Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Friendlies are quite dodgy but this might be a sick price. You don't think Spain will want to rock up and destroy the English? Of course they will and they will do it with ease.

I'll be taking them -1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

evosteo wrote: »
    heres my acc for the night, havent been doin much betting lately cause iv been so busy working

well heres hoping;)

1. Man City Youths @ 11/4
      Win-Draw-Win
      Celtic Youth v Man City Youths
    2. changed to celtic upon further research @10/11:D
    3. Sampdoria And Draw @ 2/5
      Double Chance
      Brescia v Sampdoria:D
    4. Hellas Verona And Draw @ 8/13
      Double Chance
      Bari v Hellas Verona:D
    5. Eint Frankfurt @ 4/6
      Win-Draw-Win
      Erzgebirge Aue v Eint Frankfurt:D
    6. Real Murcia And Draw @ 2/5
      Double Chance
      Real Murcia v Deportivo La Coruna:D
    7. St Johnstone @ 13/10
      Win-Draw-Win
      St Johnstone v Aberdeen :p voided
    8. Boca Unidos @ 8/11
      Win-Draw-Win
      Boca Unidos v Club Atletico Atlanta:D
    9. Hyde @ 4/11
      Win-Draw-Win
      Hyde v Blyth Spartans:D
    €10 returns €1072:rolleyes:
    evosteo wrote: »
    scrap man city youths, jus found there recent form, aint like the big boys, their muck, put celtic u19 down instead

noice start back to the betting, €236 quid richer thanks to that:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Cant see us scoring 2 goals, gonna wait and see the line up

If Ireland score 2 goals away from home in a play off game it would be truly a miracle.

trap will be walking on the liffey afterwards.

I hope they win but with his negative tactics I would be astounded if he goes to estonia to actually attack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Friendlies are quite dodgy but this might be a sick price. You don't think Spain will want to rock up and destroy the English? Of course they will and they will do it with ease.

I'll be taking them -1

It is a great price and I am just trying to decide whether I will lump on or just have a small stake on Spain. Prob just a small stake due to friendly factor. I can't see England scoring so maybe a saver on the 0-0 @ 19/2 could be best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I'm getting on Spain -1 @12/5 now anyway.One of the greatest teams I've ever seen and possibly at full strength vs an under strength average England squad.

Theres a big gulf in talent on paper here.Yes its a friendly and Capello is no chump either.If England can pull something out of this then all credit to them.
    That Spain squad just has too much quality imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

If Ireland score 2 goals away from home in a play off game it would be truly a miracle.

trap will be walking on the liffey afterwards.

I hope they win but with his negative tactics I would be astounded if he goes to estonia to actually attack

Scored 2 in 4 of the last 8 away from home. Plus playing away from home suits us better imo, I'd be more confident of a win on friday than tuesday.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Wish i could somehow do a double of 0-0 away, 2-1 Ireland at home.

Wish i could hibernate through this international break.
    Enough matches i want to see, England - Spain/ Germany - Holland but i nothing much i want to put money on.
    And i know i ll end up making some bets in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

My early theory for qualifications game - 1st matches all under 2.5 goals, 2nd matches - all over whatever booking line it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Going to go big on Spain @ 20/21, going to have a small bet on ht/ft and 1-0 Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Just looking at the Hungarian League Cup game between Siófok V Kaposvari. There doesn't seem to be many goals in these 2 teams. The home team have 12 in 15 league games, the away team have 18 in the same amount of games. Siofok last 5 home games have all been unders & Kaposvari last 5 away form home have been unders.

Not knowing a whole lot about the Hungarian league I am going to have a small interest in Unders at 5/6, which seems big. Saying that, with today's match being a cup match it could be the day both teams break the trend, hopefully not. Both teams are towards the bottom of the division so hopefully another stalemate in store.

Edit - Proceed with caution, this is in fact a league cup game not a league match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

inforfun wrote: »
    Wish i could somehow do a double of 0-0 away, 2-1 Ireland at home.

Ring Boyles/call into one of their shops. Their traders are specifically told that they are to give a price on any request.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

netnerd wrote: »
    Ring Boyles/call into one of their shops. Their traders are specifically told that they are to give a price on any request.

Thanks, might just do that.

I know it isnt that hard to do 1 single on the first match and then, if it comes in, put the return on the 2nd match.
    But i know myself, i would chicken out.

my guess is they will offer you 50/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Not knowing a whole lot about the Hungarian league I am going to have a small interest in Unders at 5/6, which seems big. Saying that, with today's match being a cup match it could be the day both teams break the trend, hopefully not. Both teams are towards the bottom of the division so hopefully another stalemate in store.

Edit - Proceed with caution, this is in fact a league cup game not a league match
    Hungarian League cup is well know as a Overland...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Todays bets for the moment

All 14 teams to score in the Johnstone Paint Trophy Cup €2 win @ 40/1

€3 Accum

Oldham @ 8/13
    Rochdale @ 8/5
    Swindon @ 4/6
    Cheltenham @ 4/6
    Southend @ 7/4

Returns €96

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

I got on to them last year looking for a price on Donal O'Grady (added in other names so I would get better odds) to be next Limerick manager and they wouldn't give me a price and we all know what happened :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kento

Anyone else like the look of Annan Athletic (-1) vs Peterhead @7/5 tonight in the Scottish Third division? Annan are top with Peterhead 9th and although both teams played on saturday Peterhead have won once all season with Annan only losing once. Top versus second from bottom. Might get on the handicap and just the win @ 1/2. Any thoughts?

gudede wrote: »
    I got on to them last year looking for a price on Donal O'Grady (added in other names so I would get better odds) to be next Limerick manager and they wouldn't give me a price and we all know what happened :mad:

I was referring to football, not hurling. Besides, these guys are not stupid, and won't offer you prices on a dead certainty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kento wrote: »
    Anyone else like the look of Annan Athletic (-1) vs Peterhead @7/5 tonight in the Scottish Third division? Annan are top with Peterhead 9th and although both teams played on saturday Peterhead have won once all season with Annan only losing once. Top versus second from bottom. Might get on the handicap and just the win @ 1/2. Any thoughts?

As solid as a bet as there is today I'd say. Was looking at that plus Sheffield Utd v Bradford City in the Johnston Paint Trophy and Llanelli v Carmarthen Town (unfortunately there is only a -2 handicap on PP)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,184 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mike I heard there will be changes for both teams

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm sure that's true, I wouldn't bet until I'd seen the line ups (dunno why people bet before they can know that info!)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Just looking at the Hungarian League Cup game between Siófok V Kaposvari. There doesn't seem to be many goals in these 2 teams. The home team have 12 in 15 league games, the away team have 18 in the same amount of games. Siofok last 5 home games have all been unders & Kaposvari last 5 away form home have been unders.

Well done.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

any idea when teams will be announced can someone provide a link when theay are?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Typical PP have no markets on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

You may need to wait till the match goes in-play before you can get your bets on, but the away team WILL score in the match Debreceni v Vasas. I have taken all the Evens available.

Use this info as you will, good luck.

what bookies are doing them to score?

iv had a look on powers and 365 and cant find the market

4/6 on Vasas to score lol

pp pricing

Headshot wrote: »
    4/6 on Vasas to score lol

pp pricing

Did u request that price? Its not on the site...

shocksy wrote: »
    Did u request that price? Its not on the site...

yes shock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I have taken all the Evens available.

where was the Evens?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement