Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Void, should be as if the game was never there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Lens/Sedan Ov 2.5 @ 6/5
    Murcia/Deportivo Ov 2.5 @ 11/10

£25 double pays £115.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I've reactivated a Skybet account I used to have after a run
    in with PaddyPower saturday night and I have to sayso far Skybet prices seems to be better than PP's .

Does anyone else use skybet? have any opinion on them?

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I've reactivated a Skybet account I used to have after a run
    in with PaddyPower saturday night and I have to sayso far Skybet prices seems to be better than PP's .

Does anyone else use skybet? have any opinion on them?

I've started a log with them,

Prices are very erratic, some very good and some very bad. not much match markets for the less popular matches, if i reach my target with them i'll be withdrawing.

I'll only ever probably use them if their price is good.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

magherakid wrote: »
    Take it you didnt look at England's great form at Wembley :p

I know.
    But i just dont trust friendlies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Lens/Sedan Ov 2.5 @ 6/5
    Murcia/Deportivo Ov 2.5 @ 11/10

£25 double pays £115.

Seems like a good enough bet, gonna follow you on that and put €10 on it

Keith Barry says Ireland 2 - 1 Estonia on friday.......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,049 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 OneOpportunity

I'm off to lay that so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Football, Ecuador Serie A
    LDU Quito - El Nacional

Pick: LDU
    Odds: 1.80
    Bookmaker: Stan James

Last test for LDU before they can finally take a breather. They've had a hectic schedule so far in recent weeks, but after this match they will have close to 2 weeks of rest, due to the International break. That is why they will use most of their regular players tonight, despite having played on Thursday in Copa Sudamericana against Libertad Asuncion. Defender Guagua is suspended for this match, but Araujo is fit again to play, so they shouldn't have problems in the defensive line. Barcos and Bieler are expected to command the offensive of the team. El Nacional will miss their regular goalkeeper, who is injured. The odds seem good enough for a bet, since in their last 3 encounter in Casa Blanca, LDU were around 1.50 favorites, and they won every time (they have 6 consecutive victories at home against El Nacional, and haven't lost since 2006, in a Sudamericana match). GL!
    As you see price went down heavily, it definitely looked like a good pick at 1.80.

• Advertisement

I'm off to lay that so...

He got the Heineken cup final right 2 years ago, Leinster by 3 i think! Costt PP 200k....

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/keiths-magic-bet-costs-bookies-a-fortune-1750040.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Anyone know what happened with the the Hyde game?

Its gone from all the bookies websites, and livescore.com

been called off???

EDIT: Delayed, KO now 8.30pm

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Lens/Sedan Ov 2.5 @ 6/5

1-1 already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

€5 @ 9/1 will do no harm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 OneOpportunity

He got the Heineken cup final right 2 years ago, Leinster by 3 i think! Costt PP 200k....

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/keiths-magic-bet-costs-bookies-a-fortune-1750040.html

It's just guesswork though. In my opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

shocksy wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened with the the Hyde game?

Its gone from all the bookies websites, and livescore.com

been called off???

EDIT: Delayed, KO now 8.30pm
    Yeah, game have just started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

has he gotten many predictions right or wrong??????

this is the first iv ever heard of him givin predictions

No idea, just spotted it in the Independent today, wouldn't look too much into it! as said thou, will probably pop a fiver on at 9's!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

hes got a few prediction correct alright from looking at that article

might put something on it later:)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,184 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    I did Hyde too but in a double with dnb Eint Frankfurt

get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Spain at 10/11 look a cracking bet to beat England on Sat....with PP so may get evs or better somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXFISH1

it's always a bit dodgy betting on friendlies tho isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If England start with Rooney/Carroll and Spain with Torres/Villa it could be along evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

weirdly enough thats the score id put money on if i do

i think we'll go 2-0 up then get cocky and start playing gash concede a goal then be put under some pressure and we see it out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

madma wrote: »
    weirdly enough thats the score id put money on if i do

i think we'll go 2-0 up then get cocky and start playing gash concede a goal then be put under some pressure and we see it out

Tbh I was thinking the same, most likely score IMO.

Cant see us scoring 2 goals, gonna wait and see the line up

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

mike65 wrote: »
    If England start with Rooney/Carroll and Spain with Torres/Villa it could be along evening!
    As far as i know Rooney wasnt selected.
    So it might even be a longer evening...

Yeah, Rooney's not in the squad lads,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Spain HT/FT @ 11/5 looks nice:

What a squad:

Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), José Reina (Liverpool), Víctor Valdés (Barcelona); Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Gerard Piqué (Barcelona), Jordi Alba (Valencia), Raúl Albiol (Real Madrid), Nacho Monreal (Málaga); Xavi (Barcelona), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Santi Cazorla (Málaga), Javi Martínez (Athletic Bilbao), Cesc Fábregas (Barcelona), Andrés Iniesta (Barcelona); David Villa (Barcelona), David Silva (Manchester City), Fernando Torres (Chelsea), Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao), Juan Mata (Chelsea), Jesús Navas (Sevilla)

Compared to this:

England squad to face Spain and Sweden: Hart (Man City), Carson (Bursaspor), Stockdale (Ipswich); G Johnson (Liverpool), Jones (Man Utd), Cahill (Bolton), Terry (Chelsea), Cole (Chelsea), Baines (Everton), Jagielka (Everton), Lescott (Man City), Walker (Tottenham); Lampard (Chelsea), Rodwell (Everton), Downing (Liverpool), Barry (Man City), A Johnson (Man City), Milner (Man City), Parker (Tottenham), Walcott (Arsenal); Bent (Aston Villa), Sturridge (Chelsea), Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Zamora (Fulham), Welbeck (Man Utd)

Even Spains worst possible XI would smash England's best.

A few niggling doubts preventing me from lumping on:

1/ Spain's mindset- they have been poor in friendlies lately and may not be arsed punishing England's Brave.

2/ Some of the English players will play this like a cup final and may scrap a draw. If likes of Parker are mad up for it and Spain are disinterested, England could battle to a heroic 0-0.

3/ It's a fcking friendly. I fcking hate friendlies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Yardie wrote: »
    Spain HT/FT @ 11/5 looks nice:

What a squad:

Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), José Reina (Liverpool), Víctor Valdés (Barcelona); Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Gerard Piqué (Barcelona), Jordi Alba (Valencia), Raúl Albiol (Real Madrid), Nacho Monreal (Málaga); Xavi (Barcelona), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Santi Cazorla (Málaga), Javi Martínez (Athletic Bilbao), Cesc Fábregas (Barcelona), Andrés Iniesta (Barcelona); David Villa (Barcelona), David Silva (Manchester City), Fernando Torres (Chelsea), Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao), Juan Mata (Chelsea), Jesús Navas (Sevilla)

Compared to this:

England squad to face Spain and Sweden: Hart (Man City), Carson (Bursaspor), Stockdale (Ipswich); G Johnson (Liverpool), Jones (Man Utd), Cahill (Bolton), Terry (Chelsea), Cole (Chelsea), Baines (Everton), Jagielka (Everton), Lescott (Man City), Walker (Tottenham); Lampard (Chelsea), Rodwell (Everton), Downing (Liverpool), Barry (Man City), A Johnson (Man City), Milner (Man City), Parker (Tottenham), Walcott (Arsenal); Bent (Aston Villa), Sturridge (Chelsea), Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Zamora (Fulham), Welbeck (Man Utd)

Even Spains worst possible XI would smash England's best.

A few niggling doubts preventing me from lumping on:

1/ Spain's mindset- they have been poor in friendlies lately and may not be arsed punishing England's Brave.

2/ Some of the English players will play this like a cup final and may scrap a draw. If likes of Parker are mad up for it and Spain are disinterested, England could battle to a heroic 0-0.

3/ It's a fcking friendly. I fcking hate friendlies!

+1
    Well said.

Also remember many of the players will be playing for a place in the EURO 2012 squad so could mean a huge performance from some.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement