Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

An interesting stat related to the Ireland tie is that according to Opta Estonia fired in the most shots on target from outside the box in Euro 2012 Qualifying & scored joint-most long range goals (7).

That's almost 50% of the goals they scored in total (15). Memory would seem to tell me Shay has rarely coughed up any long range ones for Ireland, although I don't watch all that much soccer anymore so maybe I'm not remembering very well?

If my suspicion is right I'm thinking that's a little extra lean for backing the unders.

Also think its a sign that Estonia have been on the good side of variance in this campaign and been pretty fortunate. You wonder where the goals will come from when these (lucky?) long range efforts stop going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Portugal U21 to score 2 or more first half goals @ Evens

€10 on for the interest

shocksy wrote: »
    Portugal U21 to score 2 or more first half goals @ Evens

€10 on for the interest

22mins in and the bet is a winner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Nice Shocksy!,

Need one from spain!

Nice Shocksy!,

Need one from spain!

5-0 There you go :D

• Advertisement

Goals everywhere tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Brazil -1 just went from 2/5 to 20/21 on Bet365.:confused:

Just done an accum for interest:

Norway U21 -v- Belgium U21 Over 1.5 Goals
    Brazil -1
    England U19
    England U21 -1
    Spain U21 -2
    Portugal U21 -1

€5 returns €37.48

Winner winner, chicken dinner!:cool:

The only game that had me sweating was England Under19, rest done the job fairly easy.

Anyone got any tips for later? Tempting to put all mine into the Velez Sarsfield -v- Santa Fe match.

Was actually €37.48 profit, forgot Bet365 don't show you stake when placing a bet, even better.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭paulisagayboy

brazil -1
    england u/21 -1

Have a feeling england will let me down!

England did the biz for us tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,183 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tempting to put all mine into the Velez Sarsfield -v- Santa Fe match.

Just for a heads up the home team will go thru with a 0-0

tricky game to predict. By right the home team should win but they arent that great this season tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Ireland
    Portugal
    Cyprus - Scotland, Handicap draw

€5 returns just under €100

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭paulisagayboy

everyone making quids!!!

spain hammered the handicap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Velez and under 2.5 @ 2/1 just incase there not to bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

under 2.5 in the velez match???????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Velez scored 4 in their last 5, santa 6 in their last 5,

Velez are fairly well structured, might chance 1-0 or 2-0

Headshot wrote: »
    Just for a heads up the home team will go thru with a 0-0

tricky game to predict. By right the home team should win but they arent that great this season tbh

Cheers.
    Derek! wrote: »
    Velez and under 2.5 @ 2/1 just incase there not to bothered

Might have a small nibble on that tbh.:D

Gonna go with gut instinct in the Velez game, i think there will be goals,

€20 on Over 2.5 @ Evens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

evosteo wrote: »
    under 2.5 in the velez match???????:confused:
    I'm gonna try it anyway, Headshot said they can go through with a 0-0 so I just wonder how hard they will try.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,183 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tip for the overs

http://www.betrush.com/pick,Velez___Santa_Fe,20003.html

Ill be sticking with the live betting tbh. Its just to unpredictable

edit

Another tip for unders

http://www.365tip.com/tip-Velez%20Sarfield-Independiente%20Santa%20Fe-9692.html

See very unpredictable

right 20 on under 2.5 @8/11

and 22 on 0-0 half time @2/1

somebodys gotta be a winner tonight:D

• Advertisement

looks like a crash and burn:o

shocksy wrote: »
    Gonna go with gut instinct in the Velez game, i think there will be goals,

€20 on Over 2.5 @ Evens

And goals there was :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Holland is playing Switzerland tonight.
    Dont expect too much from Holland in this match because i have the feeling they are more focused on the next friendly; Next week vs Germany.

It will be Van Persie up front tonight in any case, ahead of Huntelaar who is on the bench after breaking his nose last week.

No idea if there are goal scorer markets for this game but in case there is, you know who to pick.

Next match vs Germany i somehow expect an over 4,5/5,5 for that match.
    There are usually not many goals in Germany vs Holland matches but with these 2 current squads it should at least be a BTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Finding it hard today to find some value but this is what i'm looking at
    In the Aisa world cup qualifers
    South Korea
    Austrialia
    Jordan
    Japan - all to win @ 1.5/1
    Also maybe singles on
    Australia (-1) @ 11/8
    South Korea (-1) @ 6/4

Small stakes just for interest - think ill stay away from the Irish game as i always seen to loose on Irish games:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Double of:
    Turkey DNB
    Montenegro win or draw
    @3.14

2 singles:
    Estonia DNB @2.25

Konstantin Vassiljev (Estonia) anytime @ 3.50

I'm not Irish, so no bias from me here, I've see Estonia play several times and they're quite good at home, they only lost 0-1 vs Brazil in a game where they played pretty decently, they drew against Portugal and could've beaten them, they beat Uruguay and Belgium. It seems most people only remember their shock defeat vs the Faroe Islands. I think Estonia are gonna be the Latvia of 2004.

edit: Vassiljev is their playmaker, he's pretty underrated imo, he's got a good long shot and is their penalty taker, he's the most likely to score if Estonia get a goal.

Double of:
    Turkey DNB
    Montenegro win or draw
    @3.14

2 singles:
    Estonia DNB @2.25

Konstantin Vassiljev (Estonia) anytime @ 3.50

I'm not Irish, so no bias from me here, I've see Estonia play several times and they're quite good at home, they only lost 0-1 vs Brazil in a game where they played pretty decently, they drew against Portugal and could've beaten them, they beat Uruguay and Belgium. It seems most people only remember their shock defeat vs the Faroe Islands. I think Estonia are gonna be the Latvia of 2004.

The fact that they finished 10 points behind the worst Italian team in history and only amassed a total of 16 points in a group which included the Faroes and N. Ireland (who they took six from) as well as a Serbian side that was in absolute disarray for at least half the campaign is pretty telling imo.

keane2097 wrote: »
    The fact that they finished 10 points behind the worst Italian team in history and only amassed a total of 16 points in a group which included the Faroes and N. Ireland (who they took six from) as well as a Serbian side that was in absolute disarray for at least half the campaign is pretty telling imo.

Telling indeed.
    Could also mean it is a team that knows when and where they have to do the business. Rather dangerous in a K/O round.
    Ireland should qualify but i really dont think it will go as easy as people expect.

inforfun wrote: »
    Telling indeed.
    Could also mean it is a team that knows when and where they have to do the business. Rather dangerous in a K/O round.
    Ireland should qualify but i really dont think it will go as easy as people expect.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say they didn't bother getting results in a bunch of games and just turned it on when they decided they needed to.

This is a team that's been on a lucky run, scoring half their goals from long range and just getting the rub of the green in a really weak group.

Very reminiscent of Wigan last season in the EPL, where a hot streak of long range goals hid what's being exposed this season, that they're a pretty dismal side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

keane2097 wrote: »

To be fair, Ireland was in a pretty easy group (Armenia, Macedonia, Andorra) and Slovakia didn't play to their best.

I can't agree with you about Italy, they finished unbeaten in the group with 20 goals scored and only 2 conceded (1 of which was against Estonia).

• Advertisement

Was not trying to say they didnt give a **** in the other matches (won on them losing away to faroer btw...). Just that they got the results they needed when they needed them.
    A bit the opposite of Portugal, that couldnt afford to lose the last match vs Denmark and decided to just do that with conceding an early goal.

Anyway. Draw in Estonia (0-0) and a 2-1 in Ireland is what i expect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement