Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

To be fair, Ireland was in a pretty easy group (Armenia, Macedonia, Andorra) and Slovakia didn't play to their best.

I can't agree with you about Italy, they finished unbeaten in the group with 20 goals scored and only 2 conceded (1 of which was against Estonia).

Yeah but!

We beat Italy last year BOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yeah but!

We beat Italy last year BOOM!
    And Italy beat Spain so when you think about it.... Ireland is the best in the world.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

inforfun wrote: »
    Was not trying to say they didnt give a **** in the other matches (won on them losing away to faroer btw...). Just that they got the results they needed when they needed them.
    A bit the opposite of Portugal, that couldnt afford to lose the last match vs Denmark and decided to just do that with conceding an early goal.

Anyway. Draw in Estonia (0-0) and a 2-1 in Ireland is what i expect.

Yeah the unders tonight is a pretty solid bet IMO.

PP are doing some money-back special on correct score bets if Ireland win as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

keane2097 wrote: »
    The fact that they finished 10 points behind the worst Italian team in history and only amassed a total of 16 points in a group which included the Faroes and N. Ireland (who they took six from) as well as a Serbian side that was in absolute disarray for at least half the campaign is pretty telling imo.
    Italians I know would clearly disagree with you.

stingerro wrote: »
    Italians I know would clearly disagree with you.

They're hardly the best objective judges of it are they?

• Advertisement

They're hardly the best objective judges of it are they?
    Comparing their current own NT to the past ones? I think they are the best, plus I trust their judgement, as I follow their football opinions for a few years now.

Christ almighty, are you trying to claim it's a good Italy team or are you just being pedantic because I said "worst ever"?

Christ almighty, are you trying to claim it's a good Italy team or are you just being pedantic because I said "worst ever"?
    I claim that since you become active here to be a part of El Horseboxo project discussion with you is very difficult. You already called my opinion "dumb", dissed Yardie regarding bookings, etc... You posted your opinion, I countered. You will believe me or not, some other will take it under consideration, or not. There's no need to explaing myself more.

stingerro wrote: »
    I claim that since you become active here to be a part of El Horseboxo project discussion with you is very difficult. You already called my opinion "dumb", dissed Yardie regarding bookings, etc... You posted your opinion, I countered. You will believe me or not, some other will take it under consideration, or not. There's no need to explaing myself more.

Wat? I advised you against making a bet based on media conjecture about a team selection, which is clearly a bonehead move that as far as I'm aware you hadn't done anyway. If you did, w/e fair play, but it's a bad strategy.

If your reaction to finding that interaction "difficult" is to stalk me around the Gambling forum taking notes of my interactions with others and jumping on posts for the sake of pedantry I suggest going outside for a walk as you've clearly had about all the internets you can handle this week.

I particularly like the "etc...." - I'd be interested in hearing the litany of other incidents that "etc...." covers considering I have ~10 posts in the gambling forum.

Incidentally, how would you rate the current Italy team?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

€5 accum

Georgia
    Australia
    Germany U21
    Portugal
    Denmark V Sweden - Over 2.5

Returns €90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭paulisagayboy

nice to get back on topic.

anybody using the pp money back offer to back a draw in irl/estonia?

nice to get back on topic.

anybody using the pp money back offer to back a draw in irl/estonia?

I used their offer for a couple small stakes on first goal scorers and a couple correct scores.

I did €2 on McGeady and Duff, and €5 on Keane

And went with €3 stakes on a 0-0, 2-0 Ireland and 2-1 to Ireland

shocksy wrote: »
    I used their offer for a couple small stakes on first goal scorers and a couple correct scores.

Pretty close to what I'll be doing as well, although I'll probably swap 1-0 in for 2-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭paulisagayboy

shocksy wrote: »

Might take 1-1 and 0-0 at 5/1 put a tenner on both. Cant see irl losing. Good to see i can get odds on the app for estnia 8-0 as well! worth a punt? :D

Might take 1-1 and 0-0 at 5/1 put a tenner on both. Cant see irl losing. Good to see i can get odds on the app for estnia 8-0 as well! worth a punt? :D

haha 8-0, ah sure why not, i'de go with Ireland 8-0 though :p

I too cant see Ireland losing, i really think they will be well up for this, Keane and the likes, this will be one of their last chances to get into a major tournament as there is no guarantees with World Cup 2014 regarding age, injuries, and Irelands Group, so i think they will go out and do the very best they can, they did well against france that time, but we were ****ed over and was out of our control.

I believe the boys will get the job done in the first leg :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

two very bad sides that could probably go for it for 900 minutes in Estonia and still not muster a goal between them.

Opportunities could be limited and the break through will no doubt come from a set piece.

I'm taking first goal to be a penalty @ 12/1, if only to keep me interested in the boozer whilst watching the inevitable snooze-fest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

lads lookin for around 30 back from a 5er? any good ideas

im thinking
    ireland or under 2.5 in match.
    bosnia portugal over 2.5
    montengra czech both to score

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Lads Ireland DNB, Montenegro DNB and Bosnia DNB in a treble 12.5/1 with Paddy. Worth a 5er imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Having a fiver on 4 draws tonight just for the interest and also the other 3 minus Ireland. 110/1 and 34/1 :D Heres hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Sweden to score 2 or more goals tonight is 2/1. Very big price i reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

I usually don't go for these but Major rush of blood to the head:

Bosnia v Port BTTS EVS
    Turk v Croatia BTTS 10/11
    Cyprus v Scotland BTTS 5/6
    Czech Rep to win 4/6
    Hungary to win 1/7
    Cameroon to win 4/9
    Ukraine v Germany over 2.5 goals 8/11
    Ireland first team to score 10/11

@ 63/1 :D

I've got Robbie to score anytime too on a single bet to cover that insane accumulator :p

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

Really wanted Exactly 2 or 3 goals in Estonia v Rep of Ire tonight @ EVS & a draw at 21/10 on PP

I know since I haven't gone and stuck 'em on they're definitely gonna come through now too :rolleyes:

Scotland have a strong side out tonight, but will no doubt rotate the side in the 2nd half to give debuts to some of the guys on the bench.

6/5 to win the match looks attractive, but with the strong starting XI and the inevitable disruption to the flow in the 2nd half, I take Scotland to be winning at half time @ 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 54,359 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I followed ya but we'll never get away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

I really enjoy how you guys are constantly finding loopholes in the system, best of luck to the lads who get on it

this isnt a loophole, every bookie in the world will have rules governing this.

Plus, you'll have your account marked up as a cheat and factored down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone selling or buying cattle?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

netnerd wrote: »
    this isnt a loophole, every bookie in the world will have rules governing this.

Plus, you'll have your account marked up as a cheat and factored down.

what do you mean by factored down?

what do you mean by factored down?

it means your maximum stake will be put down so low as to make your account practically unuseable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Market is gone from PP now got it at 4/5 aswell

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement