Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Fair play, some very good picks there. Sadly I went with Zwolle and Eindhoven, but thanks for some very sound advice.
    TOP won, but only after ET unfortunately.
    Last minute winner for RKC wasnt what i wanted either.

Had over 4,5 @2.2 (won) in the Heerenveen match and Heerenveen -4 (in play) @3,6 which came in but was ****ed up by Heidenheim - Gladbach that i had over 2,5 and finished 0-0.

Still pissed off i didnt take the Achilles/Eindhove double myself but opted for the Lucky 15. Pure greed.

Will post my picks for tonights Dutch cup matches when i get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,196 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Where did you get those odds?

bet365

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Honka -1 @ 10/11

Shamrock v Galway

Shamrock Rovers to win and 5 or more total goals in the match 11/10 or Shamrock Rovers (-3.0) 11/10

Now this is very interesting but I wont be going near it until I find out what team Rovers will be putting out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

€10 accum

Levante Win @ 3/4
    Celtic Win @ 1/2
    Wolves V Man City Over 2.5 @ 4/7
    Real Madrid -1 goal @ 2/7

Just over 4/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

not really a tip - just my opinion.

Shels v Cork City this Sat is an interesting one.

Shels if they draw or win will top the league - Cork if they draw or win will top the league, Shels are guaranteed promotion.

I reckon Cork will go all out for a win and will be happy if they get a draw - they will know that if they get a draw they are promoted as second place...shels if they draw will win the league outright.

if Shels beat Cork and Monaghan win away to Athlone then Monaghan get second spot..... so both Cork and Shels benefit from a Draw - but if either team win they get the league.....my guess is over 2.5 goals or 1-1 draw.

anyone else got an opinion on it. .... I would put either one of those bets with Shamrock Rovers (-1) win and sligo rovers (-1) win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Birmingham v Leeds
    Stoke v Liverpool
    Everton v Chelsea
    Blackburn v Newcastle
    Zaragoza v Valencia
    Levante v Real Sociedad
    Getafe v Osasuna
    Rayo Vallecano v Malaga

All these games over 1.5 @ 15/2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Anyone any thoughts on Roda to beat Ajax tonight? 3/1 seems like good value. Ajax most likely resting a lot of starters since they have the league and CL to concentrate on. Prob wait for team news before committing on it.

gone for HJK -1.5 asian handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

€3 on Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle and Lavente to win - potential returns is around €104

Also have 5er on Arsenal (won), United (won), City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 gembino

anyone know what each way on a first goalscorer bet means? Does that mean if you back a first goalscorer each way if he scores anytime then you'll win something?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

HJK -1
    Honka -1

2.37/1

What do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

gembino wrote: »
    anyone know what each way on a first goalscorer bet means? Does that mean if you back a first goalscorer each way if he scores anytime then you'll win something?

e/w is 1st 2nd & 3rd scorer in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Are Chelsea expected to put out a crap team or somethin?
    Just wonderin why they would be 11/8 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Derek! wrote: »
    Are Chelsea expected to put out a crap team or somethin?
    Just wonderin why they would be 11/8 :confused:

Chelsea have a few suspended. Boswinga, Drogba for their reds and Cole for his 5th yellow. Doubt they'll play Torres with the Arsenal game the weekend so i imagine a good few dropped. Sturridge is a starter so probably won't feature much if at all. Youth and non regular starters i imagine should be the line up.

Rumors this is City's starting 11 for tonight.

Pantilimon, Onuoha, Savic, Toure, Kolarov, Millner, Razak, Zabaleta, Bridge, De Jong, Dzeko

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Chelsea have a few suspended. Boswinga, Drogba for their reds and Cole for his 5th yellow. Doubt they'll play Torres with the Arsenal game the weekend so i imagine a good few dropped. Sturridge is a starter so probably won't feature much if at all. Youth and non regular starters i imagine should be the line up.

Rumors this is City's starting 11 for tonight.

Pantilimon, Onuoha, Savic, Toure, Kolarov, Millner, Razak, Zabaleta, Bridge, De Jong, Dzeko

Didnt realise Bridge was still with City!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Didnt realise Bridge was still with City!

He was on loan with West Ham but never went anywhere this season. Playing for the reserves most likely.

Do Boyles always have such a lack of markets for big games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Derek! wrote: »
    Do Boyles always have such a lack of markets for big games?

Yip

Anyone any thoughts on Roda to beat Ajax tonight? 3/1 seems like good value. Ajax most likely resting a lot of starters since they have the league and CL to concentrate on. Prob wait for team news before committing on it.

Ajax will play their strongest team possible. Too many injured to also rest others.
    I dont consider it impossible that Roda will win. They usually make life hard enough already for Ajax in league games.
    This saturday, same match is on for the league.
    It would not surprise me if Roda wins tonight in order to get beaten easily on Saturday.
    For clubs like Roda, the cup is a good opportunity to qualify for the EL and will give it all.
    That said, Roda really is a bit crap this season.
    I only would put this match in an over 1,5 or 2,5 accumulator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Went for over 2.5 in Birmingham V Leeds game @ 3/4. All of Leeds games away from home this season have been over 2.5. Leeds have scored an average of 2.17 goals per match and they have scored in every game away from home.

Only one of Birmingham home matches have actually gone over 2.5 but in two games there was 2 goals scored. Brimingham have an scored an average of 1.75 goals.

Also done an accumulater of

Wolves 6/1,
    Newcastle 13/10,
    Levante 3/4,
    Napoli 4/5,
    AC Milian 1/3

66/1

Yip
    Thanks, I felt a bit forced into it on Boyles :p but I went for a double of overs in Rosenborg and Real to score over 2.5 @ the amazin odds of somethin over evens :rolleyes:
    I'm hopin Ronaldo and company will oblige

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Both dodgy imo, Twigg and Sheppard are supposedly out for Shams along with a few others so that's cut there fire powering. Pitch could be still bad aswell.

Finn Harps piled a good few against Wexford at the weekend (3-1 iirc), and they're never push overs. With a win getting Shels promoted that is the reds only goal imo. They'll take a 1-0 win and well so will I.:D

Shams got very lucky, got 10 mins of the match in the Bar at Half Time in Tolka.

Right about Shams, completely wrong about Shels, 4-0 was modest.
    seanhynes wrote: »
    free 10r if u sign up for skybet, just on a single tho

Do you have to deposit any amount?
    Headshot wrote: »
    Shamrock v Galway

Shamrock Rovers to win and 5 or more total goals in the match 11/10 or Shamrock Rovers (-3.0) 11/10

Now this is very interesting but I wont be going near it until I find out what team Rovers will be putting out

They're playing PAOK on Thursday, I'd be guessing Micheal O'Neill will rest players on Friday since the League is won and try getting points on the board in Europe.
    Corkbah wrote: »
    not really a tip - just my opinion.

Shels v Cork City this Sat is an interesting one.

Shels if they draw or win will top the league - Cork if they draw or win will top the league, Shels are guaranteed promotion.

I reckon Cork will go all out for a win and will be happy if they get a draw - they will know that if they get a draw they are promoted as second place...shels if they draw will win the league outright.

if Shels beat Cork and Monaghan win away to Athlone then Monaghan get second spot..... so both Cork and Shels benefit from a Draw - but if either team win they get the league.....my guess is over 2.5 goals or 1-1 draw.

anyone else got an opinion on it. .... I would put either one of those bets with Shamrock Rovers (-1) win and sligo rovers (-1) win

Shels and Cork should be a draw but their manager did say during the week that "I'm not going to ask 1200 Cork City fans to go to Tolka Park just to lie down and take a point when we can win the league"

Monaghan will beat Athlone. Sligo should cover -1 and -2, Shams should cover -1 but it will be shocking odds and not worth it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Levante 4/5
    Real Madrid -1 1/3
    Man City 1/2
    Lazio 8/13
    Malaga 7/5
    €5 pays €69.78

Dutch cup matches tonight:

Vitesse - Den Haag:
    Vitesse win @1.66 looks decent. For the league they played eachother already in Den Haag, o-o

Treffers - Graafschap: Dont think Treffers can win this but i dont think it will be very easy for De Graafschap either.
    HT/FT De graafschap @1.95 is immense though for an Eredivisie team playing a Topklasse (3rd level) team

Twente - Genemuiden; I took Twente in a few accumulators AH -3,-3.5 and -4
    Will also keep an eye on overs in play. Last night, just before kick off i got heerenveen's match at over 4,5 @2.2. Took 55 minutes to come in.

Heracles - Berkum: Only took Heracles -2,5 @1,3 in accumulator. Heracles doesnt have the team to spank opponents.

PSV - Lisse:
    Same AH as i took with Twente and will also keep an eye on a nice overs price just before kick off. Last round PSV won 8-0 away against similar opposition.

Sparta Rotterdam - Sparta Nijkerk: Sparta will probably win :D
    Stay away, nothing of value.

RODA - Ajax, see my earlier post.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Shels and Cork should be a draw but their manager did say during the week that "I'm not going to ask 1200 Cork City fans to go to Tolka Park just to lie down and take a point when we can win the league"

Oh were going to Tolka for the three points. If City don't give it a good go I'll be disgusted. I just don't know what Shel's reaction to the game will be. They have the cup final to think about, but it's there final home game of the season and the fan's will also want to win the league. I can't wait for it though, it should be a cracking game. I reverse fixture at the cross was a cracking game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Schalke team

36 L. Unnerstall
    12 M. Hoger
    4 B. Howedes
    32 J. Matip
    23 C. Fuchs
    13 J. Jones
    14 K. Papadopoulos
    17 J. Farfan
    7 Raul
    18 J. Jurado