Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Some stats from Opta that can be possibly helpful:
    7 - Everton haven't scored a first half goal in their last seven Premier League games. Shy.
    10 - In Fulham's 10 games in all competitions this season, the away side on the day has now failed to score nine times. Blank.
    22 - Robin Van Persie has now scored 22 goals in 26 appearances for Arsenal in 2011. Deadly.
    6 - Luis Suarez has now scored six goals in his last five games for Uruguay & Liverpool. Rampant.
    6 - Steven Fletcher has scored six goals in his last eight Premier League games for Wolves. Flourishing.
    2 - Sunderland have kept just two clean sheets in their last 17 PL games & their last clean sheet at home was on New Year’s Day. Leaky.
    12 - Klaas Jan Huntelaar scored 12 goals in his six competitive games so far. In the previous season he netted just 13 in 35 games. Scorer.
    1 – Sejad Salihovic is the only player in the Bundesliga to score in every competitive game for his team this season. Guarantee.
    25 - 1. FC Köln haven't won any of their last 25 Bundesliga games against 1. FC Kaiserslautern (7 draws, 18 defeats). Bogey.
    13 - Gladbach didn't concede more than 1 goal in each of the last 13 matches in the Bundesliga, this is a new club record. History
    1.14 - Valencia's points per game in LigaBBVA 2010/11 without Mata in the starting XI, vs 2.03 with him. Exit
    6 - Olivier Giroud (Montpellier) has scored 6 goals in 8 league games against France's Big Four (Lille, Lyon, Marseille, PSG). Impact.
    2 - Montpellier & St Etienne are the only teams who have yet to fall behind in a Ligue 1 game this season. Advantage.
    5 - Lyon have conceded the opening goal in each of their first five competitive games this season but are still unbeaten. Resourceful.
    4 - Pascal Feindouno has scored 4 goals in his last 2 competitive games for Sion. Whirlwind.
    33 - Eden Hazard, Moussa Sow & Dimitri Payet have had 33 shots but haven't scored after three matchdays in Ligue 1. Adjusting.
    6 - Marseille have drawn six consecutive top-flight games for the first time ever. Stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭sullanefc

If Shelbourne are found guilty of match fixing, then surely there will be player suspensions/points deductions. If nothing comes from it, then they could still be affected psychologically.

Cork City (2nd) at 10/1 to win the league with 9 games left??

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I see Racing didnt do the business diring the night,dozed off watching it,ah well.

For today

Villa DNB
    Fortuna Dusseldorf
    Bayern
    Just over 5/1 on PP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

Two for me today

Goldado to score, Valencia to win Single

Chelsea, Bayern, Valencia, Liverpool Accumulator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Wolves have been flying so far this season, Villa have been decent but I cant see Villa winning this game. I expect Villa to get off to a good start as they usually do but for Wolves to come into the game more as they usually do!

So ive gone:
    Villa/Wolves HT:FT @35/1 (5 euro)
    Villa/Draw HT:FT @12/1 (5 euro)

Also double on Liverpool -1 and Chelsea -2 (20 euro) around 4.5/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Darren Bent Anytime Goalscorer @ Evens in the early game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

sullanefc wrote: »
    If Shelbourne are found guilty of match fixing, then surely there will be player suspensions/points deductions. If nothing comes from it, then they could still be affected psychologically.

Cork City (2nd) at 10/1 to win the league with 9 games left??

Well if Shelbourne did match fix they should be thrown out of the league never mind deducted points. Rovers put irish football on the map this week and then Shel's go away and do that. It's a bloody disgrace really. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Heskey has been booked twice this season and is 7s for a booking today.:)

I really can't believe Sunderland are 2/1 to beat Swansea...I don't get it, Swansea lost 4-0 against Man City and people think Swansea are great because of it. I think Bruce will be two up front and make changes in midfield and I can see Sunderland taking his. Sunderland are soild in defence and I can't see Swansea scoring. (well I taught so till I read that they didn't keep a clean sheet since the new year)

Brighton beat Peterborough by 3-0 and 3-1 last year. I think Brighton are going to the premier league so I'll take the 10/11.

Derby (6/5) have only concede one goal in the league this year and somehow are scoring goals this year I think they are good value to beat a Burnley side who are in transition.

Millwall (8/11) are playing Barnsley, Barnsley won last week be really should of lost. Millwall had a hard match against Southampton but should have enough to beat Barnsley

Middlesbrough are 4/6 to beat a dreadful Coventry and should win, Middlesbrough are unbeaten so far this year in the league while Coventry have only scored once and lost all their games this year.

I also done an accumulator of

Sunderland,
    Brighton,
    Derby,
    Millwall,
    Crawley
    & Middlesbrough

69/1 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 23,851 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Heskey has been booked twice this season and is 7s for a booking today.:)

seems big
    where did you get that?
    just had a look on betfair and 5.6 is the current price
    seems awful big for a bookie

edit
    just spotted it
    skybet
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/aston-villa-v-wolverhampton/to-be-shown-a-card

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

gudede wrote: »
    I really can't believe Sunderland are 2/1 to beat Swansea...I don't get it, Swansea lost 4-0 against Man City and people think Swansea are great because of it. I think Bruce will be two up front and make changes in midfield and I can see Sunderland taking his. Sunderland are soild in defence and I can't see Swansea scoring. (well I taught so till I read that they didn't keep a clean sheet since the new year)

opta stat from list above

2 - Sunderland have kept just two clean sheets in their last 17 PL games & their last clean sheet at home was on New Year’s Day. Leaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,851 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

fiver on heskey to be booked to get the day rolling at 7/1 :pac:

mike65 wrote: »
    opta stat from list above

I also highlighted that if you look at the rest of my post...I was quite surprised to here that because they were so solid that at the start of last season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Chelsea to keep a clean sheet today @ 4/5
    Brighton @ home today v Peterborough @ 9/10

I like the brighton price, hopefully with the Sherriff winnings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Crewe and Leeds for me today..

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

mailburner wrote: »
    fiver on heskey to be booked to get the day rolling at 7/1 :pac:

if anything he b calming down after having 2 yellows already. shurly. went to do it anyway 4 da craic but no joy. hope it comes off 4 ya though....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Going for bts in these games to start with

Villa/ Wolves
    Pool/ Bolton
    Brighton/ P' Boro
    Leicester/ S hampton
    Bury/ Charlton

€10 paying €123

Also

Aachen/ Dusseldorf over 1.5
    Karlsruher/ Frankfurt over 1.5
    Villa/ Wolves over 2.5
    Wigan/ Qpr over 1.5

€25 paying €101

And €50 on Villa/ Wolves over 2.5 at 1/1 like this price fancy 2-2 but no money left!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Aston Villa v Wolves
    Over 2.5 Goals 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Chelsea to win to nil @ 4/5
    Manchester United @ 1/2
    Swansea vs Sunderland under 2.5 @ 7/10

€10 returns €45.90

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Couple more accums:

Fortuna Dusseldorf, over 2.5 in Freiburg and Hamburg games €10 pays €60

Soldado AT, Cisse AT, Betis DNB €10 pays €60

Boro, Crawley, Brighton and Munich €10 pays €100

Draws Blackburn/Villa/Swansea/Wigan €1 pays €120, trebles €4 pays €150

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Lads im looking for an alternative to Paddy powers, what my best bet ? Not interested in Betfair tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Anyone betting in-running on Villa V Wolves?

Can't make up my mind what to go for

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Lads im looking for an alternative to Paddy powers, what my best bet ? Not interested in Betfair tbh.
    Bet365 are pretty good, i joined Skybet yesterday, seems quite good so far. Decent range of markets. Depends what markets you use though too.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

ft9 wrote: »
    Anyone betting in-running on Villa V Wolves?

Can't make up my mind what to go for

Looks abit like a bore..Bent seems lively-ish

I'm the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Tom Tomsk in Russia Premier League have lost their last 4 in a row and haven't scored a single goal in thos 4 games.

They are home to Amkar @ 1230. Amkar double chance @ 8/15 worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

What exactly does double chance mean?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

stingerro wrote: »
    He is in insane form at the start of the season, Freigburg is playing Wolfsburg at home, can see him scoring again.

Surprised no one has signed him. He was tremendous for them(Frieberg)last season. Continuing from where he as left off.
    ft9 wrote: »
    What exactly does double chance mean?

You can beat on the draw and a team winning, usually at measly odds.

Anyone watching the midlands derby atm, if so, how's it panning out?

Anyone watching the midlands derby atm, if so, how's it panning out?

Not many chances ..plenty of corners though

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Not many chances ..plenty of corners though

Reckon it'll pass over 6 corners total for the 2nd half?

• Advertisement

total of 16 on bet365?..Hasn't been one now for 10mins..I might go for under 16 5/6

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement