Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Radonman wrote: »
    What does that mean - over 2.25 - is it over 2 goals scored?

over 2.25 means that if only 2 goals are scored he gets half his stake back and loses half. It's basically asian handicap 1/2 stake on over 2, half on over 2.5

Yardie wrote: »
    Very little to choose from tonight but one bet that looks worth a punt is over 11 corners in the Bilbao/Atletico Madrid game

Bilbao's home games average 12.5 corners a match and Madrid's away average is 12.3.

Over 11 corners is evens on bet365

Over 12.5 corners @ 13/8 also worth a look on stanjames.

Good chance of cards in this game as well based on this season's record andlast seasons H2H so gonna do a small double over over 5.5 cards and over 11 corners@ 5/2 on bet365.

Madrid have only scored 2 goals in last 6 games so tempted by 0-0 @ 12/1 on betfair

Get in. 14 corners and 6 cards after 80 mins. Hope some of ya's got on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Good chance of cards in this game as well based on this season's record andlast seasons H2H so gonna do a small double over over 5.5 cards and over 11 corners@ 5/2 on bet365.

I did indeed

77.gif41.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Get in. 14 corners and 6 cards after 80 mins. Hope some of ya's got on.
    Thanks man I needed a win badly!

inforfun wrote: »
    I did indeed

77.gif41.gif
    Derek! wrote: »
    Thanks man I needed a win badly!

Excellent. This corner betting has serious potential.

Considering you are getting evens on something that happens 80% of the time in Bilbao home game it is real value. Considering Messi scores in less than 80% of Barca's home games and you are lucky to get him 1/2 anytime scorer.

• Advertisement

Considering you are getting evens on something that happens 80% of the time in Bilbao home game it is real value. Considering Messi scores in less than 80% of Barca's home games and you are lucky to get him 1/2 anytime scorer.
    Yup your certainly excellent at judgin corners and cards!
    Do you use soccerway or what for your research?

Derek! wrote: »
    Yup your certainly excellent at judgin corners and cards!
    Do you use soccerway or what for your research?

A few different sites and try check out what style manager plans to play and who is starting as if a team lines up with wingers and target a front man there is far more potential for corners..

Depending on the competition I use different sites..For Euro qualifiers and Champs league I use Uefa site as they have great stats.
    Soccerway for head to head results and to see what players pick up most cards and simplesoccerstats for most league games.
    I really concentrate on Premiership and La Liga but I may branch out into the Championship, Ligue 1 and possibly Serie A. I will try and find some predictable trends in these leagues and see where the bookies are pricing up the markets favourably.

Papiss Demba Cisse is playing at home tomorrow night 7 goals in 10 league games for Freiburf and 4 in his last 6. Boyles are offering 2/1 on him anytime scorer. Great value. PP and 365 only offering 11/10.

A few different sites and try check out what style manager plans to play and who is starting as if a team lines up with wingers and target a front man there is far more potential for corners..

Depending on the competition I use different sites..For Euro qualifiers and Champs league I use Uefa site as they have great stats.
    Soccerway for head to head results and to see what players pick up most cards and simplesoccerstats for most league games.
    I really concentrate on Premiership and La Liga but I may branch out into the Championship, Ligue 1 and possibly Serie A. I will try and find some predictable trends in these leagues and see where the bookies are pricing up the markets favourably.
    Thanks, I'd like to get good at it myself so I'm gonna copy and paste your post :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Has anyone heard of this website? http://www.pro-soccer.info/

They got 9 correct predictions out of 10 today, I've made an accum with some of their predictions for tomorrow, let's see if they're really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

They got 9 correct predictions out of 10 today, I've made an accum with some of their predictions for tomorrow, let's see if they're really good.

Yeah il test it out for tomorrow aswell see how good they are!
    What does 1x and x2 mean? I know 1 is home and 2 is away is x draw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How do I read those columns?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Papiss Demba Cisse is playing at home tomorrow night 7 goals in 10 league games for Freiburf and 4 in his last 6. Boyles are offering 2/1 on him anytime scorer. Great value. PP and 365 only offering 11/10.

Nice spot, i've had a nibble!

Another early one i like is O1.5 first half goals in the Man City vs Wolves match. It's happened in 4 out of the last 5 Wolves matches and City are scoring for fun. I think evens on bet365 is generous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Thoughts on PP enhanced treble tonight?

Espanyol - Bilbao - Palermo = 7/1

Espanyol - Won their last 2 away from home but now back at home facing a Real Betis side who have lost 4 on the bounce.

Bilbao - I think they are finally coming to grips with Bielsa and are hitting their stride. Ath Madrid are dangerous on their day but I think Bilbao can get the job done here.

Palermo - Always decent at home and against a poor Leece side, anything other than a win will be a failure. It is Italian football tho and I don't bet on it but I might make an exception here.

Ship the treble.

Also Thanks Yardie for that double!

Jesus if it comes in there'll be a nice 100 match accumulator going on on Saturday!!

kev250 wrote: »
    Yeah il test it out for tomorrow aswell see how good they are!
    What does 1x and x2 mean? I know 1 is home and 2 is away is x draw?

Yea, 1x is double chance home win or draw, x2 away win or draw.

mike65 wrote: »
    How do I read those columns?

Their predictions are in the TIP column, not sure what the figures in the 1 X and 2 columns mean though.

seklly wrote: »
    Nice spot, i've had a nibble!

Another early one i like is O1.5 first half goals in the Man City vs Wolves match. It's happened in 4 out of the last 5 Wolves matches and City are scoring for fun. I think evens on bet365 is generous

Evens is a great price for the over 1.5. I think it could be a bad beating for Wolves. I am gonna take on City over 4.5 @ 9/2 and over 5.5 @ 12/1. This game also looks good for cards and corners. May do an accum City over 3.5/Over 3.5 cards/ Over 13 corners @ 15/1.

Another one I fancy for a turkey shoot is Spurs vs QPR. Spurs in goalscoring form an QPR did their best to lose to 9 man Chelsea. Spurs over 3.5 @ 7/2 worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Their predictions are in the TIP column, not sure what the figures in the 1 X and 2 columns mean though.

Any idea what the numbers in brackets are beside the teams name? :confused:

Thanks for that link by the way :D

shocksy wrote: »

Looks like current league position

• Advertisement

Their position in the table.

No problem, I hope today was not just a one-off :p

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Falcao anytime @ 7/5

Palermo and Fenerbache (DNB) @ 2/1

Lol. What was it I said about Llorente when I don't back him...

Peanuts won from the double turned single.

All over CSKA on the handicap, -1 @ 10/11 and -2 @ 5/2 in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Havnt checked but guessing league position??

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

If that website has the predictions right for tomorrow a €1 accumulator on PP will return €10477!! I'm gonna be rich:D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,195 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

extratime has the rovers preview out I see

Doesnt really tell ya much about Rovers lineup does it

Anyone know will be going all out for it or whats the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Headshot wrote: »
    extratime has the rovers preview out I see

Doesnt really tell ya much about Rovers lineup does it

Anyone know will be going all out for it or whats the story?

Keep an eye on it at about 7pm tomorrow is when the teams are usually put up. I can't see them going all out tbh, although Galway are dire.

No value in the LoI tomorrow tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

did an 8 team acc from that link posted up lads

here hoping for a bumper payout from powers for a nice start to the bankholiday weekend:rolleyes:

Football MatchesSerie B MatchesBari v Pescara28th of Oct 2011 8:00 pmDouble ChancePescara And Draw @ 4/6
    Football MatchesPortuguese Div 1 MatchesPorto v Pacos Ferreira28th of Oct 2011 8:15 pmWin-Draw-WinPorto @ 1/8

Football MatchesDutch EredivisieNAC Breda v VVV Venlo28th of Oct 2011 7:00 pmWin-Draw-WinNAC Breda @ 2/5

Football MatchesFrench Div 2 MatchesBastia v Arles28th of Oct 2011 7:00 pmWin-Draw-WinBastia @ 8/13

Football MatchesFrench Div 2 MatchesChateauroux v Monaco28th of Oct 2011 7:00 pmWin-Draw-WinChateauroux @ 6/5

Football MatchesGerman Bundesliga 2 MatchesHansa Rostock v Energie Cottbus28th of Oct 2011 5:00 pmWin-Draw-WinEnergie Cottbus @ 15/8

Football MatchesCzech Premier LeagueBohemians 1905 v Sigma Olomouc28th of Oct 2011 5:00 pmWin-Draw-WinBohemians 1905 @ 6/4

Football MatchesRussia Premier LeagueCSKA Moscow v Spartak Nalchik28th of Oct 2011 4:15 pmWin-Draw-WinCSKA Moscow @ 1/4
    €10 returns €838

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Hey lads, good looking bet tomorrow in the Slovakian League. Top of the table Trnava are away to rock bottom Presov who only have one win in 13 games. Trnava are 10/11 for the away win. Looks a pretty decent bet considering the circumstances.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Had no idea i could even do a card/corner double in the same match.

I just have a serious problem of adding that 1 bet extra.

Like yesterday with the PP special palermo/Bilbao/Espanyol.
    Thick enough to add la coruna in that who were away at cartagena who hadnt won a home match this season. And now they have.

• Advertisement

So, with the predictions from that website I've done:

Bohemians
    Bochum
    St Pauli win or draw
    CSKA Moscow
    @6.21

and another accum with:

Bohemians win or draw
    Viktoria Plzen to win by 2 or more goals
    Porto to win by 2 or more goals