Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

netnerd wrote: »
    this isnt a loophole, every bookie in the world will have rules governing this.

Plus, you'll have your account marked up as a cheat and factored down.

Not so sure about that, i cashed out with the now infamous Crystal Palace bet and i still get several free bets from PP - More than my buddy who did not get in on the action:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

Alright lads, question for yous. I'd normally deposit funds into my PP account by cash in a shop but I'm on a bus at the moment and will be heading straight into work when I'm off it so haven't got the time. Fancy a flutter on tonight's matches.

I see there's a way to transfer a certain amount from your bank account into your PP account, anyone know how long the process takes? Like in how long will the money appear in my PP account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Lads any chance of a pm with things like this in future?? If the bet ever wins Il sort whoever pms me with a few quid as a thank you on paypal!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Really like this bet..
    unledlxv.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

this isnt a loophole, every bookie in the world will have rules governing this.

Plus, you'll have your account marked up as a cheat and factored down.

Ok loophole is the wrong word, discrepancies is a better word. I just find it amazing that they are found so often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

- bo - wrote: »
    Alright lads, question for yous. I'd normally deposit funds into my PP account by cash in a shop but I'm on a bus at the moment and will be heading straight into work when I'm off it so haven't got the time. Fancy a flutter on tonight's matches.

I see there's a way to transfer a certain amount from your bank account into your PP account, anyone know how long the process takes? Like in how long will the money appear in my PP account?

Laser card is instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I don't quite understand why the odds on Montenegro are so high. Yes the Czech rep have more experience but their team isn't that impressive any more, they lost against Lithuania at home. Whereas Montenegro have a pretty good team now with Jovetic, Vucinic & co.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

with things like this, all bookies will receive an alert from Betradar long before the match is to be settled, letting them know of the early kick off.

The Palace bet, I believe was a palpable error? Completely different thing, and no doubt they paid out some people who have losing accounts, or whose accounts they have marked up as being "take all bets".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I don't quite understand why the odds on Montenegro are so high. Yes the Czech rep have more experience but their team isn't that impressive any more, they lost against Lithuania at home. Whereas Montenegro have a pretty good team now with Jovetic, Vucinic & co.

Agree completely with this fwiw.

For the tie as a whole I fancy Montenegro, although their away record isn't great, but still would be happy enough to oppose Czech Rep.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Just like a poster earlier, done a 4-fold on draws in the Euro2012 qualifiers @107
    Also did 4trebles on that which could returm €40 if at least 3 matches finish in a draw.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Laser card is instant.

Thank you good sir :)

with things like this, all bookies will receive an alert from Betradar long before the match is to be settled, letting them know of the early kick off.

The Palace bet, I believe was a palpable error? Completely different thing, and no doubt they paid out some people who have losing accounts, or whose accounts they have marked up as being "take all bets".

Interesting to read some "behind the scenes info" every now and then btw.
    Like how it is possible they have every match so quickly suspended if there is a goal. I understand with big games but with matches in the backwaters of Farawayistan....

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭risenbass

I can see the Estonia vs Ireland match being tight in the first half, might start to open up in the second half with one team maybe pushing for a goal, players being tired or the impact of subs

Draw at half time and Ireland to win is 4/1 on PP, might not be bad

Van Persie and Gomez to score at any time double @3.47

Selection Selection Details Result
    Football Matches
    Euro 2012 Qualifiers
    Estonia v Ireland
    11th of Nov 2011 7:45 pm
    To Score 2 or More Goals
    R Keane @ 16/1
    Pending

Stake per line €5.00
    Potential Returns €85.00

Football Matches
    Euro 2012 Qualifiers
    Bosnia-Herzegovina v Portugal
    11th of Nov 2011 7:00 pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Draw @ 11/5
    Pending

Football Matches
    Euro 2012 Qualifiers
    Turkey v Croatia
    11th of Nov 2011 7:05 pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Draw @ 21/10
    Pending

Football Matches
    Euro 2012 Qualifiers
    Czech Republic v Montenegro
    11th of Nov 2011 7:15 pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Czech Republic @ 7/10
    Pending

Football Matches
    Euro 2012 Qualifiers
    Estonia v Ireland
    11th of Nov 2011 7:45 pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Ireland @ 7/5
    Pending

Stake per line €5.00
    Potential Returns €202.37

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Anyone else fancy Richy Dunne at 1st goalscorer at 20/1? Powers have a money back on all losing 1st goalscorer bets if Ireland win.

inforfun wrote: »
    ...how it is possible they have every match so quickly suspended if there is a goal. I understand with big games but with matches in the backwaters of Farawayistan....

Bookies use a data feed from a 3rd party supplier, the most popular being http://www.rball.com/

Its basically text commentary, but at almost real time (much faster than tv pictures).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

hunter164 wrote: »
    Anyone else fancy Richy Dunne at 1st goalscorer at 20/1? Powers have a money back on all losing 1st goalscorer bets if Ireland win.

I've a little bit on it!

Heard somewhere he's scored in our only other 2 games against them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

holland win
    over 2.5 ukraine germany
    45 pts card index in ire estonia
    60pts index croatia turkey
    60pt index bosnia portugal

5 returns 108

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Keane first goal is 7/1 in ladbrokes :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

VW 1 wrote: »
    I really enjoy how you guys are constantly finding loopholes in the system, best of luck to the lads who get on it

What loopholes are you referring to?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

clearodara wrote: »
    What loopholes are you referring to?:confused:

I corrected that it was poorly phrased, I meant exploiting/trying to capitalise on mistakes made by bookmakers/online betting companies

• Registered Users Posts: 54,183 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bet refunded for the congo game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Headshot wrote: »
    bet refunded for the congo game
    PP?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

hunter164 wrote: »

I went with this yesterday along with 2-0 and 2-1, all €20 bets with PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,183 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bookies use a data feed from a 3rd party supplier, the most popular being http://www.rball.com/

Its basically text commentary, but at almost real time (much faster than tv pictures).

What about satellite feeds?

Do they rely on text commentary or the match?

I notice some times when watching a satellite feed of mls they arent as fast to suspend the markets

stingerro wrote: »
    PP?
    yap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Sporting Bet paid out but I guess they could realise there mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Draw @ 11/5
    Turkey v Croatia
    Match Betting

Republic Of Ireland @ 7/5
    Estonia v Republic Of Ireland
    Match Betting

Portugal @ 13/10
    Bosnia And Herzegovina v Portugal
    Match Betting

Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 88.32

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Congo bet voided. These ***** made a mistake they should pay for it. Also, I bet someone lost his job today.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    What about satellite feeds?

Do they rely on text commentary or the match?

I notice some times when watching a satellite feed of mls they arent as fast to suspend the markets

Text commentary is ALWAYS faster than any satellite feed. Feeds are still used though for a lot of games, as its a lot cheaper.

Bookies always have a 5-7 second delay on in running bets anyway, so being a second or two behind the event doesnt really matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement