Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

clearodara wrote: »
    Hey lads, good looking bet tomorrow in the Slovakian League. Top of the table Trnava are away to rock bottom Presov who only have one win in 13 games. Trnava are 10/11 for the away win. Looks a pretty decent bet considering the circumstances.

Yeah it looks like they should prob win maybe 1 or 2 nil.

Presov have only scored once in the last 6 matches at home, but have also only conceded 6, while Trnava have only scored 8 in their last 6 away matches so it points to a low scoring match i reckon.

Trnava also seem to be missing 2 first teamers, providing google translates knowledge of slovakian is correct!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

clearodara wrote: »
    Hey lads, good looking bet tomorrow in the Slovakian League. Top of the table Trnava are away to rock bottom Presov who only have one win in 13 games. Trnava are 10/11 for the away win. Looks a pretty decent bet considering the circumstances.

Presov have lost 4 of their last 5 games by the same scoreline : 1-0, and Trnava have won 3 of their last 5 games 1-0

Presov not to score is at 2.10, I'll take that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Their predictions are in the TIP column, not sure what the figures in the 1 X and 2 columns mean though.

Cheers, I think the 1 X 2 numbers are - home win/draw/away win "weighting" based on form

Porto (1) v Ferreira (11) 61 (home win) 11 (draw) 6 (away win) with 1 (tip home win)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Going with
    Huddersfield / Sapmdoria / chelsea / dynamo dresden to win 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

mike65 wrote: »
    Cheers, I think the 1 X 2 numbers are - home win/draw/away win "weighting" based on form

Porto (1) v Ferreira (11) 61 (home win) 11 (draw) 6 (away win) with 1 (tip home win)

1 - home
    X - draw
    2 - away

1X is home win or draw
    2x is away win or draw

i think

• Advertisement

Here is another example of Poisson distribution predictions, but this one adds in a value rating for the pick

Rubin Kazan vs Rostselmash X2 (away/draw) 21.0 (value) odds home 1.30/ draw 4.70/ away 10.00 so it looks like the double chance is a high value bet.

http://zaloji.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Here is another example of Poisson distribution predictions, but this one adds in a value rating for the pick

Rubin Kazan vs Rostselmash X2 (away/draw) 21.0 (value) odds home 1.30/ draw 4.70/ away 10.00 so it looks like the double chance is a high value bet.

http://zaloji.net/

Dont know what to think of that website, they think Porto will lose, CSKA Moscow and Plzen will not win...

EDIT: and Man City not to win vs Wolves wtf...

I agree there are some strange win predictions but when you add in the value weighting I can see where its coming from. You will loose plenty of bets but if the stake reflects the "value" then it might pay over time, clearly its one for singles and a large bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭warder6161

Football Matches
    Russia Premier League
    CSKA Moscow v Spartak Nalchik
    28th of Oct 2011 4:15 pm
    Alternative Handicap
    CSKA Moscow (-1.0) @ 8/11
    Pending

Selection Selection Details Result
    Football Matches
    Russia Premier League
    Rubin Kazan v FK Rostov
    28th of Oct 2011 2:00 pm
    Handicap Betting
    Rubin Kazan (-1.0) @ evens
    50 pays 172

Football Matches
    Russia Premier League
    Rubin Kazan v FK Rostov
    28th of Oct 2011 2:00 pm
    Alternative Handicap
    Rubin Kazan (-2.0) @ 11/4
    Pending

Selection Selection Details Result
    Football Matches
    Russia Premier League
    CSKA Moscow v Spartak Nalchik
    28th of Oct 2011 4:15 pm
    Handicap Betting
    CSKA Moscow (-2.0) @ 2/1
    Pending
    30 pays 340

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Ov 3.5 bookings in the Freiburg/Leverkusen match could be promising

MARCO FRITZ is in charge, lowest card count this season has been 4.

http://www.soccerway.com/referees/marco-fritz/48801/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

for the weekend I've gone for :
    Norwich, Swansea, Rangers, Marseille, Cologne, Uidenese.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Card Index:

Over 45 points Everton V Man Utd @13/5

bit risky with Halsey in charge as he not to fond of the yellows but these games are generally robust, could easily see 4 or 5 yellows

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Was in a PP shop and they had even money that there would be a goal in every EPL game tomorrow (Sat only). There are 8 games on asfaik. The last 0-0 i see was on the 24/09/11 WBA v Fulham. Is this good value????

Saturday, 29 October 2011
    Everton v Man Utd, 12:00
    Chelsea v Arsenal, 12:45
    Man City v Wolverhampton, 15:00
    Norwich v Blackburn, 15:00
    Sunderland v Aston Villa, 15:00
    Swansea v Bolton, 15:00
    Wigan v Fulham, 15:00
    West Brom v Liverpool, 17:30

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Warper wrote: »
    Was in a PP shop and they had even money that there would be a goal in every EPL game tomorrow (Sat only). There are 8 games on asfaik. The last 0-0 i see was on the 24/09/11 WBA v Fulham. Is this good value????

these 3 could be 0-0
    is this bet in shop only?

Edit: but to answer your question, this is very good value, basically an accum of over 0.5 goals in 8 games @evens, happy days

Norwich v Blackburn, 15:00 - Norwich can attack well, as can Blackburn at times (see Wednesday)
    Swansea v Bolton, 15:00 - Swansea are scoring goals
    Wigan v Fulham, 15:00 - Wigan are very soft at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

gone with a wild one for tomorow

Man united
    arsenal
    cork city

10 pays nearly 300

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Warper wrote: »

Everton v Man Utd, 12:00
    Chelsea v Arsenal, 12:45
    Man City v Wolverhampton, 15:00
    Sunderland v Aston Villa, 15:00
    West Brom v Liverpool, 17:30

Well it's better value than doing over 0.5 goals in an accumulator. That works out at 1.49 on bet365 for the saturday games. And only 1.66 when you include the 2 saturday games.

I can see a goal in each game. Think after the mid week Carling cup games there might be a few lapses in judgment at the back in teams. I actually wouldn't be surprised if every team scored on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sligo Rovers -1, Shamrock Rovers -1, Man City -1, Man Utd, Crawley, Swindon and Sheff Utd 14/1 any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,195 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gavin any news about Rovers lineup?

• Advertisement

The team are being awarded the championship trophy after the game so I'm pretty sure they'll want to sign off with a good win.

That 14/1 looks pretty good, you could swap Shef Utd for Wednesday away against Wycombe Wandrs for better value

That 14/1 looks pretty good, you could swap Shef Utd for Wednesday away against Wycombe Wandrs for better value

Not a fan of backing away teams, cheers for the input though.

Not a fan of backing away teams, cheers for the input though.

Gavin will you reply here if Rovers have their full strength team or not please

Headshot wrote: »
    Gavin will you reply here if Rovers have their full strength team or not please

I will if you give me your opinion on my 14/1 bet on the other page.:D

Sligo Rovers -1, Shamrock Rovers -1, Man City -1, Man Utd, Crawley, Swindon and Sheff Utd 14/1 any opinions?
    I will if you give me your opinion on my 14/1 bet on the other page.:D

black mailing fecker :D

Id be unsure on sligo because they have nothing to play for, any other day of the week they should get that -1 but will they be really up for it ?

Rovers - have to see the team
    city looks good for it
    man utd look dodgy to me, they havent performed that well as of late and Everton is a hard place to go
    I dont have a clue on crawley, swindon and sheff utd, sorry

Ye a few people said Man Utd were dodge. Them out and it's a nice 7/1+ accum.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

All over CSKA on the handicap, -1 @ 10/11 and -2 @ 5/2 in the afternoon.

Nom nom nom nom nom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Fizbo

Really fancy Shamrock Rovers to hammer Galway tonight ..With the size of Rovers squad even if they start a second team it will still be a very good side as they have so many options in each position ..(Kilduff, O Neill , Dennehey , Rice , Turner etc..)
    Also it will be the party atmosphere , the place will be buzzing and they will want to sign off with a nice win , and with them in Europe the players will want to play as well as possible to get into the squad for the European game to be in the "Shop Window " or to tie up a contract for next season.
    I can see a scoreline or 6-0 + and Galway getting a man sent off
    (btw I dont support Rovers , i'm a Bohs fan so i am not being bias )
    Have a good amount on the -4 at 23/10 . I was in Ladbrokes and PP looking for -5 but neither would give me odds on it :S ..Does anyone know where I could get odds on it ?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Pacos de Ferreira haven't won away from home in Primeira Liga since February and will be languishing nearer the bottom of the table come the seasons end.

Porto are Porto :pac:

Porto -2 @ evens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Ye a few people said Man Utd were dodge. Them out and it's a nice 7/1+ accum.

Everton did go to Extra Time on Wed night and lost.

I fancy Man Utd to do the business on Sat

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement