremely generous considering Lille are hardly on fire either. I shall be sticking a few bob on the DNB.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Over 3,5 cards in the man Utd match (I expect the Romanians to cover that by themselves)
    CSKA win
    Over 2,5 Lille - Inter (goals)

@6.29

Cant find card bet for Zagreb - Ajax. Expect a few there as this is basically a 3rd place play off in their group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Utd -3 on the corner handicap 20/21 seems generous to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭peace2804

bet18102011.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Sabbatical over now too scratch that itch

Bets for tonight Inter @ 3/1 (i know they have problems but that looks over the top) Overs in Basel/Benfica match and Fleetwood -1 fingers crossed best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I'm going for:
    United (-1),
    Real Madrid (-1),
    Leeds,
    CSKA,
    Blackpool.

€5 returns €59.02 on PP.

I'm going for:
    United (-1),
    Real Madrid (-1),
    Leeds,
    CSKA,
    Blackpool.

€5 returns €59.02 on PP.

sounds promising

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Inter at 23/10 on ladbrokes to win in Lille, 5/4 DNB. I know Inter haven't exactly set the world alight this year but I still think that's extremely generous considering Lille are hardly on fire either. I shall be sticking a few bob on the DNB.

That's not true, they've been playing well since the beginning of the season, dominating teams, but their problem was they lost their focus in the 2nd half and usually conceded. That seems to have changed now, they won their last 2 games including a win against Rennes who are a very good side.

Lille are usually massive chokers but I have a feeling they're gonna win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

CSKA & MAN UTD(-1) double!:cool:
    Easy money?

• Advertisement

Wins for Man U/CSKA/Real and over 1.5 in Basel/Benfica -just over 2/1. gonna put a decent wedge on this.

Also taking Doumbia AGS @ 11/8 and Doumbia 2 or more @ 6/1

Higuain is good value @ 21/20 Anytime and 25/1 for the hattrick. 3 hattricks in last 4 games!

As Bradlente pointed out Man U -3 on corner handicap should be good as they will dominate possession.

Real -3 corner handicap should be good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

thinkin of 20 quid on a 7 match accum
    leeds(home to coventry expect them to win but never know)
    man city -1(villarreal **** away city should kill them)
    man u(should be a handy win)
    Higuain to score(will he start?)
    both teams to score in lille inter and napoli bayern match
    over 1.5 goals in benfica game

returns just over 500 quid...id be confident about most of it except for the lille inter game and leeds

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shels at 11/2 tonight is a decent value bet imo, we pushed Pats off the park on Friday and were good for our draw even with 10 men. Pats are missing several players, 2 of which started on Friday iirc.

Danny North (their goal scorer on Friday) and Derek Doyle could possibly be out too, late fitness tests for the two of them afaik.

I rarely back Shels, but 11/2 could make it an even more sweeter night if we win. C'mon the Shels!

BOOM! What a sweet sweet night it was.
    Yardie wrote: »
    Great stuff Gav.

Cheers man, hopefully I wasn't the only one on it.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Small one for tonight, dont really trust the Champions league this year,

in saying that it is must wins for city and utd,

City (-2) Asian
    Utd (-2) Asian
    Leeds (-1) Asian
    Bayern to win

7.50 returns about 190 quid,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

Ladbrokes special: Man United, Man City, and Real Madrid even money, what do ye think of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

CSKA & MAN UTD(-1) double!:cool:
    Easy money?

CSKA only won 1 of their last 5. Tranzbonspor have shown a resilient edge so far. I'd expect a tight game, really wouldn't be sure about a -1 bet.

I've done Messi, Higuian and Van Persie goalscoring treble, Inter DNB 13/8 and an acca

Barca-2
    United-1
    Milan-1
    Chelsea-1
    Porto
    Stoke
    PAOK

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

SNORBEAST wrote: »
    Ladbrokes special: Man United, Man City, and Real Madrid even money, what do ye think of that?

Was a post here a while back pointing out that only 3 of their has come up in the last few months, wouldnt be overly confident in Real Madrid.

but its the best one i've seen in a long time, hence the odds i suppose

EASY MONEY???????????

Was a post here a while back pointing out that only 3 of their has come up in the last few months, wouldnt be overly confident in Real Madrid.

but its the best one i've seen in a long time, hence the odds i suppose

Do you fancy Lyon to get some sort of result tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

EASY MONEY???????????

NO SUCH THING ;) Sure fire way of going broke

Ive the same thoughts as TiltedBrain something not sitting right with RM being 2/9 against a some what of a "bogey" team for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement