Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Both teams to score- No. 8/11 paddy power

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

2 bets tonight for me

barcelona match

15 on over 5.5 goals 7/2 bet 365

10 on over 6.5 goals 8/1 bet 365

heres hoping for a goal fest;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Yardie wrote: »
    Barca team tonight - Pinto; Dos Santos, Puyol, Fontàs, Maxwell; Keita, Xavi, Iniesta; Villa, Cesc y Tello. Gonna be a massacre.

-2 at evens and villa fgs at 11/5 for ****s and giggles

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭risenbass

I'm thinkin of a xavi wincast at 9/5

not a huge amount of value on this game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Barca in a cup tonight?? How come Villa and Iniesta etc are playing they not in Spanish squad?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Going to have small nip @ Barca -1 1st half handicap @6/4 on PaddyPower too

No big stakes on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

My bets for the barcelona game

€10 over 2.5 first half @ 12/5
    €10 Barcelona -1 First Half @ 13/10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Went with pp Barca -2 1/1 was only 8/11 with Bet365
    and -3 9/4 was only 13/8 with bet365.

any1 no whos on the barca bench?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

evosteo wrote: »
    any1 no whos on the barca bench?
    Sergi Roberto, Sergio Busquets, Abidal, Rafinha and goalkeeper Oier Olazabal.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭risenbass

Been a poor half, considering the team barca have out they haven't had enough chances. Lucky for them Iniesta got that cracker.

Still that goal should open the gates for barca to push on, will be interesting to see if the other team start pushing players forward

Something regarding Bosna - Portugal match:
    pitch is awful and tight as hell, it has always been like that, so yea unders would be my choice also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anyone been looking at the Vasco game? They lost the first leg 2-0 so will be looking to make amends tonight. From what I can see they rested alot of players for the first leg & all of these should be back tonight. The -2 handicap is interesting but will prob have a few quid on over 2.5 in play if it goes anywhere near evens.

Other bets of interest are Vasco HT / FT 8/11 & Vasco to qualify at 5/4. Just need to decide which to go with

Any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Optimistic Fool

Wouldn't go all out on Vasco if I was you, researched the game earlier and it appears they're focusing on the league which they're joint 1st in and I can't see them going all out trying to claw this one back. That's not to say they won't win because they are the better team by a long shot but i'd be cautious!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

My bet here is 2nd half to be the highest scoring half.

Universitario are going to be defending for their lives from the off, knowing that Vasco have to win by 3 goals to go through.

I don't think theyre good enough to play this way for the full 90 though, and the game should open up in the 2nd half.

I take 2nd half for medium stakes @ 6/5

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Following is based on what happened in the past and an certain "i backed them in the past and they did me good" feeling.

22.00 kick off
    Universidad Catolica - Magellanes in the Chilean Cup
    Bit of a weird format where a ****load of clubs play 8 matches in a kind of a league and the top 8 will move on to H/A knock out rounds.

Magellanes (2nd division) did cost me 1 or 2 accumulators, one where they drew won away against U de Chile* . That is when they caught my eye.
    In the knock out stages i backed them away to Stg Morning @6 and away to La Serena @7 both were winners

So i feel i almost owe it to them to back them tonight @8 away to Catolica.

*(pretty sure that was the last time U de Chile has lost a match, they are on a 25 match unbeaten run in all competitions)

And again they were good to me :D

U Catolica - Magellanes 0-1

1 Magallanes Universidad Catolica v Magallanes
    (Full Time Result) 09/11/2011 None 8.00 Won

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

inforfun wrote: »
    And again they were good to me :D

U Catolica - Magellanes 0-1

1 Magallanes Universidad Catolica v Magallanes
    (Full Time Result) 09/11/2011 None 8.00 Won

Good call,I remember you backing them before when I backed the favourite and they won too.

netnerd wrote: »

Universitario are going to be defending for their lives from the off, knowing that Vasco have to win by 3 goals to go through.

I don't think theyre good enough to play this way for the full 90 though, and the game should open up in the 2nd half.

Already 3:2 (1:1). Nice bet. Don't recall doing bet like this before and I was disappointed to see bet365 not having this available.

netnerd wrote: »

well done netnerd, great pick

great match to watch too, all out attacking:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

Anyone looking forward to England v Spain bet-wise?

Perhaps a cheeky over 2.5, over 3.5, over 4.5 is in order. Odds respectively 11/10, 5/2, 11/2 on PP atm.

Now, back to my college work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I don't see that many goals really. England missing Rooney will be fairly toothless, Spain with any interest at all will hold onto the ball for the vast majority of the game, while probably being content to do just that once they get a goal or two ahead.

Spain conceded in their last two friendlies when their defence was a shambles due to injuries and a couple of positional experiments, for this game with Puyol back in the fold I'd expect a return to the tried and tested, and a shutout similar to those they enjoyed in the friendlies before the Italy game.

I'm interested in Spain to win 1-0 (13/2 w/Stan James) and 2-0 (17/2 w/Stan James) fwiw, although obv investing heavily in any friendly market is foolhardy at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

2 trebles:
    Austria U21
    Russia U21
    England U21
    @2.00

Austria U21
    under 3.5 in France U21 - Romania U21
    under 3.5 in Spain U21 - Estonia U21
    @3.68

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

this is the Brasil team to face Gabon this evening:

BRASIL: Diego Alves, Fábio, Luisão, David Luiz e Adriano; Sandro, Elias, Hernanes e Bruno César; Hulk e Jonas

Hulk looks like a blindingly obvious first goal scorer pick @ 4/1, but on a quiet day when theres not much else happening, I'll go for Hernanes @ 17/2, who will be fighting with Hulk over who gets to take free kicks and any penalty.

I take small bet on Hernanes first goal @ 17/2

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

England U21 to win
    Portugal to qualify
    Rep of Ireland to qualify

6/5 treble with Sky Bet

• Registered Users Posts: 54,183 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I really like this bet

European U21 Championship Qualifiers Spain U21 v Estonia U21
    10-11-2011 19:45
    Timecast
    Spain U21 to Score the First Goal after minute 17 @ evens
    International Friendlies Gabon v Brazil
    10-11-2011 18:00
    To Win to Nil
    Brazil @ 10/11
    European U21 Championship Qualifiers England U21 v Iceland U21
    10-11-2011 19:30
    Alternative Handicap
    England U21 (-1.0) @ 1/2
    Your Bets
    Treble
    1 line at €25.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €25.00
    Potential returns: €143.18

If you look at Estonia's past games you would see they defend alot and only for a hiccup against Ireland (they probably thought they had a chance against us)

England should easily get that -1 imo. They beat Iceland already 3-0

Alot of the tipsters are going for the brazil to win to nil so iv followed ( I think its the dodgy one myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Anyone know where i can find corner & card stats for the international games ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,049 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Am thinking Ireland/Czech double for tomorrow, 20 returns 84.
    Czechs are decent at home but Montenegro are poor on the road with 6 defeats in 9. As for Ireland i fancy us to win by a goal. Anyone got an opinion on this double?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

keane2097 wrote: »
    I don't see that many goals really. England missing Rooney will be fairly toothless, Spain with any interest at all will hold onto the ball for the vast majority of the game, while probably being content to do just that once they get a goal or two ahead.

Spain conceded in their last two friendlies when their defence was a shambles due to injuries and a couple of positional experiments, for this game with Puyol back in the fold I'd expect a return to the tried and tested, and a shutout similar to those they enjoyed in the friendlies before the Italy game.

I'm interested in Spain to win 1-0 (13/2 w/Stan James) and 2-0 (17/2 w/Stan James) fwiw, although obv investing heavily in any friendly market is foolhardy at best.

I was thinking tight first half, but with the obvious unloading off the bench things will open up, and players trying to impress will lead to a few goals. Both teams to score IMO would be the best bet. I think Spain will win 3-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Eng u21 v Ice u21
    Both Teams to Score= No @ 4/6

England u21 have only conceded 1 goal in their 3 games and Iceland have only scored 2 (both against Belguim at home). England bet Iceland 3-0 away last october

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement